Profile for D P Kay > Reviews

Content by D P Kay

D P Kay

Urbanears Medis Stereo Earphones Petrol Blue
Urbanears Medis Stereo Earphones Petrol Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor wire engineering lets down good earphone design., 22 Sept. 2014
Great sound, look great, super comfy generally good earphones.
BUT, after moderate use for 6 weeks a connection somewhere in the wire has been lost and the sound is awful and inconsistent. They are useless; going to try and get a refund.
This is a shame as I liked them. I hope this is a rare fault.

Marumi 40.5mm UV Haze Filter
Marumi 40.5mm UV Haze Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars protects and improves photo's, 31 May 2014
Pretty simple and inexpensive way of both tidying up my photo's and protecting the lens on my NEX-5.
Fits the lens nicely and I'm happy with the subtle improvement in my landscape photo's.

Hospital: We Are 18
Hospital: We Are 18

5.0 out of 5 stars The future, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Hospital: We Are 18 (Audio CD)
This is awesome.
Soooo many solid tracks and a few mind blowing pieces.
I think this album best represents the current state of the more liquid side of Drum'n'Bass.

Mountains
Mountains

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool album, but a few turkeys, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Mountains (Audio CD)
When it's good it's very good, but parts are forgetable.
Lots of good signs for the future, but currently I think Hybrid Minds remixes are stronger than most of the originally produced material.

Tunturi Yoga Mat Printed
Tunturi Yoga Mat Printed
Offered by PureFitness & Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars Grand, 24 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Tunturi Yoga Mat Printed (Sports)
Great grip, comfortable, but not the most padded mat in the world, can only use for a limited time.
Looks nice though and has a cute little bag.

Supergets® Nokia Lumia 820 Dark Blue Wallet Side Flip PU Leather Case Cover, Screen Protector, Touch Screen Stylus And Polishing Cloth

2.0 out of 5 stars Girly, 6 April 2013
This fits and protects my Lumia well and from a practical point of view it's fine, the phone is easy to use when in the wallet.
The wallet itself feels quite cheap (but then it IS quite cheap!) though and looks a bit tacky.
The colour is described as Dark Blue but is actually more lilac and pretty much exactly as per the picture.
It's girly.
I don't like it and won't use it, but that's mostly my fault for going on the colour description rather than the photo.
It's probably worth the money, but I won't be using it.

Fits NOKIA LUMIA 435, 510,720, 800,820,900. "BOURBON BISCUIT" Neoprene Case, Cover, Pouch, Holder.
Offered by OP Media

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than just a novelty., 6 April 2013
Good novelty item which keeps my Lumia well protected when not in use.
Worth the price if only to make your phone stand out from the crowd.

AKG K315 Pebble High Performance Ear Buds - Black
AKG K315 Pebble High Performance Ear Buds - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars good sound, good fit, but broke after just 3 months, 6 April 2013
The sound from these is considerably better than my last pair of Seinnheiser earphones, which were a similar price.
They fit well and don't drop out while I'm moving around but the cable is too short for me to have my tunebox in my pocket without it tugging my ears so I need to clip it higher or have it in an inside pocket.
The volume control has a good range but easy to catch and change unintentionally, and it feels cheap, I think this is the part that will break first.
So basically, from a sound point of view, these are excellent, but this is let down by a few design issues which make them slightly annoying to use.
I have had these for three months and they broke this morning, they now only work in one ear. Would not recommend.