Profile for Natalie > Reviews

Brannan 12/413 Dial Max Min Thermometer+Humidity
Brannan 12/413 Dial Max Min Thermometer+Humidity
Offered by S. Brannan & Sons

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like how it looks, 5 May 2015
I really like how it looks, and the reading seems accurate compared to the other (digital) max/min thermometer I had (which broke after a week and didn't look nearly as night). I didn't find it difficult to reset, but I can see that it might be difficult for an elderly person.

I fixed mine to the wall using a nail, seems secure.

Max Min thermometer for greenhouses & grow rooms (Green)
Max Min thermometer for greenhouses & grow rooms (Green)
Offered by ETI Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars but it worked like a dream for a week, 2 May 2015
Not sure if I got a dodgy one, but it worked like a dream for a week, and then just when I needed it most, the display went funny (displaying only parts of each number). I changed the battery, but that didn't work either. Now nothing will come up on the screen :(. Gutted.

Cloud Atlas
Cloud Atlas
by David Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings about this one, 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (Paperback)
It takes a bit of getting into. I do think it rewards you with a pretty cool story, but it's kind of an effort to begin with, particularly because it's long. And of course, some characters are more appealing to read about than others. I kind of found myself wanting to get back to certain characters.

I'm really glad I read it now, but a few chapters in I did kind of want to give up.

Anansi Boys
Anansi Boys
by Neil Gaiman

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, but it wasn't my favourite Neil Gaiman ..., 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Anansi Boys (Paperback)
I liked it, but it wasn't my favourite Neil Gaiman novel. I preferred Neverwhere and the Ocean at the End of the lane, and Fragile Things (the short story collection). Still worth a read in my opinion.

Pentel Aquash Water Brush Pens Assorted Tips (Pack of 3 - Fine, Medium and Broad)

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't find them all that easy to use and they smallest brush size is too ..., 27 Oct. 2014
Quite convenient, but after a few uses the brushes on mine started to discolour even though I was washing them thoroughly. I don't find them all that easy to use and they smallest brush size is too big for me. It doesn't cut the faff of painting down all that much, really.

The Etymologicon: A Circular Stroll through the Hidden Connections of the English Language
by Mark Forsyth

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really good book to dip in and out of, 27 Oct. 2014
This is a really good book to dip in and out of. Unfortunately I can never remember the cute facts that I've read in here, but that only means I get to read it again later. Also, the book is really nice looking.

Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: 25th Anniversary Edition
Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: 25th Anniversary Edition
by Robert Pirsig

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this book, 27 Oct. 2014
I really like this book. It's one of the few that I've re-read. Interesting on lots of different levels and an easy read, too.

Jewellery of Lords Arrow Industrial Scaffold Surgical Stainless Steel Ear Bar Body Piercing
Offered by Jewellery of Lords Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars and fits my ear fine (I would say my ears are a little on ..., 27 Oct. 2014
I have bought a few of these as I have lost the back a couple of times. I always get compliments on it. It's comfy, and fits my ear fine (I would say my ears are a little on the big side of medium).

Eozy 100pcs 12*12mm Corner Protectors Folders for Book Scrapbooking File Folder Albums Menu 1059#Gold Tone
Offered by Ju Bao

5.0 out of 5 stars They look great., 27 Oct. 2014
These are really cute little things. I've used my first ones for a card, but I plan to try them on books and zines, too. They look great.

Anitas A4 Plain Parchment Vellum Paper Stack, Pack of 10, Pastels
Anitas A4 Plain Parchment Vellum Paper Stack, Pack of 10, Pastels

4.0 out of 5 stars ... as you can see on the cover (I actually love that sheet, 17 Sept. 2014
There is one sheet of striped pastel vellum (like a rainbow) as you can see on the cover (I actually love that sheet, I wish I could just order loads of that!) Then there are 10 plain sheets (2 of each individual colour).

I'm using them as covers for a zine. I think they look really nice and they protect the layer below (photo paper) well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4