Profile for poobah > Reviews

NUX Loop Core Guitar Effect Pedal 40 Drum Patterns True bypass
NUX Loop Core Guitar Effect Pedal 40 Drum Patterns True bypass
Offered by EUWHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and sounds great, 28 Jan. 2015
what a tool! easy to use and sounds great!

Bocideal(TM) New DesignLeather Cover Notebook Vintage Style Journal Nautical Diary (Brown)
Offered by bocideal

4.0 out of 5 stars but it's still pretty nice., 28 Jan. 2015
not convinced it's real leather as advertised, but it's still pretty nice.

From Where I Stand
From Where I Stand
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: From Where I Stand (Audio CD)
Was surprised to discover that Kevin Costner had made several albums, so out of curiosity I bought this one which I think is the latest. Having recently bought Jeff Bridges' album and being disappointed I didn't hold out much hope bit I thought I'd give it a chance. Wow what a great surprise, the album is terrific. He doesn't have the best voice but it's good enough and the band are great. The songs are well written and I will definitely be buying his previous albums.

Jeff Bridges
Jeff Bridges
Offered by davehopetrading

3.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Jeff Bridges (Audio CD)
Had no idea Jeff Bridges had recorded an album and being a fan I bought it. The first song is quite lively and thought 'this is going to be a nice surprise' Oops not so. Every song after that just gets more and more depressing, it's almost as if it's running at the wrong speed. He mumbles his way through every song and you can barely pick out the odd word here and there.

It got three stars coz I like Jeff Bridges, no other reason.

Guitar Wall Hanger Electric / Acoustic / Bass Bracket
Guitar Wall Hanger Electric / Acoustic / Bass Bracket

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 14 Jan. 2013
Arrived very quickly and does exactly what it says on the tin. No frills, just a very good quality guitar hook for small change. You really cannot go wrong.

2 x New Jersey Sound Corp Short Arm Guitar Wall Hanger for Electric and Acoustic Guitars
Offered by Globelight21

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 April 2012
Not too much to say but they arrived very promptly, well packaged. Easy to put up and they swivel which makes hanging the guitars up and lifting them down very easy. Nice and sturdy and foam coated so no scratches. Very very good indeed

Celestron 31051 Astromaster 130EQ-MD Motor Drive Reflector Telescope
Celestron 31051 Astromaster 130EQ-MD Motor Drive Reflector Telescope

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starter scope, 27 April 2012
Did a lot of research before buying this scope and read reviews here on Amazon. But there's so much info' and different opinions on forums etc that in the end I just went for it, and I can only say what a brilliant decision. It was delivered within two days, well packaged and spotless. Setting it up took about forty minutes but only because I took my time. You will read about collimating and it sounds pretty scary but the scope didn't need touching, everything was spot on.

Balancing it properly is quite important to stop it rotating on its own so you don't have to hold onto it which does make it wobble a bit. The finder scope is a waste of time so don't even bother putting the battery in, it won't help you find anything. Therefore centering on what you're trying to look at is tricky but you'll get used to using reference points near he object you trying to look at.

The Moon with the 10mm lens in looks absolutely beautiful and to give you an idea how good the scope is it completely fills the eyepiece. You can see virtually every crater. Don't expect to see the planets as close though, this is only an entry level scope. Mars with the naked eye is just a slightly red looking star. Through the scope it's just a slightly larger, slightly red looking star.

This was my first scope and I bought it only recently but I'm hooked already. For this amount of money I don't see how there could be a better one out there. Would have got five stars if it wasn't for the finder scope but don't let that put you off. Buy it!

Timex Expedition Gents Watch T45781
Timex Expedition Gents Watch T45781

3.0 out of 5 stars great watch but......., 12 Jan. 2012
First let me say that the watch itself would get 5 stars, no problem at all. Everything works perfectly and although it's quite a wristfull, it still looks elegant. The numbers are all very small though so if anyone wears glasses like me expect to be squinting a bit. But this hasn't spoiled it for me and don't let it put you off, I love this watch.

The reason it only got three stars is because of the problem with the supplier that I wasn't aware of at first.

The watch arrived very quickly, in a plain black box wrapped around a 'pillow'. The outer and inner packaging was spotless but the watch was broken, in that the crown had snapped off and was rolling around inside the box.
I asked for a replacement and it arrived quickly again, but this time it was in a proper Timex explorer box wrapped around a tough plastic ring, shrink wraspped and cable tied in place with all the booklets etc. It was at this point that I realsied the first one must've been put into any watch box they could find. I also suspect that as the packaging wasn't damaged but the watch was, that a damaged watch could possibly have been sent in the first place although I can't honestly see why this would be the case, it was just odd that the box etc wasn't even dented.

Whatever the supplier was doing I don't know but if you do decide to buy this watch I know you will be very happy with it.

Horus Rising (The Horus Heresy)
Horus Rising (The Horus Heresy)
by Dan Abnett
Edition: Audio CD

1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing in the extreme, 14 Jun. 2011
This is a review of the audio book NOT the written book which, like the whole Horus Heresy series is fantastic. I am a huge fan of the warhammer 40k books and audio books and so it pains me to report that the Horus Heresy audio book is absolute rubbish.

Not because the story isn't fantastic and not because it's badly written or poorly abridged for audio, but because unlike all of the other Warhammer audio books I own and listen to all the time in the car there is no atmosphere. There is very little music and what there is lasts moments only and is completely random. Neither are there and sound effects to enhance the story-telling as in all of the other audio books. But over all I find it almost impossible to believe that the Black Library Endorsed Martyn Ellis as the reader. His voice characterisations are alarmingly inappropriate, completely neutering hardened generals of the Astartes into boyish whimps.
He has turned this excellent novel into a reading of something completely soleless and after enduring the first 3 discs, cringeing everytime certain characters 'speak' I can suffer no more.

I sincerely hope that Mr Ellis is kept far away from any further readings of Warhammer novels in future.

Warhammer fans will buy this, I know that. If I was reading this review I would still buy it because I'm a fan, but prepare to have every character you'd drawn within your minds reading the book, completely reduced to a characterisation of a small petulant boy.

I'm gutted.

iGadgitz Black EVA Travel Hard Case Cover Sleeve for Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 Internet Tablet

4.0 out of 5 stars iGadgitz travel case, 20 April 2011
Arrived a day earlier than expected and does exactly what it says on the tin. No gimmics or pointless whistles and bells, just a good quality, tough case to keep your expensive tablet safe. Ideal for the purpose.