Profile for J. Castle > Reviews

Content by J. Castle

J. Castle "Chowlady" (London)

Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider
by Cornelia Funke
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Dragon Adventure, 12 April 2009
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Paperback)
I guess this is ideally a childrens book but the child within this middle age woman thouroughly enjoyed this adventure. After a stressful day at work it was great to escape into the world of brownies, homonculi and dragons. It's a typical 'quest' story. A group of very different individulistic creatures banding together in search of the Rim of Heaven, where the last remaining dragons reside.
I feel a film coming on!

It's Not Me It's You
It's Not Me It's You
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner for Lily, 10 Mar 2009
This review is from: It's Not Me It's You (Audio CD)
If you are a fan of Lily Allen and enjoyed her first album, then this one won't disappoint.
Although I'm not a fan of unecessary swear words in songs, Miss Allen has a certain charm in her singing which complements these words and you find yourself singing along, accepting the swear words as just that - 'words'
I'm in my 50's and play both Lily's albums, all the time!

Flame Trees Of Thika [DVD]
Flame Trees Of Thika [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hayley Mills
Price: 5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nostalgic View, 1 Feb 2009
This review is from: Flame Trees Of Thika [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this TV series the first time round, approx, 30 years ago.
It stars Haley Mills and Ben Cross as one of the pioneering upper class British families who move to a new life in Africa in 1913. It is seen through the eyes of their daughter, Elspeth Huxley, whom I met once, at the latter end of her life, on a coach trip, visiting several European Zoos. She had a deep passion for wildlife even then.
Although this is dated I enjoyed this much better than 'Wild at Heart' which is on TV at the moment, which has a similar thread to Flame Trees.
Therefore, if you remember this series or like Haley or Ben in their younger days this is the DVD for you.
If you are a 'Wild at Heart' fan I would still give it a go if only to see how this compares, taking into consideration it's age.
Every episode leaves you with a feel good factor and we all need some of that ;o)

Shaun The Sheep 2009 Slim Calendar
Shaun The Sheep 2009 Slim Calendar
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Year of the Sheep, 1 Feb 2009
For all Shaun the Sheep lovers this calendar will satisfy. Most of the main characters appear somewhere and there is still room to write your reminders on each day. I'm looking forward to October where the big fat sheep appears ;o)
My only disappointment, was having bought several for Xmas presents, there was no envelope included for me to send them in.
Although we are a month into 2009 there is still 11 months left to enjoy this calendar and maybe you can buy it cheaper too!