Profile for Bizzy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Getting Over the X
Getting Over the X

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 26 Dec. 2014
I found this book compelling and easy to read and understand. I thought I would be getting an angry and bile laden story with just enough "fact" to make it believable but instead what I got was a very true and totally honest book with real emotions and integrity, it makes me honestly look at the X factor/Cowell publicity machine in a totally different way and I will not be able to watch Xfactor or even The Voice in future.

Andrew James 3 Litre Stainless Steel Pump Action Airpot Ideal For Hot And Cold Beverages
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Feel I was "conned" into buying his - very unhappy results, 28 Oct. 2013
I was so looking forward to buying this as I live with my mum who has problem using a kettle, we wanted something that would keep water hot/warm till I came home from work at lunchtime to fill it again for her, I am sorry to say that the Airpot was totally useless and I feel that the timings was totally misrepresented, I used this Airpot properly ie I filled it with boiling water first and then filled it again with boiling water, I was able to come home for a wee minute after I had used it the first time (only an hour after filing it) and the water was lukewarm and would not make a decent cup of tea, after just 3 hours it was cold, as the pot is not a glass bubble flask (ie Thermos) the heat just left it, now I will have to pay £4.00 to return it to Andrew James to get a refund, very disappointed in that but even more disappointed is that now I will have to search for another one and I will need to ask a neighbour to make mum tea while it is delivered, I am unsure if it was the style (not having glass inlay) that makes this Airpot so "naff" and I would avoid this pot and buy something a bit more expensive ie A Thermos, which have a glass inlay. The timing that was given is totally OTT, so I would advise potential buyers to be aware of the situation
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2015 1:53 AM GMT

Killing House: The SAS and the Iranian Embassy Siege
Killing House: The SAS and the Iranian Embassy Siege

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poorly written - with no great depth, 30 Jan. 2013
I was so disappointed with this book as I felt it was written by, or at least FOR a five year old. I have read a couple of dozen books on this subject (some dating back to the early-mid 80s) and this book was the most cheaply and tackily witten of such an important part of modern history, (This book was published just 2 years ago where there has been an abundance of literature concerning the hostage situation - most of which is now out of print) With this book there was no great depth written about the people who were involved and all it did was take information from other books/tv programmes and rehash it. I felt that it was a "Heat Magazine" template involved ie very fluffy and grammatically I was even more dissapointed. I would advise potential customers to spend their money on buying a better book, or even sourcing information from a library, but do not spend your money on this as you will be extremely dissapointed.
Comment Comments (21) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2013 4:41 PM GMT

Decrescent 30 Pin to USB 2.0 OTG Host Mode Cable for Samsung Galaxy Tab
Decrescent 30 Pin to USB 2.0 OTG Host Mode Cable for Samsung Galaxy Tab

1.0 out of 5 stars Was not very useful - never will be used!!!, 8 Dec. 2012
I bought this to use with my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and it will not let me access any of my files - they claim that it has been "inserted" but it then tells me that its un-compatible with my Galaxy. My table is only 3 months old and this is the first adapter I have bought for it and its of no use to me, I would be very carerful in purchasing this product, money wasted and now it will be too expensive for me to return.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2012 4:06 AM GMT

Batman: The 1943 Serial Collection [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Batman: The 1943 Serial Collection [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Lewis Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Be very careful....., 9 Aug. 2012
It claims that his dvd has HOH subtitles for the Hearing Impaired but these are the American CC subtitles which cannot be played on a multi-region dvd player so if you are hearing impaired then this dvd will be of no use to use, as this has happened to me I cannot review the movie or give any feedback, just be careful if you rely on subtitles

Behind The Mask [DVD]
Behind The Mask [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Redgrave
Offered by The Happy Zombie

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not have Subtitles, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Behind The Mask [DVD] (DVD)
I feel that I must inform you that this dvd DOES NOT carry subtitles as claimed, I bought it for my family who love these type of movies and although the box and the actual dvd itself claim to have subtitles, they DO NOT, so I would advise you if you are hearing impaired to be careful when buying this dvd.

British Transport Films Collection [DVD]
British Transport Films Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stanley Holloway
Offered by zoverstocks

2.0 out of 5 stars It does NOT carry subtitles, 29 Dec. 2011
There is a mistake in the description and I would like to inform you that this boxset DOES NOT carry any form of subtitles so any hearing impaired person/person who relies on the sutitle facility please avoid this boxset

VonHaus Nano 3.0 Media Player- HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - MKV - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards
Offered by Designer Habitat

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality - would avoid at all cost., 27 Sept. 2011
I purchased one of these as I wanted to access my dvds more quickly and I am very disapointed with this product.
Firstly, the remote is very poor quality and unresponsive to my requests.

The media player itself is also very poor quality and un-responsive to my media files, I can play these files on an older media player with not problems but I cannot access them on this player. They are all .avi files thus they should have no problems playing them.

The seller Designer Habitat have made up their own boxes for this product and I suspect that they are made quickly and cheaply (VERY VERY cheaply!!!!) thus there is no quality control.

When I plugged it in, I got a small shock from this box, and I was not holding any electrical or metalic parts, and I should not get this as the box is made of cheap plastic.

As stated in one of the customer information page, see page one, I feel that the seller of this product has been "bigging" themselves up and mis-represented the product. I also feel that it has misrepresented the product to the point of being fraudulent and thus I will be making a formal complaint to Amazon.

I am so dissapointed in this product that I have not waited till I get a refund before I make this review, no doubt there will be a price to pay for this, but if it avoids anyone else buying this product then I will willingly do so.

I hope you take the time and effort to read this in preperation of whether you decide to purchase this or not, all I can do is inform you and wish you the best of luck
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2011 12:11 PM GMT

Paperchase black nylon multi pencil case
Paperchase black nylon multi pencil case
Offered by Paperchase

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought??, 24 Mar. 2011
This pencil case is a lot smaller than I anticipated and it would only be suitable for a person who has very little "pencil" products to put into it. I also feel that the quality is not as good as some you get in shops for half the price (and I am not even puting the VERY expensive delivery charge) into the equations, I would advise potential purchasers to look in their local shops (even supermarkets have this product or similiar a lot cheaper) before purchasing this product, delivery was quick though

Solid Folding Solid Wood Bed Tray
Solid Folding Solid Wood Bed Tray

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought??, 15 Mar. 2011
As most of the previous posters has said there seems to be a quality problem with the slants between the legs and I had to glue them, the wood seems a bit flimsy and cheap and I would have returned it but it was too time consuming and costly, the best thing I did was re-enforce the legs and to paint with with a good quality paint and that seems to have "hardened" the legs and made them more stronger and also as its being used as a mini-table (to put my computer printer on) and its not being "moved" then hopefully it will be OK, its a lot of hassle just for a tray I would advise potential customers to be very careful and be prepared to return it and buy another.

Page: 1 | 2