Profile for Ms. L. J. Hudson > Reviews

Ms. L. J. Hudson

Page: 1 | 2
Storyline
Storyline

5.0 out of 5 stars An astounding, mature follow up album for Hunter Hayes!, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Storyline (Audio CD)
An absolutely incredible follow up album for Mr Hayes! I've been waiting for this for a good 3 years and it did not disappoint! This album is inspired by the structure of vinyl records, and you can definitely hear it. The songs all link together to one storyline and the use of two interludes really transition the songs together! This album also contains hints of the bluegrass genre as well as the country genre it belongs to. While comparing this to his first album, you can tell that Hunter has grown and matured in so many ways, in his music and persona! This album is so deep and meaningful and you will relate to at least one of the songs easily, Hunter has seriously outdone himself!

Standout tracks are 'Invisible', 'Storyline', 'You think you know somebody', 'Flashlight' and 'Love too much'. But every track is beautiful alone. Buy this album! You will not regret it! 😊

Hunter Hayes (Encore)
Hunter Hayes (Encore)
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new country artist!, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Hunter Hayes (Encore) (Audio CD)
I am a huge fan of country music, which includes artists like Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban and Lady Antebellum.
I had previously heard some of Hunter's songs online but I didn't think anything of it until I bought this CD. I purposely decided to wait until this deluxe version of the album was released. Now I can say that Hunter is my favourite new artist! The fact that he plays all the instuments on the album is astounding in itself with all of the songs (that he wrote) being amazing! The encore version also features Jason Mraz and Ashley Monroe which is a lovely addition. The songs are catchy, well crafted, and all around beautiful. My personal favourites are 'Storm Warning' 'Wanted' 'Love Makes Me'and I also love 'I Want Crazy' and 'In a song' from the deluxe part!

This guy is going to be around for a while and I can just tell! He is just beginning his career and it'll be a successful one. Especially as he performed with MR STEVIE WONDER a few weeks ago, afterwards Stevie himself lauded him as a "blessing to country music". That's incredible for a new artist!

I really hope he comes over to the UK soon to put on a few shows :)

Silver Linings Playbook [DVD]
Silver Linings Playbook [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bradley Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film of 2012! A well deserved Oscar!, 13 April 2013
What more can I say? It has everything a film should have, humour, drama, romance. What makes it stand out to me is the appeal and relation of it, it is so realistic in showing mental illness that people will understand what it's like from the perspective of that person.

Bradley Cooper gives the best performance of his career as well as Jennifer Lawrence, who deserved her Academy Award for Best Actress! Robert De Niro is great as always and Jacki Weaver steals the show with her memorable moments.

Incredible :D

Time and Attention
Time and Attention

5.0 out of 5 stars This duo should be more famous!, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Time and Attention (MP3 Download)
I'm always looking for new and upcoming country artists to add to my playlist but I discovered this song is being considered for the "Nashville" TV Show and fell in love with it!
It would be perfect for the show! I can imagine Connie Britton singing it :)

This duo deserve more recognition, they are fantastic and all their songs are beautifully written :)

Revenge - Season 1 [DVD]
Revenge - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emily Van Camp

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic TV show!, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Revenge - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is my favourite show and one of the best written and acted shows on TV these days. Emily Vancamp, Madeline Stowe and the rest of the cast are brilliant and perfect in their roles! What more can I say?
Can't wait for season two, this series is phenomenal!

COLT® Lightning to USB SD Card MicroSD Camera Combo Adapter - iPad 4, Ipod Touch 5 gen, Nano 7th Gen

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS!, 6 Mar 2013
I bought this a few days ago so I could transfer a few videos to my IPad from my USB.
It arrived quickly on time and I was happy. Then I used it once and it imported some of my videos fine, then I gently removed it and it broke instantly! I was NOT happy! Will be returning this item immediately!

Jane Eyre [DVD] [2006]
Jane Eyre [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Ruth Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Jane Eyre adaptation!, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jane Eyre [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Jane Eyre is one of my favourite novels, not just me, but my entire family loves it! My mother actually named me after Jane (my middle name). Anyway, I have seen many of the adaptations and they have been nothing like this! It goes into so much more detail than the films as it's a mini series, plus, the actors are better. Ruth Wilson is a perfect Jane and Toby Stephens brings a new side to Rochester that you don't seem to get in the films. In my opinion, this is a million times better than the 2011 film with Michael Fassbender, I have seen that and I was very disappointed with it. This adaptation is magical!

Lord of the Rings: Complete Trilogy
Lord of the Rings: Complete Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Soundtrack Ever! Howard Shore is a GOD!, 21 Feb 2013
I am a massive Lord of the Rings fan, book and movies, and what made me love the films even more was the genius score! I love it when movies have a brilliant score, in my opinion it's one of the things that makes it magical. When I listen to the score I can automatically tell at what point I am in the movies, and certain points always bring me to tears, especially "The Return of the King" and "Into the West". There's nothing more I can say about this, definitely the best score ever! Howard Shore didn't win the Oscar award for nothing :)

Hard Times (Album Version)
Hard Times (Album Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 21 Feb 2013
One of my favourite songs to listen to while on a long car journey. It is simple, but the long running harmony is relaxing and stunning.

Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig

5.0 out of 5 stars Deal of the century!, 21 Feb 2013
This is the best 007 film that I've ever seen in my life! It's so gripping that it's one of those movies which you simply can't go to the toilet in, as you don't want to miss anything.

Aside from the film, this deal is fantastic! The Blu Ray, DVD and Digital Copy for £15.99? While the DVD on it's own is £12.99? I have an IPad so a digital copy is always great as I don't have to re-buy it on ITunes. Plus, whenever I buy a Blu Ray, I always try to get a DVD also as I only have one blu ray player in my house, and I would still like to watch it elsewhere. So this is PERFECT!
In my opinion all films should release these kind of combo packs! It's a HUGE deal!

Page: 1 | 2