Profile for B. Alonso > Reviews

Patinir: Estudios y catalogo critico / Studies and Critical Catalog
Patinir: Estudios y catalogo critico / Studies and Critical Catalog
by Alejandro Vergara

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition, 9 Jun. 2012
This book is written in spanish and the pictures are both numerous and of high quality.many close ups that reflect the true colouring.A valued book for the collevtion with excellent text.For the pictures alone,this book is well worth the expense.

John Constable
John Constable
by Evans Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 17 Mar. 2011
This review is from: John Constable (Hardcover)
I bought this book with Constable by Jonathan Clarkson.I had bought the other book beforehand and thought it covered everything and this could be a repeat of the same....how wrong I was.Between the two books I feel pretty much all his work is covered.this book has watercolours and many oil sketches not in the other.They comliment each other very well.the book is full of illustrations and charts the processes of Constable and his inspiraions.The writing is erudite.I am very happy with this gem of a book.just brilliant.A must for any fan of constable and painter.

Constable
Constable
by Jonathan Clarkson

5.0 out of 5 stars such a good addition, 24 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Constable (Hardcover)
I got this book as I had a gap in my collection of the great Constable.I am an artist and learn from these books as well as a source of inspiration so the quality of the pictures is paramount to me.I wasnt disappointed with this book.Beautiful images and insightful writing.The images cover everything....sketches in oil,ink and pencil to the finished pieces.Great value too.You wont regret this purchase.I bought it without any reviews but Phaidon are generally good but this exceeded my expectations!.

Slendertone Flex Female Toning Belt (Old Version)
Slendertone Flex Female Toning Belt (Old Version)

2.0 out of 5 stars twice faulty, 11 Jan. 2011
I had one and it broke down after a month of use and Amazon changed it without any problem.The second one also stopped working and Amazon refunded me.Sterling service from fantastic amazon but I am shy about buying again.

A Terrible Glory: Custer and the Little Bighorn - the Last Great Battle of the American West
by James Donovan

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine read, 26 Sept. 2009
This book takes you through earlier campaigns before the final stand of custer.We get a glimpse of Custer and sundry and Sitting Bull before the battle and after.This book capitivates and reads like a novel.It puts all its characters in perspective.

Empires of the Sea: The Final Battle for the Mediterranean, 1521-1580
Empires of the Sea: The Final Battle for the Mediterranean, 1521-1580
by Roger Crowley

5.0 out of 5 stars A ripping read, 31 Jan. 2009
This book was a pleasure to read and very informative.It's battle scenarios are very well written.I missed several metro/underground stops due to being so immersed in this book.A real page turner that charts tensions between Christian and Christian and Muslim worlds.The story of the Maltese knights stands out as does the battle of Lepanto.

The Royle Family - Christmas Special - The New Sofa [DVD]
The Royle Family - Christmas Special - The New Sofa [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Aherne

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to see the family again, 16 Jan. 2009
After reading all the negative reviews,I was reluctant about ordering this dvd.But I watched it on the internet and I have to say that I loved it.Yes,It was different from earlier episodes but also it was cosily familar.Indulge yourself and get it.Great viewing.It was the best thing I saw all Christmas.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2009 11:47 AM GMT