Profile for Adam B > Reviews

India
by Pushpesh Pant
Price: 14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'War & Peace' of Indian cuisine, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: India (Hardcover)
Pushpesh Pant... you've created a work of genius, and I salute you! Across the 816 pages (and 1,000 recipes) in your 'India Cookbook', you've given us something as multi-layered, rich and colourful as India itself. Reading your book is like walking into Mumbai's Crawford market - ingredients I've never seen, a kaleidoscope of aromas and colours, and more dishes than I could cook in a lifetime. And EVERTHING I've cooked from your book is delicious. From 'Cocunut chutney with seasoning' to 'broad beans with coriander', from 'Tamil Nadu dal with drumsticks' to 'semolina pancakes', from 'Split red dal' to 'Dum aloo', you've introduced me to a new, earthy, authentic style of Indian cooking. True - this isn't a book for beginners - but lots of those exist. What you have created is a book you can take into an Asian foodstore - and find a delicious recipe for any and every ingredient you find. The India Cookbook is the War & Peace of Indian cuisine - a rollercoaster journey over a vast landscape. Thank you for sharing it with us.