Profile for Ashley Clements > Reviews

Tales of Ancient Rome
Tales of Ancient Rome
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Short Reads, 24 Feb 2012
Having never really read short stories, I bought this on a whim as I love anything to do with Rome. The 12 stories are great little reads and varied. My personal favourite was about the Roman fire-fighter, but all were really good.

Definitely a surprise and am very happy to recommend this!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2012 7:42 PM GMT

Legionary (Legionary 1)
Legionary (Legionary 1)
Price: 1.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Rip Roaring Adventure, 24 Feb 2012
Putting aside some of the grammar and English mistakes other have pointed out (if I am honest they didn't detract from the story for me) this is a very good ready, especially for a first book. Anyone who loves Roman historic fiction or just a good old action adventure should check this out.

The action is fast and flowing and the details are good enough to let you visualise what's happening. The story itself jumps around a little but I think this just heightens the action.

Characters are good and I found myself actually routing for Pavo and hoping he's succeed and hoping the protagonist would fail. Some of the other character where a little shallow but overall very good.

I'd have no issue recommending this to anyone who's a fan of genre. It's maybe not quite as polished as a novel by Simon Scarrow or Conn Iggulden but definitely hope this is the first of a new series! Can't wait for the next book.