Profile for Granny Buttons > Reviews

Content by Granny Buttons

Granny Buttons (Granny Buttons, canals of England)

Page: 1 | 2
Jason Natural Cosmetics Powersmile Toothpaste, Peppermint, 6 Ounces
Jason Natural Cosmetics Powersmile Toothpaste, Peppermint, 6 Ounces
Offered by Beauty Naturals

2.0 out of 5 stars Too cold and excessively minty., 17 Jun. 2015
I was recommended this as a replacement for the Rembrandt toothpaste I used to buy and love, but which I've found hard to get in recent years.
I can't speak for the cleaning or whitening, but I found Jason too cold and excessively minty for my taste, sorry. The big thing about Rembrandt was the taste - mild and fresh, it left my mouth feeling good. After using Jason my mouth feels cold and unpleasant.

Leifheit 140 x 40cm Dressfix XL drawstring replacement ironing board cover - Structure

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Dec. 2014
Best ironing board I've ever come across. Only trouble is, I have to order the covers specially.

AeroPress Filter Papers, Pack of 350, White
AeroPress Filter Papers, Pack of 350, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Earlier I bought the steel non-replaceable filter. I lost ..., 13 Dec. 2014
Earlier I bought the steel non-replaceable filter. I lost it after scarcely a dozen cups of coffee. These are more practical.

12v Female Car Cigar Cigarette Lighter Socket Plug Connector High Quality 2M 5A
12v Female Car Cigar Cigarette Lighter Socket Plug Connector High Quality 2M 5A
Offered by RadioWorld

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Dec. 2014
Can't complain for the price - although I'd prefer a higher-gauge cable.

Gardena 8188-20 Water Meter
Gardena 8188-20 Water Meter

4.0 out of 5 stars Works according to spec., 13 Dec. 2014
Does the job. I wish it had optional gallons too, but I know I'm being weird.

[5 years warranty] EasyAcc® Aluminum SuperSpeed USB 3.0 5 Port Charging Station Hub with 2 Quick Charging Ports and 3 Standard USB 3.0 Ports for All smart phone and PC ,iPhone 5s 5c 5,iPad Air Mini,Galaxy S5 S4,Note 3 2,the new HTC One (M8),Nexus ,Tablets PC, Mac,iMac,MacBook Pro Air,Ultrabooks,Microsoft Surface RT,Laptops,Raspberry Pi ,Black ,12V/3A 36W Power AC Adapter [2 Specially-Made USB Charging Cables Included for Free]
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and highly-specified, seems good value., 13 Dec. 2014
I bought it for its neat row of USB 3.0 sockets, inc 2 x 2.4A chargers. It replaced an Anker 7-port hub I bought earlier this year. Trouble with the Anker one was it was flat and the sockets were hard to put in and out because they were so close to the desk.
When I saw the specs and layout of this EasyAcc model, it made more sense - much easier to plug in and unplug.

I didn't really need so many sockets, the 3 data sockets here were enough, and the 2 x 2.4A charging sockets were powerful enough too.

One criticism is the power-in socket and main data cable (to the computer) are on the left - I'd prefer them coming out of the back.

Olympus VF-4 Electronic Viewfinder for MFT Cameras with Accessory Port
Olympus VF-4 Electronic Viewfinder for MFT Cameras with Accessory Port
Offered by DERM2LI

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubber eyecup detached & lost. slow response in use., 18 Oct. 2014
Slow response when raising it to my eye. The rubber eyecup came away after a couple of weeks as it wasn't very secure, making the item useless. Waste of £230.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2014 8:49 PM GMT

S Filter for AeroPress - Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Coffee Filter
S Filter for AeroPress - Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Coffee Filter
Offered by Cosmic Deals UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, but easily lost., 18 Oct. 2014
The idea is a good one, and it did the job of replacing the filter. However, it proved fiddly to remove after making the cup, and bits of the 'puck' of coffee grounds often came away with it, making it messy to use.

It disappeared after only about 20 uses, probably gone in the bin with the coffee by accident. This represent almost £1 per cup! It also represents around 4 years of filter papes.

Seems to me that the filter paper makes more sense, sorry. I've gone back to using them.

Olympus BLN-1 Li-ion Battery for E-M5
Olympus BLN-1 Li-ion Battery for E-M5

3.0 out of 5 stars A 'grey import' from Hong Kong, 23 Mar. 2014
I bought this as it was a few quid cheaper than the official Olympus battery. It turned out to be dispatched from Hong Kong and has Chinese writing all over. I presume it's a 'grey import' - I hope it isn't a fake. But it does keep its charge, and seems OK.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2014 9:36 AM BST

Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse
Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse
Offered by Appods

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't get used to the flat scroll pad, 23 Mar. 2014
I suppose Microsoft mice are built well. But I can't get used to the scroll 'pad'. Much prefer a scroll wheel. I'm going to sell it - or probably give it away. I bought a £2.50 mouse from a bargain store, and even though it has a cable, it feels a better mouse than this one at over ten times the price.

Page: 1 | 2