Profile for Ness > Reviews

Creature
Creature
by Andrew Zuckerman

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, just, Wow, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: Creature (Hardcover)
Seriously one of the best wildlife books I own, and I own a lot of them.
I can see the texture of an Elephant for example and all the detail in various lizards and snakes and other animals.
I am honestly in awe of this guys work and how the animals standout on a pure white background, making it easier for someone like me to try and draw the images.
The pictures are very high def; very clear, wonderful. The book is put together really nicely and is a 'coffee table' book I guess, but for me it remains a reference book of the highest order.
Thank you so much for bringing us your art Mr Zuckerman

Staedtler pigment liner fineliner technical drawing pen set of 6 assorted line widthss

5.0 out of 5 stars but these have already shown themselves to be far superior to them (if not for the reason that they ..., 8 Sep 2014
I Usually use the Pin pens, but these have already shown themselves to be far superior to them (if not for the reason that they work through a thermal imaging machine)
Perfect, couldn't ask for better

Her
Her
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Spike Jonze has written and directed a real intelligent piece of film I watched it yesterday with someone ..., 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: Her (DVD)
Spike Jonze has written and directed a real intelligent piece of film
I watched it yesterday with someone who HATES watching any film, a science lover, but who thoroughly enjoyed the film.
It is basically like a social commentary on todays society, long distance relationships with people you've never met in the flesh kind of thing, but with the 'person' being an operating system on a computer/phone. Which, when you think about it, isn't in thw slightest bit different to any of the people you may see on 'Catfish' the tv show, also orchestrating relationships with 'virtual strangers'
I loved it, I love both Joaquin Phoenix and Scarlett Johannson and think that they did a fantastic job in this, it can't have been easy at all acting with just yourself. (was it done that way? Did Joaquin film first with Scarlett's voice added in later, or vice versa?)
It's great, no action, no adventure, just a fly on the wall of this unique relationship, so don't expect big bangs or explosions :)

12 Piece Stainless Steel Wax Carving Set
12 Piece Stainless Steel Wax Carving Set
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat this!, 17 April 2014
Bargain price for well made tools. I can't wait now to get my miliput to start sculpting a Tibetan Skull

The Complete Art of Tattooing: 1
The Complete Art of Tattooing: 1
by Erick Alayon

5.0 out of 5 stars fills in the gaps of an apprenticeship., 14 Dec 2013
I sat up last night and read through this and it explained to me, in laymans terms, a few things which I had found difficult when my boss and mentor had explained them. Plus the guys here aren't big into machines and tuning so that helped a great deal.
For the money this book is a steal, and it is VERY informative.
Cannot recommend it more highly.
Due to some essential bits of information missing from the book, it won't help you a great deal without a proper apprenticeship

Marvel:Avengers Assemble/ Super Heroes Mega Colouring Book (Spiderman, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America)
Offered by Party, Stationery, Toys & Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids (or for tattooing stencils even), 14 Dec 2013
My Nephew Carlos is going to adore this book, but before I give it to him I may get a few of the pictures as they will likely come in very handy as stencils for tattooing in the future if customers want them (and they are in vogue at the moment).
Lots to do, a lot of pages, all pages with very clear pictures. Wonderful book

The Tattoo Colouring Book
The Tattoo Colouring Book
by Megamunden

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Designs, 9 Dec 2013
Working in a tattoo studio, you fast get used to what works and what doesn't work in a tattoo.
MegaMunden, from Brighton, certainly knows an effective design and how that would work in a tattoo, though I understand he doesn't tattoo himself.
The pictures are clear and well thought out and would satisfy a lot of the young'uns who are into the Traditional style at the moment (Although to be fair, this takes the traditional style and then takes it a little bit further)
It would be the absolute perfect gift for a kiddie who has tattooed parents.
If you are a tattoo artist though, be aware of the copyright. This isn't a flash book in the traditional sense and in comparison is VERY good value. I'm just saying, if you use the images, it may be nice and polite to get his permission first.
Can't wait to see what this guy does next

Thundershirt Anxiety Coat for Dog, L, Grey
Thundershirt Anxiety Coat for Dog, L, Grey
Offered by ethical-pet-store

4.0 out of 5 stars By Smeegle, aged 8, 18 Nov 2013
My mum bought this for me. I like it. I hide when they say I have to take it off. When they put it on I get two little training treats so I know it is good.
With this shirt I can: 1) Be sleepy and calm when the big booms and bangs are in the sky at dark time
2) I can go for a walk with it on and I don't care what other dogs think or say as I look smart. I don't have to bark or get tetchy at them anymore as I know I look good and they are stoopid as they don't have this shirt
3) I don't have to bark at people who come to the door. I'm not the alpha so why should I bother? Nope, I just curl up with my new fab shirt and be sleepy instead.
4) I can be Superdog the superhero and do amazing things. I have yet to try out my super powers but I know they must be there as my shirt is cool.
I like to sit in my cardboard box bedroom (which is for me only, not for my mum. I put MY toys in there) and wear my shirt. I like that it is snug and fits nicely. I like that it is grey as I am a boy and I don't like pink.
I was all calm straight away I liked it so much. I like to put my legs in the air and lay on my back when I wear it and pull funny faces at my mum.
This is my favourite shirt and beats the stoopid red coat they bought me to wear in the rain.

Please buy the Thundershirt for your dog and we can all be superheroes then. But not if you live near me as I want to be the only superhero where I live.
Woof
Smeegle
Aged 8 (That's what my mum says, but I am not that old, I think she got it wrong as I am surely only 2 or 3)

Like Clockwork
Like Clockwork

5.0 out of 5 stars QOTSA Rcok, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Like Clockwork (Audio CD)
Amazing new album, I love it
I also love how Joshua Homme can sometimes sound like David Bowie or other singers, just like a vocal chameleon
But in all seriousness, I am loving this album and it couldn't have come at a better time as I was chomping on the bit for some new tunes.

Scoubidou Strings x 50
Scoubidou Strings x 50
Offered by CKONE

5.0 out of 5 stars memories of childhood, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Scoubidou Strings x 50 (Toy)
I've been making loads of these since getting the pack, and what value. The strings are great and strong and can be really tugged about without breaking.
The seller is just about the best value on here and very quick at getting your order sorted and sent.
Brilliant, I am off to teach my friends kids some craft

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5