Profile for Professor Necessiter > Reviews

Content by Professor Nece...

Professor Necessiter (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
DTY Trading ® LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer
DTY Trading ® LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer
Offered by Goods Online 24/7 (UK SELLER)

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 7 Mar. 2015
Humidity reading faulty on arrival - reads a constant 10%. Bin fodder. (To add insult to injury took about 3 to 4 weeks to arrive).

Accurist Men's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Analogue Display and Two Tone Stainless Steel Gold Plated Bracelet MB1041N

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, before I sent it off., 29 Jan. 2015
Watch was good, I would have given it four stars, but I can barely remember what it was like. I certainly don't recommend the free bracelet adjustment service. It promised "Your watch will receive our immediate attention". 14 days ago I sent the watch off for one link to be removed. Phoned up today to see where it is. Was told "It's just gone into the workshop. It should be returned maybe towards the end of next week". If true, and I'm not staking my life on it, that will be 23 days - just to remove one link!. It cost me £3.90 to send the watch. If I'd thought, then I'd have got a link removal kit from Amazon for much less than that, bought myself a couple of cups of coffee with what I saved, and done the job myself in five minutes.

Shakespeare's Sonnets [DVD]
Shakespeare's Sonnets [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

5.0 out of 5 stars every thing in your hand if you bi lave on God, 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Shakespeare's Sonnets [DVD] (DVD)
Not seen Sonnests, maybe not released yet. Yes saw romeo and jurliet with decaprio so got the book but was jibbrish words and had changed lots from the film :-(.

Pleasantville [DVD] [1998]
Pleasantville [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Tobey Maguire

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Pleasant, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Pleasantville [DVD] [1998] (DVD)
I watched this based on the high ratings it was being awarded. What a terrible film. The plot is worthy of a ten minute short, but it's stretched out over two hours. Part way through, added on like a flat roof extension, it tries to become an allegory about colour prejudice. The story is childish and absurd, the moralising condescending and pretentious. The characters are mawkish. Cringiness rating five stars.

Kärcher K2 Home Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Kärcher K2 Home Air-Cooled Pressure Washer

1.0 out of 5 stars Powerless, 8 Jun. 2013
I have had no experience of pressure washers so I'm not comparing Karcher with another make. I got a Karchar K2 today and have spent some time trying it. My impression of this pressure washer is that its power is utterly anaemic. I would say that the force from the various lances is not noticeably better than I'd get from a Hozelock-type or similar nozzle attached via hose to a bog-standard water tap with ordinary domestic water pressure.

Coincidentally I have just seen a TV demo of this washer on a TV channel ("Ideal World"). The demo shows Karchar K2 used to clean a filthy car. Reason demo looks so impressive is the dirt seems to be loose, fresh and wet. On my car where there was typical road dirt and grime dried onto the car, the pressure washer just didn't touch it. Dried mud under the wheel arches was impervious to the washer's jet, and here I've had better results in the past with simply a garden hose and my finger over the end to make it squirt. In the end I had to use the car-brush accessory and brush at it to get the dirt off - no easier than using a chamois.

I also tried cleaning my patio slabs. I found absolutely NO difference of the after compared to before. The "Ideal World" boast was that weeds between the cracks would be removed. Mine weren't. The only longterm effect was to give them a good watering.

The demo shows garden furniture being cleaned - but it's misleading. The dirt in the demo looks like it's just loose mud thrown onto the garden chair. The algae that had grown on my garden chairs over the winter was impervious to pressure washing. It also took about half a minute of squirting to remove a couple of snails that had attached themselves, and I had to hold the jet about two inches away from them to do that.

In the demo they use phrases like "serious power", "rejuvenating" and "dirt blaster". They warn that the jet is so powerful it will lift grain on wood - didn't on mine, no matter how I tried. They warn that the jet is so powerful that you have to be careful not to get in its way. Completely not so. Not a gadget worth having, in my opinion.

Postscript... I have subsequently realised that the reason for the huge discrepancy between my review and most others is - that I use a water butt as a source. I since seem to find that performance as advertised depends on a pressurised supply, so connecting to a tap improves matters. Since the product specifically boasts that it will work from a water butt and that's how I, personally, need to use it I'm leaving my star rating unchanged.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2013 8:27 AM BST

Sony Mid-Range In-Ear Headphones with Deep Bass for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor sound!, 1 Jan. 2013
I bought these to replace the ones I had acquired given away with a very cheap mp3 player. These are so awful that I'm reverting to my free pair. The sound is thin and crackly and there's certainly no deep bass, in fact there's an absence of bass. I was guided by the good reviews, now I can't understand how those reviews seem so wrong, except that some reviewers are complaining that Sony has replaced a once good product with a rubbish one. Perhaps the good reviews apply to an earlier, far superior, version of these earphones.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2013 6:59 PM GMT

1m METRE 3.5MM PLUG TO PLUG AUX INPUT CABLE FOR IPOD MP3 CAR PLAYER (length: 1m, 100cm, 1000mm)
Offered by SWEETS++

5.0 out of 5 stars So cheap. And good., 13 July 2012
It's so cheap. Hardly dear enough to cover the cost of post and packing, yet it works perfectly fine in car.

Elephant [DVD] [2004]
Elephant [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Elias McConnell
Offered by d-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Superficial and exploitative with extra cod-psychology feature., 23 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Elephant [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Gratuitous violence but done in a Cool way so that's all right then and it wins a Palm D'Or.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2012 6:17 PM GMT

Max Value USB 2.0 Combo Hard Drive Enclosure for IDE or SATA Hard Drives
Max Value USB 2.0 Combo Hard Drive Enclosure for IDE or SATA Hard Drives

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough USB drive enclosure for IDE and SATA, 15 Mar. 2009
Product does all that's claimed for it. I've successfully used both SATA and IDE drives in it. It seems too cramped, fiddly and likely to suffer damage for me to want to frequently swap drives, which is how I'd originally planned to use it.

Nokia BL-5F Battery - Fits Nokia X5-01, N96, N95, E65 & Others
Nokia BL-5F Battery - Fits Nokia X5-01, N96, N95, E65 & Others

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor battery, 15 Mar. 2009
Right from the start the battery performed worse than the very poor battery I bought it to replace. Other feedback comments indicate that these batteries are not new. I bought it believing it was new. To supplier Just The Shop - are your batteries new or not?

Page: 1 | 2