Profile for M. Flynn > Reviews

The Radleys
The Radleys
Price: 4.12

5.0 out of 5 stars The Radleys, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Radleys (Kindle Edition)
I found this book so compelling, I finished it within a couple of days! I couldn't put it down! I found it dark and edgy and completely gripping.

It's about a family of vampires who restrain from eating blood. The mother and father havent told their children of their inherited... secret. Until one day, their daughter, Clara decides to stop eating meat, a way in which helps sustain from craving blood. Clara and her seventeen year old brother Rowan, soon find out what they are and with the appearance of an uncle they never knew they had, their whole world is turned upside down.

It's an exciting and I found the character's oddly relatable. Would definitely recommend this book and I can't wait to read more of Matt Haig's books!

The P45 Diaries
The P45 Diaries
Price: 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The P45 Diaries, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: The P45 Diaries (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely adored this book. I read it within a few days because I simply couldn't put it down. It's emotional and humorous, you'll be crying one moment and then laughing the next!

Jay has tragically lost his mum to cancer and finds it difficult to hold a job down. He has a strained relationship with his father and feels lost. I find Jay so relatable being a 22 year old on their 10th job whose felt lost and alone in the past. Of course, I don't know the pain in which Jay has gone through (thank God) but Jay tells it in such a way that it tugs at the heartstrings.

Above all that, Jay is hilarious. I found myself laughing out loud (in public) mutliple times when reading this book and I honestly can't wait to read it again! It reminds me of The Catcher in the Rye and The Perks of Being a Wallflower, two of my favourites. I would definitely recommend this book and I can't wait to read Ben Hatch's other novels!

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rosie Project, 4 Feb 2014
I loved this book so much. It was so endearing and funny. It's about Don Tillman, a genetics professor who wants to find a wife. He meets Rosie and agrees to help her find her bilogical father. Deciding she isn't right for the Wife Project, they settle into a sort of friendship while working on the Father Project. Although it's not said, Don has a form of Aspergers and finds social situations difficult while planning out every single minute of his life. I add this book to one of my current favourites along side The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and The Silver Linings Playbook. A fantastic debut and would definitely recommend. Can't wait for Graeme Simsion's next books!

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Polyurethane Origami Case (will only fit All-New Kindle Fire HD 7"), Mineral Black
Price: 21.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Case, 4 Feb 2014
This is a lovely case but unfortunately it didn't fit the kindle i bought it for. I bought my Dad a Kindle Fire HD 7" (Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB) for christmas but this case was too small. I don't know whether we were sent the wrong kindle or the wrong case but we sent this back.

Mini Wooden Pegs, Plain, 100pk
Mini Wooden Pegs, Plain, 100pk
Offered by mandy Store
Price: 1.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Pegs, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mini Wooden Pegs, Plain, (Toy)
They did what i want them to do but I found that the pegs weren't held together very well and would fall apart. They were easy to put back together afterwards but this did get a little annoying and because they are so small, they were quite fiddly. But a good price and quick delivery.

Let It Snow
Let It Snow
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Let It Snow, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Let It Snow (Kindle Edition)
Read this book in December hoping it would get me in the mood for Christmas. It's a combination of three stories which all interlink around Christmas. I loved it so much, the author's all have similiar writing styles but you can tell who's who. John Green's 'race to the Waffle House' scene nearly made me cry with laughter. I have read all of John Green's books and would recommend them to anyone but reading this also got me interested in the other two authors, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle, and I have downloaded some of their books! The character's are funny and likeable and I may have to make a tradition of reading this book every christmas!

10th Anniversary Concert - Royal Albert Hall
10th Anniversary Concert - Royal Albert Hall
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars RAH, 4 Feb 2014
I was lucky enough to be there when this CD/DVD was filmed and it was an amazing night. Listening to the songs and the cheers from the crowd almost take me back to that night. I've been a McFly fan for 10 years so I don't have anything negative to say. They know how to put on a show and as a band you can't fault them. They can sing exceptionally well and play their own instruments perfectly. Galaxy Defenders Stay Forever!

Palo Alto
Palo Alto
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Palo Alto, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Palo Alto (Kindle Edition)
I read Palo Alto after I had read Actor's Anonymous and I much preferred this one of Franco's novels. I found this had more of a story to it and I just wanted to keep reading. It's gripping and dark with added humour. Franco's writing reminds me of William S. Burroughs 'Naked Lunch', I'm not sure why, I think it was the way the stories kept jumping to different scenes and character's that sometimes you got a little lost. That isn't a negative thing though, I find it keeps it more exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing the film version of this book and would recommend it.

Killing God
Killing God
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Killing God, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Killing God (Kindle Edition)
Since reading Martyn Pig, I have downloaded all of Kevin Brooks books. They are so edgy and gripping. I find some of the subjects a little distrubing and difficult to read but I think that's what make Brooks's books so compelling. I finish his books within a couple of days because I simply can't put them down. Killing God deals with abandonment, sexual abuse, bullying and violence. Dawn holds it altogether very well for someone who had been through so much. Would definitely recommend this book.

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink Beanie Hat (Fuchsia Bobble)
On Wednesdays We Wear Pink Beanie Hat (Fuchsia Bobble)
Offered by TeeIsland
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beanie Hat, 20 Nov 2013
Really bright and comfortable beanie hat with white embroidered 'On Wednesday's We Wear Pink'. A must for Mean Girls fans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20