Profile for Voracious for Books > Reviews

Content by Voracious for ...

Voracious for Books "Voraciousforbooks" (South London, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Campingaz Freez Pack M30 - Size Large
Campingaz Freez Pack M30 - Size Large
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Colemans are in a class of their own, 8 July 2014
Some years ago some relatives stayed with us and left their coleman freezer pack behind. We always meant to send it back to them (honest!) but it worked so well, staying cold when other ice packs were room temperature, that we never got round to it. These do what they say on the tin and more. They are usually still cold when you put them back in the freezer.

Temptation Road
Temptation Road
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Now I understand why it was free, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Temptation Road (Kindle Edition)
The great cover was just meant to lure us in. It certainly did me. This had a lot of potential to be a great story if it had not been written is such a weirdly disjointed and immature manner. I could kind of see what the author was going for, she obviously pictured the book like a film, but the way it came over on paper did not work. I don't understand the many good reviews for this book it was not at all well written. The dialogue was stilted and the characters barely two dimensional.

Destiny (BWWM Interracial Romance Boxed Set)
Destiny (BWWM Interracial Romance Boxed Set)
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars All great stories, 28 Jun 2014
When you buy an anthology, you're always assuming that the book if you're lucky has one good story in it and the rest will be alright but nothing special but they were all really good. I enjoyed them all. I wanted a cowboy of my own after reading the first two especially the second where the cowboy, Jace, managed to be hot, not afraid of showing the vulnerability of his feelings and sexy as hell. If you love interracial romances and enjoy reading about sexy cowboys or bikers, then do go for this boxed set.

Remember When
Remember When
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak, not one of her best 'Grace Draven writing as Annabeth DenBoer', 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Remember When (Kindle Edition)
Sorry. I really wanted to like this and pounced on it, but it was a really tepid story, where they characters part for stupid reasons that could have been resolved with actual communication and then meet up again at her ex fiance's wedding. It's predicable, bland and not anything near as good as the author's usual work. I'm assuming that this is one of her earlier novella's, her writing is now at such a different level that this bears no resemblance to this offering.

Personalised Engraved ABC Money Box Great Christening Birthday or Christmas Gift for Child
Offered by Gift Cookie
Price: 10.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Georgeous and expensive looking, 27 Jun 2014
I knew this would be a great present, but just seeing the box with the engraving made my day. I bought this as a christening gift for my youngest niece. It's weighty and gorgeous. It looks really special which is what you want in a gift. I think it will stand out amongst the gifts little madam will recieve and its something she can actually use which won't just be kept on a shelf to be dusted.
So, result.

Pocket Guide to GastrointestinaI Drugs
Pocket Guide to GastrointestinaI Drugs
by M. Michael Wolfe
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really handy, 27 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Even though I have a copy of the BNF, this goes in detail to explain questions I might have about gastro drugs, not just side effects but in a lot more detail than the BNF. I bought this because I really wanted to be more familiar with the types of drugs used and also gain knowledge about groups of drugs, and their effects. This is a very readable and handy guide.

Einhell GH-EC 2040 2000W Electric Chainsaw with Tool-Free Chain Tensioning
Einhell GH-EC 2040 2000W Electric Chainsaw with Tool-Free Chain Tensioning
Price: 89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for all those unruly shrubs, 27 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not only using this for the mad plantlife in the garden but also because we have open fires and I scavenge wood off skips and pallets for fire wood. This is quite manageable even for someone like me who is usually quite useless around any kind of power tools.

Ever Enough
Ever Enough
Price: 1.83

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak heroine, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Ever Enough (Kindle Edition)
This could have been better, we had to wait too long to find out why Finlay broke up with Emilyn 10 years earlier, and Emilyn was a ridiculously weak character. If falling apart every time life hit her with troubles and trials makes you lovable, then we could all see why she was so worthy of love that Finlay was still in love with her and eager to fight all her battles for her. I wanted her to be less reliant on her best friend Harper and more able to stand on her own too feet. She let Finlay and Harper make her decisions for her when she should have told Finlay off and made it clear that he no longer had the right to interrogate her about her marriage and take charge of her life. She never stood up to him, and let loose all the anger and hurt that she had been carrying around for so long and I got so fed up her constant tears too. Because this is a major character flaw in a main character, this overshadowed what should have been a good story.

Student Survival Skills: Care Skills for Nurses
Student Survival Skills: Care Skills for Nurses
by Claire Boyd
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Handy, 20 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very helpful resourse for 1st and those at the beginning of their 2nd year studies, it might also be handy for those who are prospective students prior to getting into university. It covers stoma care, e.c.g. (something I'm still not accomplished at) nutrition and hydration, infection control and aseptic tecniques, how to perform personal care. Some of the information is quite basic, so it s not for everyone, it would also be very good for reading up on prior to first placement. This book also has study and review sections so that you can test yourself on what you have learned.

Wolf on the Bayou
Wolf on the Bayou
Price: 2.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor editing needs a rewrite, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Wolf on the Bayou (Kindle Edition)
Oh dear! I have to agree with a previous reviewer. I've read quite a few books by this author, she's usually a hit with a few misses which I presume are her earlier novels before she honed her craft. The person who did the editing must not know a word of French, it is quite embarrassing for the word 'Bonjour' to be written without the 'r' at the end (this was done repeatedly) and Merci to be written as 'mesi', Oui is actually spelt 'wi', the rest is so badly spelt that I couldn't even guess what they were actually supposed to be! I found myself cringing at that, I hope the proof reader is now working in another industry (perhaps coal mining). This is a book the author needs to have revised and reissued with the gaping hole in the plot in the book's ending resolved. This isn't one of her best.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20