Profile for Mr. John Gray > Reviews

Content by Mr. John Gray

Mr. John Gray (Derbyshire, UK)

Triton Nirala Bar Mixer Shower (83CCF45)
Triton Nirala Bar Mixer Shower (83CCF45)
Offered by CBM

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made product, 19 Sept. 2013
We bought this shower in August 2012 and had it installed in October 2012. In August 2013 we noticed that the chrome on the riser had become pitted and was starting to come off. We contacted Triton under the so called 5 year guarantee and they said that all 'accessory parts' (meaning those on the outside were only guaranteed for 90 days - they later changed this to a year. No documentation is provided with this to say that. Also the two taps (water on/off and heat mixer) become very loose very often. This may be because there is a very short fat screw fastening them. However, if you do not take off the cap and tighten then straight away the regulator cogs inside slip which means resetting the things. Overall a very poorly made shower and very bad service from Triton.

The Hidden Oasis
The Hidden Oasis

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Letdown, 4 May 2011
This review is from: The Hidden Oasis (Kindle Edition)
I have enjoyed trmendously Paul Sussman's previous book, The Last Secret Of The Temple. I was looking forward to reading this and had set aside time to read it quickly. However, it is a great disappointment. Unlike his previous book, it is full of unnecessary swearing, unnecessary violence and too many coincidences to be believable. Examples of what I mean by coincidences being 'just in the nick of time', 'missed by inches', and countless tales of things happening when 'all is lost'. This is a continuing theme throughout the second half of the book. Also, if the end was not so dire, it would be laughable. Poor and disappointing.

The Righteous Men
The Righteous Men
by Sam Bourne

2.0 out of 5 stars Overlong and Hard To Believe, 14 May 2010
This review is from: The Righteous Men (Paperback)
This book is 100 pages too long. It is full of phrases (or pages) similar to 'No, it can't be, What, tell me, no it's impossible, well are you going to tell me" and on and on. It is a little beyond belief. He is trying to be Dan Brown and fails. To those reviewers who say we should not compare, It Says 'The Biggest Challenger To Dan Brown' on the cover. He is an Englishman trying to be either an American or English when it suits. This book is neither one thing or the other. One for reading by a pool or on a plane if you must.

Acer Aspire 5738Z 15.6 inch Laptop, Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD Vista Home Premium

2.0 out of 5 stars Completely Failed After 3 Weeks, 15 Oct. 2009
I bought this laptop to upgrade my aged Dell. The Dual Core processor and 4GB RAM attracted me along with the VGA output for TV and cardreader. You seemed to get a lot for your money. All went well for a couple of weeks. It was fast and although somewhat slower than I would have expected on multi tasks, handled them quite well. Acer load too much of their own junk. One evening after turning on in the 3rd week, it said that 'Windows Updates Being Installed'. After that, it just would not work. It took about 10 minutes to react to a mouse click, the same to read a cd rom. I tried the recovery disc (you have to make your own - Acer provide no discs at all), but this would not be read. In the end I managed to start it in Safe Mode and reinstalled the factory settings, losing everything I had spent time on transferring from my old machine. Beware that this seems cheap, because it probably uses cheaper hardware. With this experience I would not recommend this laptop.

Morphy Richards 48245 Compact Breadmaker
Morphy Richards 48245 Compact Breadmaker

3.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, 5 Aug. 2009
This is a basic Breadmaker at a cheap price. It does the job, but I wish I had paid more to get a better one. It makes two sizes of loaf. The small size is quite good, but even on the light crust setting, the crust is quite well done. The large loaf seemed stodgy and solid. An annoyance is the detachable paddle which gets buried in the loaf when it is removed from the pan. You cannot get it out with a knife for fear of scratching, and to scoop it out with a spoon leaves a large gaping hole. However, it cooks a large variety of breads and does what it says. The controls are good and it looks nice. If you want a basic breadmaker at a good price, this is ok, but if you cook bread regularly and want a good loaf, I would pay a bit more and get a different one.