Profile for M. Healy > Reviews

Content by M. Healy

M. Healy "mAttthhheaLy" (Glasgow, Scotland)

The Chumscrubber [DVD]
The Chumscrubber [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Bell
Offered by Walk in the Park Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah!, 13 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The Chumscrubber [DVD] (DVD)
So, a lot of previous reviews seem to be saying things like "Oh wow, yet another film about upper class Americans etc etc overmedicated etc etc". This seems, to me at least, incredibly stupid. It's almost as if the film is being attacked for choosing that specific subject matter rather than any great fault with the movie itself.

I watched this after seeing Bell's performance in (the phenomenal) Hallam Foe and seriously enjoyed it. The cast play their parts perfectly with both Bell and Ralph Fiennes being particularly great. The plot is brilliantly paced, with the characters developing well over the course of the film.

The only problem I had with Chumscrubber was the ending, which seemed a bit out of place and too happy considering the tone of the rest of the film.

However, that aside, I loved this movie and while I'm sure people will disagree with my opinions I don't really care because this is my review and not theirs!