Profile for N. Carmichael > Reviews

N. Carmichael (europe)

Catit Design Fresh and Clear Drinking Fountain, 3 Litre
Catit Design Fresh and Clear Drinking Fountain, 3 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Cat, 2 Mar 2013
Not an instant success- for a couple of weeks the cat gave it a very wide birth, but now he's used to it he uses it very happily. Easy to set up and clean, so I like it too.

Dualit 2 Slice Soft Touch Toaster Cream 25072
Dualit 2 Slice Soft Touch Toaster Cream 25072

2.0 out of 5 stars A short lived less than wonder, 24 Mar 2008
A million thanks to the first reviewer here who has just saved me from sending my toaster off for an apparently impossible repair. I bought this because I loved the style and colour and I wanted a good toaster and it was Dualit which I thoughy would go on for ever with the occaisional new element. For about 18 months it's made OK toast. Not brilliantly, and the adjustment was always hit and miss.
Today there was a loud pop and a flash as it heated up, it blew the fuse for all my sockets and is now history- the shortest lived toaster I've ever had. I went full of confidence to the Dualit website to order spares- but not for this model. I think as Dualit's reputation is built on longevity it should clearly label products designed for short life- I feel let down.

Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
by Delia Smith
Price: 16.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Never mind the quality, how much does it cost, 17 Feb 2008
I have enough money to buy good ingredients now. I didnt always-and I managed to eat cheaply, healthily and still keep my sense of humanity and self respect. I think its a great shame Delia feels there has to be a trade of, and is prepared to promote poor quality on the grounds that "poor" people need it. How patronising of her. And along with most household cooks, I am well used to cheating and quite capable of finding my own, good quality and economic ingredients. I certainly wouldnt pay for advice from someone who doesn't care about how my food is produced, or what the raw ingredients taste like. What a big disappointment this is.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2008 9:16 PM GMT