ARRAY(0xaafdef9c)

Profile for Anthony Stein > Reviews

Content by Anthony Stein

Anthony Stein "Tony27nine" (England)

Saw 1-7: The Final Cut Collection [DVD]
Saw 1-7: The Final Cut Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karen Cliche
Price: 39.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish, 31 Mar 2013
If you like gore fair enough but you have to suspend disbelief to new levels to watch these movies. Victims that never remember that doors always shut and lock behind them .... Seriously?! Bizarre excuses given to victims to suggest that ty can't simply stick an axe through their tormentors head and then use any number of bit and pieces to stop the hammers hitting shotgun shells placed around their neck.... They can't because.... Oh, that's right, thy can but that ruins the story so the victims play along.
It's just unwatchable.
If you want seriously well made gory horror watch tarantino but don't blow your cash on this.
To be honest, if you really want it you can have mine. I've got to half way through the third and all I can think is that's 4 hours of my life I'll never get back!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2013 4:56 PM BST

Ryobi 30Cc Touch Start Line Trimmer
Ryobi 30Cc Touch Start Line Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin...., 16 Oct 2011
I've bought a few Ryobi tools over the years and always been happy so when I needed a good brushcutter looked straight to them. As with any power tool it needs you to read and understand the instructions. Once properly will suffice.
I was tempted by lighter machines but figured I could live with the extra weight (gardening can be a useful work-out too and I hate the gym!).
It is exactly what you'd expect. Keep the battery charged and it'll be there when you need it. Because of the battery it's heavier than others but I knew that when I got it. The strap is a little narrow for the weight so after a long spell it can be a bit uncomfortable but thats the only minus.
So far used the machine with the brushcutter, the push-pull line head and the auto feed spool head. All worked very well.

No Country For Old Men [DVD]
No Country For Old Men [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tommy Lee Jones
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 3.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Pants, 4 Jun 2010
This review is from: No Country For Old Men [DVD] (DVD)
2hours of my life I'll never get back.
Shame nobody could be bothered to think about an ending.
Don't waste your life buy something by Tarantino
Only gave it one star because it wouldn't let me leave it with no stars....

Archos 5 120GB Internet Media Tablet WiFi  5", High Resolution Touch Screen 800x480 pixels, Convenient Leg Stand
Archos 5 120GB Internet Media Tablet WiFi 5", High Resolution Touch Screen 800x480 pixels, Convenient Leg Stand

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect too much - nice package - pants software, 9 Mar 2010
I received my Archos 5 today and have a short period of time only to play with it so maybe this isn't entirely fair however.....
Let me say when I opened the box I was stunned. It looks great, feels great and when it first comes to life I got really excited then it all started to go horribly wrong.
If you've been lucky enough to own or use an iPhone then you'll be dismally disappointed if you bought this product to use the internet. The interface is soooo slow. The screen resolution not brilliant. The main screen has an internet button. Press it and, if you're lucky it will take you to your home page, mostly it starts the whole slow process of looking for the internet connection - despite you having been using it just minutes ago. Click on Google and type in an address - the usual drop down box with suggestions appears but it's mostly hidden by the keyboard, click to make the keyboard vanish and so does the drop down box with the suggestions. AAAAgh! I tried to log onto a website I use a lot. When I finally got there I thought I'd bookmark the page - clicked "menu" and "favourites" and up pops a pre-populated list of someone else's favourites - could I find how to bookmark? The site I use has a remember me box on the log-in page, trouble is that the box was tiny and the touch screen so vague that it took several attempts to hit the box.
I found myself pinching the screen to maximise / minimize as I would with the iPhone but of course that doesn't work on this piece of kit.
OK so let's try music. I whizzed onto Media Club then Music and ....oh yes, lets look for that wifi network again shall we..... Finally I get to a free music site and download an album. Great. Except the speakers on this are absolutely terrible - you will need to use headphones or you'll be put off music for life.
Sorry to be negative and apologies if you aren't a fan of Apple gear but seriously - go buy an iPhone or, better still an iPad.
Overall the screen is beautiful but the software feels like technology from 15 years ago. Far from intuitive. It puts me in mind of my first Sagem or Psion.
Thankfully I bought this to record video and nothing else. Apparently it's great at that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2010 9:55 PM GMT

Pandora's Star (Commonwealth Saga)
Pandora's Star (Commonwealth Saga)
by Peter F. Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Sci-Fi at it's very best, 29 Nov 2006
In my younger days I was an avid sci-fi fan devouring everything that I could get my hands on. Twenty years on I decided to re-visit the genre and after many disappointments happened on Pandora's Star. Don't be put off by the size of this book - I found myself so enthralled that as I neared the end I was getting quite depressed at the thought of finishing but still couldn't put it down. A superb story, fantastic plot-lines, wonderous worlds and amazing technology. The action involves dozens of characters across the galaxy I never once lost the thread of any of the sub-plots so well is the story constructed. Of all the good things I could say the best is.....there is a sequel!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2012 2:26 PM GMT