Profile for Jez Mangley > Reviews

Content by Jez Mangley

Jez Mangley "Jez Mangley" (Southport, England)

Born to Run: The Hidden Tribe, the Ultra-Runners, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
by Christopher McDougall

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, 1 Feb 2011
I've not finished reading this yet, but I think this is a fantastic book.
I like running, although no where near the standards of the runners in this book. This story is really motivating and just makes me want to go out running.
It's got great information on how you should run, what foot ware is best and what attitude to have.
There's probably much more to learn, but I haven't finished reading it yet.

If you have the slightest interest in running, read this book. If nothing else, it's a good story and you'll want to know what happens next.

Secret Santa [DVD] [2007]
Secret Santa [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ D.L. Green
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure this a joke film, it can't be real., 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: Secret Santa [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I like Christmas films, but this just isn't one. I don't know the whole story as, although I've tried to watch it a few times, I always fall asleep or switch it off.

Possibly the worst Christmas film ever.

Two Hands [DVD] [2007]
Two Hands [DVD] [2007]
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Gangster Comedy!, 3 Oct 2010
This review is from: Two Hands [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I love this film. I watched it a few years ago on late night TV and remember laughing a lot, but I forgot the name of it. I recently found it again and bought the DVD.

It tells the story of Jimmy who gets in trouble with local gangsters. The goodies drive Holdens, the baddies drive Fords. It's a good story, will Jimmy be killed, will he get the girl and who's the dead guy who looks like him?

Most of all though, you'll be laughing when the bank robber knocks himself unconscious during the job and when the baby pulls the trigger on the shot gun and the guy who left his bullets in his jeans when they went through the wash.

Definitely worth watching.

Glengarry Glen Ross [DVD] [1992]
Glengarry Glen Ross [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Al Pacino
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars True to Life Direct Sales, 18 Aug 2010
I like this film, I needed to watch it more than once to understand all that went on, there's various stories happening similtaneously.

A couple of people had recommended it to me as I had recently been involved with a direct sales organisation. The film is very close to reality from what I can see, I don't think real estate is sold in the UK in the same way, but kitchens and windows, it's the same techniques.

There's no car chases, no violence, no sex, no scenic views, but there's great diologue, a good story and great actors.

2012 - Doomsday [DVD] [2008]
2012 - Doomsday [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Cliff De Young
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd read the reviews before I bought it :-), 8 Mar 2010
This review is from: 2012 - Doomsday [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I can't add much to the existing reviews. There wasn't much of a story, the only surprises were how bad the effects and acting were.

The film appears to be trying to make a serious point about religion, but I don't understand what is was.

When you see the opening scenes and the smoking volcano, you'll have a good idea of what you're in for, when you see the snow, you'll be laughing or crying.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2010 12:55 PM BST

Liquid Millionaire: How to Make Millions from the Up and Coming Stock Market Boom
by Stephen Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars A Logical Way to Make Your Money Grow., 19 Feb 2010
I found this really logical. Stephen Sutherland explains how you can, substantially, beat the market. He shows charts and explains how the market works and it all makes sense.

If you would like to make your money grow by investing in the Stock Market I think this book would be a great place to start.

The gist of it is that the market follows trends, if you can learn how to follow the trends you can get in and out at the right times. Obviously, if you are going to move in an out of the market you need to do this in a cost effective manner and this is explained too. In addition to this, he also explains how to do all this tax free and that's important!

Fake: Forgery, Lies & eBay: Confessions of an Internet Con Artist
Fake: Forgery, Lies & eBay: Confessions of an Internet Con Artist
by Kenneth Walton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating True Story.., 19 Feb 2010
This was a present that turned out to be facinating. You'll learn some history about eBay as well as scams and art forgery. I really enjoyed reading the book and would recommend to anyone.

Tough Guy: A Memoir by Louis Ferrante
Tough Guy: A Memoir by Louis Ferrante
by Louis Ferrante

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll find it to put this book down., 19 Feb 2010
This is a true story and gives a great insight in to the gangster mentality and prison life in the States. It's a great story, written well, that you'll find hard to put down.

How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling
How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling
by Frank Bettger

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 3 July 2006
This is a great book that I've read a number of times over the past 10 years. I'm buying it for a colleague who needs a bit of help. Anyone, even remotely, involved in sales should read this book.