Profile for Fran_ad > Reviews

Microsoft Surface 2 WI-FI 64GB P4W-00004 Nvidia® 64 GB 2048 MB 10.6 -inch LCD
Microsoft Surface 2 WI-FI 64GB P4W-00004 Nvidia® 64 GB 2048 MB 10.6 -inch LCD
Offered by TECHNIK TRADE UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money and a superb device!, 9 Jan. 2015
A truly amazing bit of kit! I received this as a birthday present last year and I have to say it's very worth every penny. I barely use my desktop PC at home any more. Initially I was a little sceptical about the Windows RT operating system, but in actual fact it stops me from filling my beautiful Surface with rubbish! You cannot run any executable files on this tablet but for security reasons I see that as a plus. It's for personal use so I don't really need any third party software on it. I get most things I need through the Windows App Store which is getting bigger every day.

The device itself is seamless, it runs surprisingly fast with slight lags now and again but nothing much to write home about! It has frozen a couple of times but nothing a quick restart won't cure and certainly nothing worth complaining about! It boots up very fast and syncs seamlessly with my Microsoft account including my Contacts, OneDrive etc. I also have a Windows 8 phone so it automatically backs up my photos from the phone to the tablet via OneDrive (whilst connected to WiFi!) which is very useful. It takes a little bit of getting used to the new windows 8 GUI but it doesn't take long before you're zipping between the tiles and going from desktop back to the tablet screen. The touch screen is good but it can lag occasionally, but not really too much of a problem.

Another tick in the box for me is that the Surface 2 comes with a full version off Microsoft Office (You may need to download and install it like I had to!) which is amazing value in itself. This includes Word, Excel, Outlook and One Note - the usual suspects! All in all I'm thrilled with my device and use it pretty much most of the time! I would recommend a screen protector and case even though the salesman assured us that it is very durable and demonstrated by dropping it on the counter from a low height! It remained intact! Needless to say though I couldn't bare the thought of my gorgeous new device being let loose into my clumsy hands without some sort of protection!! So I purchased a case and screen protector both of which finish off my Surface!

The only "downside" I can really think of is that you have to buy the keyboard separately which is another £100 odd added to the price but I think it's worth the extra money. Initially I bought the Touch Cover as I thought I wouldn't really be doing much typing but seeing as I use this as my main device at home now I found the Touch Cover a little irritating as there is no feedback from the keys. So I purchased a Type Cover which is a significant improvement and my typing fingers are happy again!

In conclusion I am a very happy bunny with my device and we actually got mine from a high street retailer who had an offer on them last year, otherwise I'm sure it would have been an Amazon purchase.

3x Vikuiti MySafeDisplay Screen Protector DQCT130 from 3M for Nokia Lumia 735 (Crystal-clear, Hard-coated, Dirt-repellent, Easily mountable, Easily removable)
Offered by protectionfilms24-com

3.0 out of 5 stars A little small but good quality., 19 Dec. 2014
Good quality but doesn't fit the screen exactly, they are a little narrow which I find a little annoying! Maybe it's my OCD that likes things to fit exactly. But so far they have held up well to daily use, so maybe I can forgive the small indiscretion!! Good for the price though.

Genuine Wansview wireless IP camera network with Pan & Tilt,Night Vision,2 Way Audio,Black, Built-in Microphone With Phone remote monitoring
Offered by COOLEAD

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price!, 19 Dec. 2014
What can I say? This truly is a remarkable piece of kit and at this price it's a bit of a steal! It was a little tricky to set up initially but I installed the software and plugged the camera directly into my router to set it up (with a little bit of playing around!). Then once it was set up and the wireless network was set up it ran like a dream! I brought this camera to keep an eye on my house whilst I was away on holiday and I have to say it did not disappoint. The quality isn't the best but it's good enough for keeping an eye in things! I will be purchasing a couple more of these for myself and also for my mother who was impressed that I could access the cameras over the internet from India. She wants some for her house as well now. I have not wall mounted the camera as yet as I was in a rush to set it up but will get round to doing that at some point to get a better all round view of the room. If you want a low budget way of keeping an eye on your house whilst you are away then I cannot recommend these enough. The pan and tilt motion works really well and the infra red is very good. Overall I'm very impressed with this device.

ONX3® Nokia Lumia 735 S Line Grip Series Hydro Wave Gel Case Skin Cover + LCD Screen Protector Guard - Various Colours (Blue)
Offered by ONX3

4.0 out of 5 stars Case good ... screen hmmm!!, 13 Nov. 2014
The case is good, it fits the phone very well and offers good protection. The screen protector isn't the best to be honest but for the price you can't go wrong. Will probably be purchasing a different screen protector though. Seller was very good though I have to say as the first delivery didn't turn up. After a quick email a replacement was sent out straight away. Excellent service and fast response.

Kingston Technology 64GB microSDXC Class 10 Flash Card with SD card adapter
Kingston Technology 64GB microSDXC Class 10 Flash Card with SD card adapter
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent products! Use them in various devices without any ..., 5 Nov. 2014
Excellent products! Use them in various devices without any issues. Would highly recommend. Even used them in my DSLR camera and didn't suffer any performance loss.

MaxiNutrition Promax Recover and Rebuild Bars - Chocolate, 60 g, Box of 12
MaxiNutrition Promax Recover and Rebuild Bars - Chocolate, 60 g, Box of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price for these, 3 Nov. 2014
Excellent price for these! Have been using these for a couple of years now and they're an excellent snack and super value at this price. Highly recommend.

Nokia Lumia 735 360° Degrees Mini Windscreen Car Mount Holder Cradle BY SHUKAN
Nokia Lumia 735 360° Degrees Mini Windscreen Car Mount Holder Cradle BY SHUKAN
Offered by Shukan

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good! Was a little dubious I have to say ..., 3 Nov. 2014
So far so good! Was a little dubious I have to say because of the price BUT I must admit it's actually very good! Certainly a lot better than my previous one which was bought for considerably more from a high street retailer. Does what it says on the tin and at a fraction of the cost of most others! Very happy punter :)

EasyAcc Nexus 7 Case Smart Cover with Stand Auto sleep Wake up for GOOGLE Nexus 7 Tablet 8 / 16 / 32GB (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case! Highly recommend., 3 July 2014
Excellent case at an excellent price! Fits the Nexus perfectly and the auto sleep/wake function works a treat! Doesn't make the tablet too cumbersome and offers excellent protection. The magnetic closures making sure the case doesn't fall open all the time works really well. Also double as a kick stand for watching YouTube or movies which is an added bonus and is a function I use a lot. Would recommend and would purchase again! I've actually had mine over a year now and still looks good, hasn't really degraded much over the year with use or wear!

3-Pack MiniSuit HD Screen Protector for Microsoft Surface RT Tablet (Ultra Clear HD)
Offered by MiniSuit

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable price and good but a pain to fit!!, 3 July 2014
Good screen protectors but they're not an exact fit to the screen which makes lining up the camera and sensors to the hole in the protector a little laborious. So much so I ended up wasting the first one because I had to keep removing several times which enabled the protector to gather a lot of dust underneath which then resulted in a very bubbly screen :( So! second time lucky, after working out very quickly to locate the protector around the camera and sensors first and then adding to the rest of the screen, I got a near perfect finish (just a very small bubble but I can live with that!) Here's hoping that someone one day invents a non-bubbling screen protector that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and repels any kind of dirt or dust when trying to apply the blessed things!!! But after all is said and done these protectors were very reasonably priced and even though one was wasted I still have a further spare one :)

Minisuit Classic Stand Case for Microsoft Surface RT / 2
Minisuit Classic Stand Case for Microsoft Surface RT / 2
Offered by MiniSuit

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case but a little bulky!, 3 July 2014
Fits Surface very snugly and the elastic closure is a nice touch. You can use the case with or without the keyboard as stated, which is very useful. I have to say for the money it's a very good, strong case perfect for the Surface. The only downside I have to say is that it makes the tablet very bulky and quite heavy. But I would take bulky over a non-protected tablet any day so if you're looking for a budget case which offers excellent protection then this is the case for you. But if you want a slimline case which offers protection but leaves the slimness of the tablet, then an alternative case may be recommended. But saying that I am very happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6