Profile for Jay Langley > Reviews

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1: Cosmic Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1: Cosmic Avengers
by Brian M Bendis

4.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic story by Brian Michael Bendis, 23 July 2014
What a fantastic story by Brian Michael Bendis! This really is a return to form for one of Marvels most talented writers.

His work on Ultimate Spiderman has been great, but this, for me, is something special.

The art work for this book is great, and the characters work extremely well together. Rocket Racoon, as always, steals the lime light with his incredible wit and one liners. The implementation of Tony Stark in this volume works wonders - in my opinion. His presence helps anchor the story whilst the Guardians of the Galaxy steadily develop around him.

I will not give too much away but the fight scene in London was fantastic. And being British myself it was nice hear the mention of Captain Britain (even if it was slightly slanderous).

All in all this work so well because it doesn't take itself to seriously, which is what I love about it!!!!!

Great writing by Bendis, great art, and I just ordered volume 2.

4 out of 5 stars.

Batman: Batman and Son TP (New Edition)
Batman: Batman and Son TP (New Edition)
by Andy Kubert

3.0 out of 5 stars The first part of this book - Batman and Son - is fantastic work. Great clarity in the writing, 21 July 2014
Grant Morrison is a talented man.

The first part of this book - Batman and Son - is fantastic work. Great clarity in the writing, and a fantastic piece of art work.

Batman and the Black Glove, however, Is far to complicated and pointlessly weaves to many storylines into one book for my liking.

I have ordered the next volume - Batman RIP - and I am prepared to give it a whirl.

I just hope this Grant Morrison run picks up at this point leading to Batman and Robin.

3 out of 5.

However,

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money man, 21 July 2014
Left my hair looking greasy!!!!

Waste of money man.

Sex Criminals Volume 1 TP
Sex Criminals Volume 1 TP
by Matt Fraction

5.0 out of 5 stars I truly loved this book, 21 July 2014
I truly loved this book!

I have been a fan of Matt Fraction for quite some time, but for me this is his best work to date.

Witty, original, fantastic character development, and a truly unique interpretation of the ability to stop time.

I wont give to much away, but everyone interested in graphic novels should be reading this book and enjoying cumworld :p

Whey.....!

Black Science Volume 1 TP
Black Science Volume 1 TP
by Rick Remender

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a great great book, 21 July 2014
Fantastic Book! I felt like a break from my normal Marvel and DC comic book pulls, and this really fits the bill.
The art work is fantastic, the story is fast paced and intriguing, and the worlds they have created within the different 'Onion Dimensions' are stunning.

I will be looking forward to volume 2.

For me...this is the best image book in the last few years GET IT!!!!!!!!!