Profile for Reedy > Reviews

Content by Reedy

Reedy "book worm" (Bucks)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Razor E300 Electric Scooter - Matt Grey
Razor E300 Electric Scooter - Matt Grey
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased to find one at £209 and been looking at ..., 22 Feb. 2015
We purchased a Razor 300 from Costco back in November for our 13 year old son - it's such a hit that our 15 year old wanted one, alas with the case of Costco all were gone when we went back a week later - gutted as we only paid £140! Really pleased to find one at £209 and been looking at £289 -£360. Hoping it arrives by the 14 th March

The Wolfman (2010) - Extended Cut [DVD]
The Wolfman (2010) - Extended Cut [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emily Blunt
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear, 30 years on and American Werewolf In London Is Still The Best!, 4 July 2011
I love a B movie, and what with the hollywood greats that star in this film I was expecting big things! It was one of the most painful films I have ever watched - hang on there was another really bad film about a werewolf with Jack Nicolson. The special effects of the wolf changing was cringing (please see my title) it reminded me of the special effects in Teen Wolf. The inconsistancies are plenty an example is one moment the wolfman is so fast all you can see is blood and guts (looked more like a pound of sausages)and then later on in the film there is a chase where the mad villagers almost catch up with him.

I saw this at the cinema, and would never recommend that anyone watches it on DVD - total waste of money. Still the best ever werewolf film has to be American Werewolf in London, followed by Dog Solders.

This film was so bad, that you could not even laugh at it.

Design Concept Car RC
Design Concept Car RC

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Wonder On Christmas Morning!, 10 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Design Concept Car RC (Toy)
This toy was everything that the supplier promised! It was hard but not too hard that my 10 year old son did not give up, he loves it, once he had the fun of making it, lots of fun was had driving it using the easy to use remote control.

Excellent, would recommend to all (except the under 4s!)

Gallery Girl
Gallery Girl
by Wendy Holden

1.0 out of 5 stars Unflattering Picture!, 18 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Gallery Girl (Paperback)
I have read all of Wendy Holdens books, and have enjoyed everyone of them, and have re-read them a couple of times over, but this is one that I will not read again, it will be donated to my local library and not kept in my bookshelf. There are too many charactures, not enough insight into them, too much going on and it just feels rushed, although the book is long almost 500 pages you are left at the end feeling that you have given several hours, to have it all rushed and supposedly tied up in two pages. Over all I was really disappointed with this book. Sorry Wendy, still love the other books though!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Bond - Mean, Moody and Out For Revenge., 17 Jan. 2009
I have to say that I am a huge Bond film, the only one I did not not like was Die Another Day. Casino Royale is joint first with On Her Magisties Service. This is a sequel, not your normal Bond film at all, it is fast paced, violent, and stunningly shot, one of my favorite parts is the chase/horse racing - wow! Vintage Bond!

I have to confess, I understood more after seeing it a second time I was not distracted with the action and could pick up on the jumping plot. (Some people have commented that they were confused, so watch it again and you will understand.) It is a visual feast, fast pased and although not quite as fantastic as CR it is still a very good film in which we really seen Bond in a different light - wonderful.

Daniel Craig IS Bond, who cares if he is not over 6ft, who can you tell on the big screen, he has proved again that he is the right choice and I hope that the doubting thomases have finally shut up. A truely modern Bond, and I think that Bond is still better than Bourne!

Private Members
Private Members
by Leonie Fox

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly A Terrible Read, 11 July 2008
This review is from: Private Members (Paperback)
Gosh, where to start - first off, don't buy it, it is a truly terrible read, the characters are neither likeable, real life or even funny. I struggled to finish this book, it took me quite a while, it was not at all well written, and I was bored with it, it had all been done before but far far better. Please save your money and buy another book. If you like Jackie Collins don't look to this book as a substitute. Jilly Cooper you really have nothing to worry about, this book is just not up to scratch.

The Golden Compass [DVD] [2007]
The Golden Compass [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Childrens Film which the whole family will enjoy!, 5 April 2008
You have to remember this is a CHILDRENS FILM. Yes it could have been better, but then it would have been a 15 rated film as it would have been to scary for the children that it was aimed at. The acting is great, there is excitment, so much that my 6 year old and 7 year old where on the edge of their seats (yes really!) The special effects are not to be sniffed at, a lot better than some of the recent offerings that have recently been out.
I have to confess, when I read the reviews it sounded a lot scarier and not suitable for children, the film distributors realised this and did some speedy editing (I would imagine)so I would love to have seen the version that the newspaper reviewers all saw, prior to the editing and the change of age rating.
Still enjoyable fun, if you loved Harry Potter you will love this one, and I hope that they make the next installment!

Portrait of a Valley: The Hambleden Valley in Photographs
Portrait of a Valley: The Hambleden Valley in Photographs
by Caroline Hyman

5.0 out of 5 stars My Life In Photos!, 21 Mar. 2008
Having been born and raised in Hambleden, it is wonderful to see the people and the valley that I know and love in a book. The pictures are truly beautiful, although they are all black and white, it proves that you do not need colour to show life and vitality. Caroline is truly an artist. Even if you have never visited this fantastic part of the british countryside this is a brilliant book, well worth buying, and you too will get to know these people and the valley!

Holy Smokes: An Aisling Grey, Guardian, Novel
Holy Smokes: An Aisling Grey, Guardian, Novel
by Katie MacAlister
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Smokin like the others....., 23 Feb. 2008
This does not really have the excitment that the previous books have, we need something more from this couple, one dragon one all powerful but too dim to work out what she is. We need Aisling to stop being a clumsey herion, she needs to start doing her homework as all the blundering about that she does is becoming boring. The fire has left the stories, how many more times will they split? Is she or isnt she? (I wont say anymore on that!) and is it just me or is this mate business with the blue dragon getting really confusing and a bit made up on the spur of the moment?

And what is going on with the silver dragons????? Please stop trying to keep us guessing, give us information and make it enjoyable to read again.

By the way, love Jim, not sure on the taxi man (cannot remember his name) his part has seemed to have gotten bigger but not sure how!

Anything Goes: The Autobiography
Anything Goes: The Autobiography
by John Barrowman with Carole E. Barrowman

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 23 Feb. 2008
I read this book and found it extemely enjoyable, it is light hearted, apparently honest, kind and not at all extremist. While famous names are mentioned, who would want to read a book about a famous person with out hearing about other famous people?? Please do not buy this if you are expecting a kiss and tell bitchy book, it is lovely! I read it and it has left me feeling that if I bumped into John and Scot in the high street that I would expect them to know me as well as I have been left feeling I know them! I would have liked to know more about John's feelings about being gay and how it has affected his choices in life. I got the impression that it was not a big deal and he never came across any preducdices, could this really be the case? His family sound fantastic, and really understanding and non judgemental - how many other poeple - straight or gay, can say that their family have been as supportive as John's?

John you truly come across as a great guy, open, up front and honest. I wonder how many people finish this book feeling jealous of Scott?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6