Profile for Flyinthejar > Reviews

Flyinthejar

Honeydew
Honeydew
by Edith Pearlman

5.0 out of 5 stars was amazing and kept me reading long after 'lights out' time, 22 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Honeydew (Paperback)
I really prefer long novels but Honeydew, full of short stories, was amazing and kept me reading long after 'lights out' time! I am presently reading Binocular Vision, another Pearlman collection of short stories and am enjoying it so so much. I love the imagination and twists that Edith Pearlman can put into the everyday lives of people and with little connections here and there between some stories. I am looking forward to reading more of her work.

Arthur & George [DVD] [2014]
Arthur & George [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Martin Clunes
Offered by Leisurezone

3.0 out of 5 stars read the book before youwatch the film, 11 July 2015
This review is from: Arthur & George [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Having read the book, I feel the dvd could be a bit puzzling to anyone who did not already know the background of the story. Indeed this problem, in my opinion,can be found in many dvds that are based on storylines of books.Advice; read the book before you watch the film,otherwise you could be left with the question, 'what was all that about'?

The King's Curse (COUSINS' WAR)
The King's Curse (COUSINS' WAR)
by Philippa Gregory

2.0 out of 5 stars ... have read all of Philippa Gregorys Tudor series and enjoyed most of them, 11 July 2015
I am sure that I have read all of Philippa Gregorys Tudor series and enjoyed most of them. This book however was such a total dissapointment,the history was there but,the story has more padding than you would find in a good king size matress! Too many more or less minor details are repeated too often. After reading The King's Curse, I feel a bit 'Tudored out', if there is another book to be written in this series it would require 5stars plus before it would tempt me to purchase it!!

Meadow Rhodium Plated Swaroski Crystal Multi Coloured Flowers Brooch
Meadow Rhodium Plated Swaroski Crystal Multi Coloured Flowers Brooch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift!, 20 Aug. 2013
I am keeping it to use as a gift but I may just keep it for myself. It is great value and looks expensive!

The Battle for Cork: July-August 1922 (Military History of the Irish Civil War Series)
by John Borgonovo

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment !, 20 Aug. 2013
Sorry to say it did not fulfil my expectations. For such a thin book it dwelt far too long in Passage West and very little time in Cork City. As a native of Cork City, I want to know more of its history but this book did not help to expand very much on facts that I am already familiar with.

Glamorousky Purple Flower Brooch with Silver Austrian Element Crystal and Purple CZ (4944)
Offered by Glamorousky

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic !, 5 Aug. 2013
This year , I hate to say it , I'm buying earlier for Christmas, spreading the cost so to speak. I saw Glamorousky jewellery and thought they were good value and would make great gifts. So I ordered this 'Purple Flower 'brooch,when it arrived it was so much better than my expectations, it looks expensive, and better looking than most costume jewellery .I will certainly buy more in this range ,this year it's Glamorousky for my gifts !

The Vintage Teacup Club
The Vintage Teacup Club
by Vanessa Greene

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful ! Warm glow book., 5 Aug. 2013
Loved this book, this is about three women who become great friends.Quite ordinary one might say but ,its not the story ,it's the telling that gives it a feel good ,warm glow quality.Could not put it down and was so sorry it could not go on and on,it deserves to have a part two !

Meadow Rhodium Plated Swarovski Crystal Pink Fancy Brooch
Meadow Rhodium Plated Swarovski Crystal Pink Fancy Brooch

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift !, 5 Aug. 2013
As I am starting to buy earlier for Christmas gifts this year, I saw this cute brooch and thought it would make a good gift.When it arrived however it was better than cute and will make a perfect gift for one of my friends! Must say it is great value and I will buy more in this range.

Spanish: Stage 2 (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)
Spanish: Stage 2 (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)
by Ronan Fitzsimons
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to listen to ,well presented and well paced ., 26 Feb. 2013
I found that I could listen to these C D ,s while doing other tasks ,making the learning quite painless .

Genuine 925 Sterling Silver finish black drop charm with black enamel and white diamantes for your sabo bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, 20 Aug. 2012
Received jet Sabo bracelet as gift I loved it but thought it lacked something. I looked in Amazon jewellery and found a wonderful selection of Sabo charms!It was very hard to choose but I finally selected the this one in black enamel with silver cage and diamante,it looks fab on my bracelet,its just PERFECT!