Profile for P. Wagg > Reviews

Content by P. Wagg

P. Wagg "wonderfulwaggy" (Derby UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Berghaus Men's Deluge Waterproof Overtrousers - Black - XX-Large, 31 Inch Leg Length
Price: 27.64

5.0 out of 5 stars everything proof, 10 Mar 2013
freezing cold day, mud everywhere, boots, dog, so much mud it worked its way up the overtrousers. dog got clean in the river - his choice, trousers and boots got the hosepipe treatment, no leaks, clean in 2 minutes. brilliant thanks

Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White
Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 4 Mar 2013
UPDATE - found a connector at last - bought it from amazon
Grom iPod iPhone Dock Female End to 3.5 mm Male AUX Extension Cable

This is a great device, cannot be beaten in my opinion, i connect it via bluetooth to samsung speaker, I listen to it all day long via earphones, I update via wifi, or usb to mini usb - it really is good. Buut it does have a downside. I have an male apple connector in my car, to which I used to connect my ipod to the cars audio system, but can I connect it to the car via blutooth as I can my phone? NO. Can I cannect it to the ipod dock?. NO. Can one buy a cable to connect either the mini usb or headphone socket to an IPOD dock? Don't be stupid, of course you can't. Frustrated. I can get jackplug at one end of a cable to a male IPOD connector, or a male mini usb to a male IPOD connector. Of course what I want is a female IPOD connector. No-one makes them!

Dry Dog Bag Size 4 (18" Neck)
Dry Dog Bag Size 4 (18" Neck)
Offered by Pets Direct
Price: 18.49

3.0 out of 5 stars get the bigger size, 12 Feb 2013
Seems to work ok, but perhaps I should have got the next size up. I followed the instructions on neck size but my spaniel/collie cross only just fits into it. Am also disapointed to find the the price is 4.50 less when I come to type in this review, the day after it arrived. So now i feel cheated twice.

No Night Is Too Long [2006] (region 2 import, plays in English)
No Night Is Too Long [2006] (region 2 import, plays in English)
Dvd ~ Lee Williams
Offered by mecodu-uk
Price: 7.62

5.0 out of 5 stars I won't be re-selling this one - fantastic, 17 Jan 2013
I obviously missed this if it were ever transmitted on the BBC, but after reading the book which was recommended by a friend, I just had to see the film. I was a bit reluctant to buy, it being a region 2 import, as I didn't understand what that meant (it means it is a UK/European DVD). Luckily, it plays in english, but produced for the German market.

I knew it was a good story, and expected the film to be much less than the book as they often are, BUT THIS FILM IS SUPERB, straight into my top 10, maybe top 3.
If anyone from the BBC reads this, please just get it back on the schedule, after all you made it. I have seen many OSCAR winning films, but few are as good as this. Script, acting, supporting actors, music, scenery. If it were an hollywood film it would have taken the board.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2013 6:00 PM BST

Navy Snow Boots UKD Size 12
Navy Snow Boots UKD Size 12
Offered by Retail Therapy Boutique
Price: 34.99

2.0 out of 5 stars linings wear too quickly, 29 Dec 2012
only had these a couple of months, not used that often either, taking the dog "over the green" for a pee etc. Already the linings have worn out, can I get new ones? with the linings removed, the boots have no insoles, so your heel rests on a box system, it is this box system that has destroyed the linings have it has cut through them with the heel pressure. also seen similar ones on groupon for 15 or less.

Le Quattro Volte [DVD]
Le Quattro Volte [DVD]
Dvd ~ Giuseppe Fuda
Price: 15.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Le Quattro Volte, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Le Quattro Volte [DVD] (DVD)
The most exciting part of this film was a goat standing on a kitchen table. I can only describe this film in the terms of the stuff that goats excrete. If goats excite you, you've found the film of your dreams. I have a recipe for Jamaican curried goat somewhere.

Gillespie and I
Gillespie and I
by Jane Harris
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The dog is glad I've finished it, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Gillespie and I (Hardcover)
Jane Harris takes her time to build up her characters and her plot. The result, like the work of any great artist is a complete picture of Harriet Baxter and her friends and acquaintances. A superb tale, superbly told. Altough I had worked out what I thought would be the conclusion, i was made to doubt myself on so many occasions. I felt how the Jurors must have felt - forever changing my mind. Beware - this book is unputdownable (I love that word- it is so descriptive). Maybe the dog will get a proper walk now instead of a turn round the garden whilst my head is in the book.

How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through puppyhood and beyond
How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through puppyhood and beyond
Price: 6.49

1.0 out of 5 stars better info for free can be obtained by googling, 27 Dec 2011
What a verbose load of rubbish. I don't want to know about his dogs, i don't want to know about breeders etc. I want to know how to crate train (when it hasn' been done by breeders). I want to know how to house train when he is locked in his crate. It's alright putting puppy pads around the place but if he can't get to them yet you say dont put them in a crate. Maybe the info is there but bloomin hell this book is so boring , i am afraid the author is not facing real problems. Travelling from the breeder. You can't just put a pub in a cage , he'll be frightened to death. He needs reassurance first. You cannot stick a dog in a crate at home either, you need patience , taking days to get him to go in on his own, giving him confidence. I could go on but googling this for free is best. Looking for information in this book is like looking for a dog biscuit in a full coal bunker. I wish I could get my money back.

The Penal Colony
The Penal Colony
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars thrilling, fast pace,, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Penal Colony (Kindle Edition)
well, it was free, highly rated, so although I am not a massive thriller reader, i added it to my kindle.
Its a great story line, and well written, I read it in a day as I couldn't put it down. It is a "Boys Own" adventure story, but at other reviewers state, it is way above average, so now I am looking forward to reading Herley's other books, many of which are highy rated. I am going to read "the drowning" next as Richard Herley himself says it is his best yet. The Drowning

Tan Lines [DVD]
Tan Lines [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Baxter
Offered by fat_buddha
Price: 4.49

1.0 out of 5 stars definately the worst gay film ever, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Tan Lines [DVD] (DVD)
there are many more interesting things to do in life than watch this absolutely crap film. i have seen most gay films but this one made me want to , well i can't tell you as they wouldn't publish it. i took the dog for a walk - watched the stars, much better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5