Profile for TheUKConsumerChannel > Reviews

Content by TheUKConsumerC...

TheUKConsumerChannel

Philips HD8769/08 Saeco Moltio Automatic Espresso Machine 1.9 Litre, 1850 Watt, 15 Bar, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the taste I wanted, 6 Oct 2014
I started off with a Saeco HD8753/88, the machine made a nice cup of coffee but the backlight on the display became faulty after 3 months of use, as it was discontinued I was offered the Saeco HD8769/08 as a replacement, great.. Or so I thought..

I've had the Saeco HD8769/08 for four months, the machine makes a beautiful cup of coffee, unfortunately the milk carafe has become faulty after 4 months and I've waited a month for Philips to replace the accessory, according to Philips they are waiting for their factory in Italy to send the consignment over to them so they can forward on, I smell something and it isn't fresh coffee.

If it wasn't for the extremely poor customer service from Philips and even poorer QC I wouldn't hesitate to give the machine 4 stars but as I'm currently without a working milk carafe, it's 1 star.

I would avoid Philips machines, they must use cheap components given the failure rate I've witnessed.

Kent Hand Made Beard and Moustache Comb (81T)
Kent Hand Made Beard and Moustache Comb (81T)
Offered by Glamour Ladies

4.0 out of 5 stars Comb Comb Comb The Beard.. Gently with a Kent.. Merrily Merrily.., 30 Aug 2014
This comb oozes quality and makes my hands look big, what more do you want?

Handmade and helps work the beard oil through your newly grown beard.

Philips SHB7000/10 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Black / Red
Philips SHB7000/10 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Black / Red
Offered by West Audio UK

5.0 out of 5 stars What did you say dear?, 30 Aug 2014
Very light and durable, I cannot fault the headset quality for the money, really is a quality piece of kit.

Sound quality which is the most important is very good, I use these with my Surface Pro 3 and the volume is more than enough.

Inateck® 13.3 Inch MacBook Pro Retina Display Ultrabook Netbook Bag Envelope Case Cover Sleeve Carrying Protector Case Bag with Card Slot, Compatible with 13 Inch Apple Macbook Pro Retina/Macbook Air, Most 11-Inch Ultrabook Netbook [Size: 13.3-Inch, Color: Grey]
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and light, such a delight!, 30 Aug 2014
The Price? Fantastic
The Quality? Superb
The use? To carry a Surface Pro 3

Dr K's Beard Soap (100ml)
Dr K's Beard Soap (100ml)
Offered by Men Are Useless

1.0 out of 5 stars A scratch too far., 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: Dr K's Beard Soap (100ml) (Misc.)
I had hoped that although the Beard Soap by Dr K was only 100Ml the contents would be of a high concentration thus' requiring very little to lather up, unfortunately this is not the case.

I have to be objective and honest; This product does nothing for me that L'Oréal Paris Elvive For Men Anti-Dandruff Intensive Shampoo hasn't done, the only difference is I can get the L'Oreal 400Ml for £4.

I firmly believe beard shampoo such as this is marketed to take advantage of fresh beard lovers.

1month for £15? No thank you.

LINDY Mains Power Lead (Fig. 8) UK 3 Pin Plug Black 2m
LINDY Mains Power Lead (Fig. 8) UK 3 Pin Plug Black 2m
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality, 30 Aug 2014
There's not much I can say about a Mains Power Lead except for the fact it worked sublimely with the Surface Pro 3 PSU.

Netgear EX6200 AC1200 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear EX6200 AC1200 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender

1.0 out of 5 stars Blackhole begone? Unfortunately not!, 30 Aug 2014
Connecting to the Virgin Super Hub 2 with WPS only connected the 5GHZ, I had to bond the 2GHZ channel by going through the Genie setup, this process was simple enough.

The setup of the unit and build quality are what I would expect from a premium product, that's the good out of the way.

I can't seem to get the 2.4Ghz to perform above 1Mbps with WPA2 TKIP & AES encryption, in fact the only way to get a pretty crappy 6Mbps is to completely remove any encryption on the Super Hub 2.

On the recommendation from a user on AVF, I reset both the Super Hub 2 back to defaults to rule out my custom settings and also reset the EX6200, the result? The same old crappy speeds.

To be clear, this is with the unit sat 12"/1 foot/ 0.3048m away from the Super Hub 2!

5Ghz I can achieve around 50Mbps next to the SH2 or in the next room and upstairs around 19Mbps.

Contacting Netgear they refuse to offer support on the product unless it is registered, I find this odd considering I have supplied date purchased, origin of purchase and also the serial number.

I have refused to register the unit as I have an active RMA with Scan, I will send this unit back on Monday, it's either faulty or a load of crap.

Given my experience of previous Netgear products, I would go with the later. (I'm aware VM Hubs are Netgear bastards).

Thanks for reading ;)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2014 7:26 PM BST

Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Citrus Press
Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Citrus Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Form Over Function?, 22 May 2014
Length:: 0:11 Mins

Not when it comes to the Citrus Press from Sage, I can assure you.

The unit is beautifully crafted using what I believe is brushed stainless steel, but its not all about looks, is it?

I wanted to create fresh orange juice without having the hassle of a convoluted set up / clean up process, I'm not disappointed!

Having read many reviews of various juicers from different companies I settled on the Sage Citrus Press, Why? The simplicity! You cut an orange in half, place on the juicer, pull the handle down and voila, the juice flows into the glass with no effort.

Cleaning the pulp on this citrus press takes 5 minutes, quick rinse under the tap and dry off with a towel is all it takes.

so all in all, 4 oranges = 1 large tumbler and currently you can purchase 7 oranges from the likes of Morrisons for 99pence.

My only disappointment was one that was caused by Amazon, I received the unit with only one pulp filter, they sent a replacement and that had a filter missing also.. Amazon did compensate me for this and Sage are going to send me a replacement filter free of charge which I consider fantastic customer service.

TUFFskinz iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 Premium Quality Screen Protectors : Anti Glare Matte edition Anti finger print (2 in Pack - Front)
Offered by TUFFskinz

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't put a price on quality., 20 Jan 2014
Having used various screen protectors over the years I have the luxury of having a certain affinity to applying screen protectors and it also allows me to spot quality when I see it.

This particular screen protector was extremely easy to apply and the finish of the product is superb, second to none.

I don't understand some reviews which state the product is terrible for 'finger marks' or that the product isn't 'anti glare' as mine is absolutely as advertised.

Having a 5S I wanted the premium protector to match my phone, Tuffskinz lives up to my expectations and I know from using cheaper versions in the past its money well spent and I wont need to reapply in the near future.

Well worth the money and I can highly recommend them over Zagg who IMO are awful to apply to units.

Belkin Wireless Play Max Modem Router ADSL (BT Line)
Belkin Wireless Play Max Modem Router ADSL (BT Line)

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Play Max Wireless Modem Router NN+, 29 Aug 2010
Well here I am...

I don't normally write reviews on Amazon but I felt the product needed support from a user that is very familiar with the nature of the product...

A little background... My current ISP is Sky Broadband, I originally purchased the Netgear DGN3500 and that product was simply terrible. It wouldn't hold a stable connection and had intermittent connection problems; it was an untested and unsupported product for the UK Market with so many DSLAMS.

I've owned the Belkin Play Max Wireless Modem Router NN+ and it has worked absolutely brilliantly since day one! The setup process was a joy to go through and although some of the features of the bundled software are gimmicky for the more advanced user they can come in handy.

All in all, Sky Broadband customers would be ecstatic having a modem router such as this one as it's very hard to come across a modem router that is compatible with the service and runs so stable in the process.

The only negative I will point out is the wireless signal, it doesn't appear to be as strong as 'others' that I have tried but it isn't as weak either.