Profile for Jeggburt > Reviews

Content by Jeggburt

Jeggburt

Laptop Battery for Dell Studio 1555 1557 1558 KM958 451-10657 - Original Lavolta
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer
Price: 29.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick with propriety hardware with Dell, 11 Oct 2013
Although the battery fits my model of laptop perfectly (Studio 1555), as per the product description, Dell have kindly put a lock on non-Dell parts to be used on their builds.

This frustrates me directly as it costs 100 (one third of the cost of a new laptop) that it doesn't seem worth buying direct from Dell.

As a result, the battery only charges to around 40% and the Dell power adaptor and laptop refuses to charge the battery any more.

If anyone has any resolution advice for this, it would be appreciated but I've had to give this two stars because for most people, it won't work, which is a shame.

Head First C# (Head First Guides)
Head First C# (Head First Guides)
by Andrew Stellman

4.0 out of 5 stars Stick with it - it's worth it!, 9 Oct 2013
This is the first time I've taken a leap of faith into actually trying to learn a new language.

I've done some college courses that had a bit of the principles of encapsulation and dealing with classes but this book has helped everything "click".

I'm not sure if it is the book that has helped or if my experience in working with VB/VBA has helped but it has triggered the right things to get the solutions done.

There are puzzles in the book that allow you to build up a solution to solve for yourself, something which I found was lacking in other books that weren't based on academics.

If you have considered learning C#, give the book a go and stick with it, I've been surprised with what I've picked up.

There were issues with getting the graphics from the website, however, I did find them (eventually) under the edition of the book. Some people (I believe) have been looking for a graphic for Edition 2 within the Edition 3 drop downs. It's not immediately clear on the website but everything you need is there. I have dropped a star because of this. It really should be clearer.

Xbox LIVE Gold 12-Month Membership Card (Xbox One/360)
Xbox LIVE Gold 12-Month Membership Card (Xbox One/360)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 34.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold, 19 Jun 2013
Decent price and worth every penny if you play online - this was a good 7 cheaper than the official Microsoft store so it's 7 that I can spend on something else.

Matchblocks
Matchblocks
Price: 0.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Matchblocks (App)
There is a lot of hand-eye coordination required as you try and get your head around the colours of the blocks that have dropped, in what order and dealing with the size of the blocks.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is a good time-waster.

Snugg Galaxy S3 Silicone Case in Black - Non-Slip Material, Protective Lightweight Case for Samsung Galaxy S3
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: 29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 18 May 2013
I was tempted to get a cheaper cover for my phone, but for a phone that is worth over 200, I didn't feel a 3 cover would suffice.

I purchased this cover for my Samsung S3 and it fits quite nicely; the cover itself doesn't slip and I have no fears of my phone slipping out of my pocket without my knowing so I'd definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a cover that will give their phone some physical insurance.