Profile for Masta Booka > Reviews

Waiting For The Sirens' Call
Waiting For The Sirens' Call
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars touched by the hand of God..., 11 April 2005
Someone here mentioned the term "mythology of New Order" and that compelled me to chime in. I'm not sure how the old-time NO fans will take to this, but speaking for myself I'm blown back into the water...this is the real deal, from the pappies of the sound they created, back (once again) to show the new school a few new lessons. I LOVE the sound at play here, from the first track to the last. Of course, I loved "Get Ready" as well...nothing here quite touches the urgency of "Crystal", but instead most tracks stretch to the breaking point...I never wanted anything to end...literally my ears had to re-learn how to listen to this group, and grab ahold for the long haul.
The opening bass of "Hey Joe" rocks my world...literally. "Know What You're Doing" is the funkiest techno-jazz I've ever heard and should be mandatory in every elevator...pronto! "Krafy" just makes me smile, nuff said there. Some people hate it, but "I Told You So" is my favorite track, and a great sequel to "60 mph"...oh man, how much I love this band when they're firing on all cylinders...
From "Dracula's Castle" and "Morning Night and Day" I can't believe how good things are...this is New Order's most complete album I've ever heard...every track is great (yes, even "Working Overtime"). It took me a few listens to really get a hold on things...but this is certainly my favorite ALBUM (in the truest sense of the word) of 2005 so far. I almost shed a tear when the thing ended, as always I wanted more. But then I hit the play button on the old ipod and started over.
Thank you, New Order...thanks for sticking around. New school, are you listening? THIS is how longevity is done...take note!