Profile for Helen Simpson > Reviews

Content by Helen Simpson

Helen Simpson

Philips HR7761/01 750 W Kitchen Food Processor with 2.1 L Bowl and Accessories for + 28 Functions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-round machine, 31 Jan. 2015
I don't normally write reviews but I am so pleased with this machine I had to share it. I decided to replace my Magimix Mini (cost more than twice the price of the Philips and I didn't like it at all) and looked for a popular machine on Amazon, so bought the Philips. It's wonderful! It takes a large quantity and chops quickly and evenly; it has a good range of easily fitted slicer and grater blades which work well; and the minichop attachment is really efficient for herbs, nuts or anything small - though I confess it did take me a while to work out how it fitted on to the motor. All the parts are easy to clean as well as to use. A great food processor and very good value.

What Is Polymyalgia Rheumatica? Have All Your Questions Answered.
What Is Polymyalgia Rheumatica? Have All Your Questions Answered.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good overview, 27 Aug. 2013
I wish I had found this book four years ago, when I was first diagnosed with PMR. It is quite short but everything in it is relevant and helpful: good advice on the psychological as well as the physical impact, helpful tips on diet and supplements, guidance on drugs and their risks, and good pointers to accessing more information. Well worth reading if you or someone near you has PMR.

Escape the Diet Trap
Escape the Diet Trap
by Dr. John Briffa

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Escape the Diet Trap (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book. I have lost a stone and a half in three months, but, more important, I have enjoyed it; I have never been hungry; I feel I have a plan for the future which I can easily keep to; and I am totally convinced by the medical evidence about the health benefits of following the advice in the book.

Rolson 68900 Folding Boot Cart, 25 kg
Rolson 68900 Folding Boot Cart, 25 kg

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 10 July 2011
This trolley is cheap, but it's one to avoid. The handle fully extended is too short for a normal adult (I am 5ft 7in) so you can't stand up straight or keep it at a safe distance so that it doesn't bump into your heels. It is also unstable with a moderate load so veers wildly from side to side, and it will not cope with a surface that isn't totally smooth. I've used mine once and won't use it again.

GPS for Walkers: An Introduction to Gps,Digital Maps and Geocaching (Pathfinder Guide)
by Clive Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 16 Mar. 2008
This book is well written, clear, practical and excellent all round. I bought it when I was unsure what GPS did and whether I wanted one: it convinced me that I did want one, clarified what it would do and what it wouldn't do, and helped with how to choose one. It also explained a lot about how to use GPS and will be a standby when I want to expand, eg with using it abroad.