Profile for R. T. Morris > Reviews

R. T. Morris (Fife)

The Sweeney Original Soundtrack
The Sweeney Original Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty epic and atmospheric, 11 Nov 2012
I watched the film today, quite enjoyed it for what it was. However, it was this atmospheric score that really sealed it for me. I know Lorne Balfes' other material from the Assassins Creed Games. He is a man who sets out to create a tone for a film and achieves it wonderfully with this score. I hope he goes on to bigger movies. Trafalgar Square is the stand out track on this for me. Very Tron Legacy like but altogether gripping. I'm listening to it on Spotify as I type...at the 1.35 mark....chilling stuff.

Pour Your Love (Album Version)
Pour Your Love (Album Version)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great song...terrible bitrate, 3 Sep 2012
I downloaded this song legally from Amazon because I wanted to support the artist. I download it and noticed the file size of around 6mb. I checked the bitrate and noticed that it was only 237kbps. I'm a fussy sod for the highest audio quality and 237kbps is nowhere near the 320kbps I have to convert it to. When you pay 89p for a song, you expect the best quality....If you're reading this Benga...get it sorted...your music deserves the highest quality. I've converted it to 48khz at a size of 9mb.

Take Shelter [Blu-ray]
Take Shelter [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jessica Chastain

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a movie, not to be missed, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: Take Shelter [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I watched Take Shelter yesterday and was simply blown away(excuse the pun). The mesmerising climax was set up perfectly with a combination of real world issues, possible hereditary mental illness, the fantastic score (which I'm listening to as I write this by the way) and of course, finally, the powerful acting performances by Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain who play husband and wife, the show is almost stolen by little Tova Stewart, who plays the couples deaf daughter. I'm not going to bore you with a synopsis, just make sure you see this film. But how good is it you ask? Well I've shopped with Amazon for nearly 5 years and have never once wrote a review for a film or anything and after seeing this I felt compelled to do so. How this was overlooked by the Academy is beyond me, I'm not going to rant about that though! Just be there on March 19th to see this movie. Jaw dropping in its entirety.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2013 4:31 AM GMT