Profile for TLChurcher > Reviews

Content by TLChurcher

TLChurcher "TLChurcher" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Betron BPS60 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers, Rechargeable Compact Portable Mini Travel Speaker for Bluetooth enabled iPhone iPad Tablets iPod Mp3, Samsung HTC Nokia Blackberry - Black
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Impressive!, 24 July 2016
I was hesitant about buying the speaker but I thought it was worth a try based on the price and the other reviews. So glad I did! Really great little speaker perhaps a bit heavy on the Base but I didn't mind. Even my husband was impressed and he's got an ear for music. Great to take on holiday to listen to your own music from your phone or other Bluetooth device.

STREEZE Ladies Elastic Fabric Braided Stretch Belt. 1 inch Wide with Gold Buckle (Medium 33" - 35", Black)
Offered by Avaweb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt and at a good price!, 19 Jun. 2016
Really like this belt! Not too wide. Perfect for jeans and trousers and has a nice stretch to it.

Cover Your Gray Instant Touch Up Wand, Dark Brown
Cover Your Gray Instant Touch Up Wand, Dark Brown
Offered by Just Beauty UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Go For It, 10 Jun. 2016
Perfect for disguising thinning hair at temples! I tried ordinary mascara but it just caught in my hair and made a mess and it cost more. For the price, why hesitate?

Loonysocks, 3 Pair of Super Soft Ascona Merino Wool Women/ Ladies & Girls, Black & Grey Socks (6-8 (EU 39/42)
Offered by Artborn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wool Socks for Summer, 10 Jun. 2016
I am on my feet all day and needed socks that allowed my feet to breathe. These are perfect! Because they are wool, my feet don't sweat in them. They are thin enough for Summer and are well made.

JULIA Collar Slipper - Black - Black - size UK Ladies Size 6
JULIA Collar Slipper - Black - Black - size UK Ladies Size 6
Offered by Shoe Trek

4.0 out of 5 stars Cosy and Comfy, 10 Jun. 2016
I really love these slippers. When it first arrived, it was too small but I decided to wear them anyway as I couldn't be bothered with returning them. I am glad I. Held on to them for within a few days, they loosened up and fitted perfectly.

Moroccan Style Chrome Chandelier Lantern Light Shade Easy Fit Non Electrical Pendant
Offered by Sunset Lighting (Bolton)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Light Fixture, 10 Jun. 2016
While I was trying to decide if I should purchase it, I was fortunate enough to see it in a restaurant. I bought it straight away! It is truly beautiful. Very pleased.

Love2Sleep EGYPTIAN COTTON FLAT SHEET HOTEL QUALITY - SINGLE SIZE SKY BLUE
Love2Sleep EGYPTIAN COTTON FLAT SHEET HOTEL QUALITY - SINGLE SIZE SKY BLUE
Offered by LOVE2SLEEP

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing Top Hem, 10 Jun. 2016
Quite disappointing! The fabric seems alright but never have I seen a flat sheet without a top hem! Every side is the same with just a small narrow hem.

Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
by Elizabeth Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars A Magical, Witty and Humorous Encounter, 17 Nov. 2015
Recently, the wonderfully inspiring author of Eat, Pray, Love and The Signature of All Things published a new book for aspiring writers. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear. Big Magic is her first self-help book and as is as witty and humorous as Eat, Pray, Love. I took it with me on my solo trip to the Isle of Eigg and it was the perfect book to bring for those long rainy days when I couldn't get out but needed some inspiration and motivation to write. I haven't read other books about writing but I am sure after reading this that this is in a class of its own. When I first started reading it I thought that I probably wasn't going t get much out of it but I was still loving EG's style. She writes like she is speaking to a friend in the room. Big Magic is written openly and honestly and so therefore rather courageously I thought. One of the things which impacted me was the way she expressed the magical things that sometimes happen when one if writing. Perhaps some will scoff when they read about her theory that inspiration is floating around looking for creative people to birth these ideas or perhaps some will think, it's a good enough explanation as any. Elizabeth Gilbert offers quite a lot of sage advice as well as some wonderful personal anecdotes. I was totally wrong when I thought I would get nothing from it but an enjoyable read. This book is extremely encouraging and so much fun to read. At times she had me chuckling to myself and even laughing out loud. I was so inspired to write for the pure joy of writing that I ended up having an encounter of my own with 'big magic'. I wrote (or perhaps channeled) a short story of over 5000 words without hardly a pause except it was getting late and I was fighting sleep to keep going. It was an exhilarating experience which I won't forget. I am not saying that if you read Ms. Gilbert's book, you will also have a magical experience. Read the book because it is an enjoyable book or because you have lost that spark you use to have and need some igniting.

Shear Madness: Volume 1 (Melanie Hogan Mysteries)
Shear Madness: Volume 1 (Melanie Hogan Mysteries)
by Rhonda J Blackhurst

4.0 out of 5 stars It reminded me of Scarlett Thomas' Lily Pascal series which I have also enjoyed. Just like The Inheritance, 2 Sept. 2015
The author of The Inheritance has a new book out and it's a start to a new series! Shear Madness is an engaging mystery novel about salon owner Melanie Hogan who is firmly set against living a life outside of the ordinary. Ordinary, calm and settled is what she finds comfort in due to her mother abandoning her when she was a child to pursue an acting career. Deep down inside though she has always had a desire to be a private investigator but as that doesn't fit into her larger desire of living the safe ordinary life, she has allowed that dream to die. Then along comes Velma, the town gossip who suddenly dies in her stylist chair and the verdict is murder. Melanie then becomes set on solving the mystery! I was totally engrossed in this book from start to finish. It reminded me of Scarlett Thomas' Lily Pascal series which I have also enjoyed. Just like The Inheritance, I have enjoyed the characters and felt I understood them. I liked the suspenseful stalker introduced in the book and enjoyed trying to solve the mystery with Melanie Hogan. The book has an unusual tall, slim size which I love and a great cover design! I look forward to the next book in the series.

Organic Goji Berries 250g, from Tibetan Plateau, certified by Soil Association
Organic Goji Berries 250g, from Tibetan Plateau, certified by Soil Association
Offered by Zen Valley

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good goji berries, 10 July 2015
Really good goji berries. My husband says they are better than other brands he has tried. I am guessing that is due to them being organic. Great price too!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3