Profile for D. Payne > Reviews

Best Thing From - Volume 1
Best Thing From - Volume 1
by Kevin Chapman

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this little comical gem, 8 July 2014
Kev and Steve's infectious and casual humour makes this debut title a very worthwhile read with genuine laugh out loud moments - thoroughly recommended!

Skullcandy Heavy Medal 2.0 In-Ear Headphones with Mic - Chrome/Black
Skullcandy Heavy Medal 2.0 In-Ear Headphones with Mic - Chrome/Black
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 28 Nov 2013
For the price, a really nice set of earphones with a reasonable sound quality. The contoured shape helps them to stay firmly in place when on the move and they remain comfortable eve after extensive use.

Overall, I am very pleased with the purchase.

Dell AX510 Soundbar Speaker for Ultrasharp and Other Monitors with Pass Through Connector
Offered by Silicon Connect Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 1 Dec 2011
For the money, this Soundbar does the job and attaches nicely to my DELL 23" screen. The sound quality is never going to impress the audiofile community, but for general use and casual gaming is fine.

BTW - I have noticed that it does tend to pick up a lot of interference from mobile phones, so I don't advise placing one anywhere near to the Soundbar.

Canon PIXMA MG6150 All-In-One Wi-Fi Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)
Canon PIXMA MG6150 All-In-One Wi-Fi Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great quality Canon printer!, 7 Dec 2010
I bought this printer as un upgrade to my previous Canon IP4000 (which I had been using for around 5 or 6 years) and wanted the convenience of wireless printing. I was hoping the build and print quality would be just as good and I have not been disappointed. The MG6150 produces excellent quality prints and is also very quiet in operation. The colour display and touch control menu is a nice feature, although not essential, and is easy to use and understand. Setup was fairly easy on my PC and Mac computers, but having some basic knowledge of networking would be useful as the installation process wasn't entirely automatic. I am very happy with the purchase and would recommend this printer to others for good quality, wireless home general and photo printing.

Toshiba Satellite L500-1XM 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Celeron M900 2.2 GHz Processor, 3 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, DVD SuperMulti Drive, 6 Cell Battery, Windows 7 Home Premium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 25 Jun 2010
I bought this recently for my mum & dad, both now retired and living abroad. They had been using a desktop PC for several years but needed something that didn't take up too much space. I chose this Toshiba laptop based on the reviews from others on Amazon (many thanks) and the price/spec.

They really like this machine. The keyboard keys and characters are large and easy to read, which at their age is a bonus! The screen is also a good size, with the text quite sharp. There is some light reflection from the screen though and I had to increase the brightness and contrast to make it easier to read. The built in webcam is of reasonable quality and ideal for Skype video calls, etc. For what they will be using it for, i.e. internet access, email, quiz games and word processing, performance is fine and this should last them for at least 5 years. Overall build quality is what you would expect for the money and a fully charged battery is lasting around 3 hours.

I would recommend this PC for users of a similar profile and have rated it overall 5 stars considering its specification, build quality, performance and price.

Vibe Duo - Nero For iPhone (With Click Mic)
Vibe Duo - Nero For iPhone (With Click Mic)

2.0 out of 5 stars Questionable Quality, 8 Jun 2009
I have had my Vibe Duo earphones now for around 14 months. I like the styling, comfort and sound quality from the earphones and the microphone also works well when I am hands-free in the car. Unfortunately, however, the left earphone in the first pair I bought stopped working after around 4 months use and I had to return them under warranty. Although the manufacturer did provide a replacement without any questions, I had to send them back to the USA and the whole process took about 3 weeks, which was a pain. The replacement set has now just stopped working, with the same fault as the first set - no audio from the left ear. This time I am going to ditch V-Moda and try to find a more robust product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2012 3:49 PM BST