ARRAY(0xa3088a08)

Page: 1 | 2
Rumors of Wars
Rumors of Wars

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Enjoyable Read, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rumors of Wars (Kindle Edition)
Firstly, I was given this book free of charge from the author via Lovers of Paranormal, in exchange for an honest review.

I really wasn't sure how I would take to the book as the story seemed a little "out there" - but I have to say I really, really enjoyed it.

The book captured my attention immediately. This is no slow-grower of a story - it drags you straight into the action from the very first sentence and definitely kept me turning the pages.....I have to say I was hooked :)

Perish is pretty much the epitome of a kick-ass heroine, and my sympathy quickly grew for Pride having to cope with her! However, she is a likeable character who has her heart in the right place, even if she doesn't seem to be able to help antagonising people at the wrong time!

Overall, a fantastic book, and one I can heartily recommend. I will certainly get book 2 - and not just because of the cliff-hanger ending of this one!!

Serafina and the Silent Vampire (Book 1 of the Serafina's Series)
Serafina and the Silent Vampire (Book 1 of the Serafina's Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, 22 Feb 2014
Firstly, I was given this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review. Well, to be honest, I LOVED it.

I warmed to the characters immediately and although Serafina has a slightly ambiguous moral code regarding her work I thoroughly liked her - although not as much as I liked Blair.......everybody needs a Blair in their life!!!

The story was fast-paced, and kept me turning the pages way past my bedtime - with enough twists and turns to keep my interest. If you're a sensitive soul you should be aware it does have some "adult" scenes, but they felt like part of the story, not just something shoe-horned in to appeal to a certain market.

Really, stop listening to me waffle and read it! You won't be disappointed......and I've already downloaded book 2 :)

Queen Mab
Queen Mab

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely twist on a timeless tale, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Queen Mab (Kindle Edition)
Firstly, I received an ARC copy of this book in return for an honest review.

It's been longer than I care to remember since I read Romeo and Juliet - but this book reminded me what a beautiful, forlorn tale it is.

It's a beautifully written twist on Romeo and Juliet, showing the celestial meddling on the background from Queen Mab, Faunus and Juno which led them inexorably to their doom.

I felt like I knew the characters better for reading this book, and although it is never going to replace the original (and nor was it intended to!) it is an excellent book to read in companionship with the play.

Read it - you'll fall in love all over again with this classic story and it's characters.

Breaking the Nexus: 1 (Mythrian Realm)
Breaking the Nexus: 1 (Mythrian Realm)
by Lindsay Avalon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant....., 17 Mar 2013
Wow! Just Wow - I really, really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and the world felt so real.

Sha is a fab heroine - and every girl needs a Connor:)

The first thing I did when I'd finished this book was go to Amazon to buy book 2....but it's not out yet!! Write QUICKER!!!!

Loved it and would have no hesitation in recommending this book to anyone.

The Heidelberg Ghost
The Heidelberg Ghost
by Nickie Cochran

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, enjoyable read, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Heidelberg Ghost (Paperback)
I got this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review - and I have to say I really enjoyed it.

It's a fun, light and engaging read which was helped along by a good set of characters and a love story which was just a little out of the normal - it was also nice to have a book set somewhere other than the USA!!

I'd certainly recommend this book and I will definitely read the rest of the series as they are published.

Good fun and worth a read! :)

Addicted to Magic (Addicted to Magic, 1)
Addicted to Magic (Addicted to Magic, 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Read, 29 Dec 2012
I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading more by this author.

Jessica is a likeable character and I quickly warmed to her. The story is well written and engaged me from the start - and I loved the fact that it offered a new twist on witches and their use of magic, as well as the self awareness that Jessica comes to throughout the book.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Addicted to Magic - Definitely one to read, and an author to keep an eye on!

Beloved LifeMate: Song of the Sídhí #1
Beloved LifeMate: Song of the Sídhí #1

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, 10 Dec 2012
I particularly enjoyed this instalment of the series, as it was a little different by being set mainly in Sídhí.

It was a very short read - which is a bit of a shame as I think both lead characters have more than enough about them to warrant a longer story. However, it was very well written, and totally engaging!

I really have loved this series and can only hope you take the leap of faith and read them :)

Vampire's Forbidden Territory (Sídhí Summer Camp Series #2)
Vampire's Forbidden Territory (Sídhí Summer Camp Series #2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Read, 28 Nov 2012
This book is the second full length novel in the series and continues the story of the Sidhi Sunmer Camp, and the dangers and threats that befall the gang.

I would love to live in this world! It is so well drawn with such interesting plants and creatures that it would be fantastic to experience it first hand.

Sarah is definitely my favourite character and I need to know more about what happens to her ASAP. She is a bundle of contradictions - but you just know she has a lot more to give as a character.

I don't want to say too much as I'm loath to spoil the story for anyone. I will just say if you are at all hesitant about reading these - don't be, they're really good fun and I'm sure you'll love them!

A Dragon's Dream of Love (Song of the Sídhí Series #2)
A Dragon's Dream of Love (Song of the Sídhí Series #2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Short Story, 28 Nov 2012
I am rapidly becoming a big fan of Jodie B Cooper. I love the fact that the characters reappear in eachothers stories and yet each one stands as an independent character.

I really liked Leah throughout the story, and my only gripe would be I would have liked this to have been a bit longer so her character could have developed further. - and I have to admit I had a little soft spot for Derek :)

Another great read from this author!

Guardian's Beloved Mate (Song of the Sídhí Series #4)
Guardian's Beloved Mate (Song of the Sídhí Series #4)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Addition to the Series, 28 Nov 2012
Another winner from Jodie B Cooper.

Guardian Alexander, who is a dragon shape shifter, is trying to quash a band of paranormal terrorists - and at the same time is trying to find his Lifemate, Lizzie, who has been imprisoned for many years.

Alexander is a somewhat prickly character and I didn't warm to him as much as a lot of the other characters in the series but I enjoyed watching Sarah come to the rescue - albeit reluctantly.

A must read as a part of the series :)

Page: 1 | 2