Profile for Mrs Laura Blair > Reviews

The Reviver
The Reviver
by Seth Patrick
Price: 11.51

5.0 out of 5 stars No wonder LEGENDARY has snapped up the film rights!!!, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Reviver (Hardcover)
This book had me hook line and sinker from the first chapter. You're dropped straight in at the creepy deep end with a gritty visceral revival of a murder victim. You finish the first chapter with a hair raising "We see you" from something else which is lurking in the beyond! I thought this debut had it all, I LOVE the way it manages to deftly stride several genre from thriller to crime, from Sci-Fi to horror, but never delves too deeply into any that it would put off potential readers, or alienate lovers of a specific category. The way Patrick brings a sense of everyday normality and credence for Revival to his world; I for one believed in revival, in it's acceptance as a forensic tool, as a means to say a final goodbye to those we love. I DEFINITELY want a revival clause in my insurance policy, particularly if Jonah and Never are doing the Reviving ;) I also loved that this author appeared to have spent a lot of time and research getting the science right, at least I was convinced; the forensic techniques, drugs, scans, side effects, it all had me believing, unlike some CSI type stories, which seem to lack any basis in reality. So a thriller/horror, crime/Sci-Fi which I think will appeal to a HUGE range of readers, mainly because it's clever, interesting, well written, has main characters you invest in and care about, and above all is HUGE FUN to read! This is surely going to be MASSIVE! Bring on the sequel asap!!!

Harry Potter: The Ultimate Quiz Book
Harry Potter: The Ultimate Quiz Book
by Jack Goldstein
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Harry Potter fun!!, 26 Jan 2013
Although some may be put off by the "Unofficial" and "Unauthorised" tags on the front of this book, it is actually well done and really good fun. Lots of questions split up into characters, places, spells and potions etc. Some really easy, even for us mere Muggles!! and others more difficult, for our little trainee witches and wizards! We've had many a quiz session with it, and even my 4 yr old can answer his fair share, so nobody gets left out. Great price too.

Plush Soft Toy Lying Wolf by Teddy Hermann. 45cm.
Plush Soft Toy Lying Wolf by Teddy Hermann. 45cm.
Offered by KullerTrulla (Preise inkl. gesetzl.MwSt)
Price: 37.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Lying down wolf toy, 24 Jan 2013
My daughter has many, many wolf toys, so I was very pleased to see this one that she didn't own. It was put under the christmas tree, and was immediately loved. Very nice looking wolf, good size, and extremely soft to cuddle. A very nice addition to any wolf fans collection. Highly recommend :)

Rubies - Harry Potter Broom
Rubies - Harry Potter Broom
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter Broom, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Rubies - Harry Potter Broom (Toy)
I ordered one of these brooms, which came really promptly, and my son just loved it. Then my daughter asked if she could have one too, so she could join in the fun. The second broom did not arrive, so I contacted the seller, and must say, their customer service was excellent. I was asked to confirm my address, which was correct, and then asked if I wanted a replacement dispatched, or a full refund. My daughter was desperate for the broom, so I asked for a replacement. The broom arrived two days later. SO, not only were my children both very happy with their brooms, but I was very pleased with their prompt and courteous handling of the errant broom saga :)