Profile for A. Rickard > Reviews

Content by A. Rickard

A. Rickard "Andisweetpea" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Elite Mini Foam Pad Pk 2
Elite Mini Foam Pad Pk 2
Offered by Lovepetsuperstore
Price: 3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the pack, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Elite Mini Foam Pad Pk 2 (Misc.)
Two foam replacement filters for the elite mini aquarium filter. Same quality as the one received with the original filter, right size and shape, do the job they're meant to do!

Womens , Girls Fluffy Baby Blue heart shaped ear muffs in Feather edge fake fur fabric,Adjustable ,Ideal Cold weather wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 Jan 2013
These earmuffs are a lovely colour, soft and fluffy, adjustable to fit both my 6 yo daughter and myself. What's not to like?

Jarrow Formulas Coconut Oil 100% Organic, 454 Gms
Jarrow Formulas Coconut Oil 100% Organic, 454 Gms

3.0 out of 5 stars No smell or taste, 10 Jan 2013
If you are looking for all the benefits of coconut oil but dislike the taste or smell of coconut then this brand is perfect for you. Personally I prefer it to taste of coconut but that's just me.

Philips Econic Standard Shape LED Light Bulb 5 Watt Edison E27 Screw Cap 5w 240v GLS A55 Energy Saving Warm white
Offered by Strictly Lamps
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really is warm white, 25 Oct 2012
I have bought a number of LED bulbs before, all of which were described as "warm white" but which, in fact, were quite a cold white and too bright to look at. This bulb really is a lovely soft yellowish white. It warms up much quicker than the equivalent "low energy" bulb and should save lots of money in the long run (here's hoping!).

The Natural Way to Health through Controlled Fasting
The Natural Way to Health through Controlled Fasting
by Carlson Wade

1.0 out of 5 stars Much Bunkum, 27 Jun 2011
I am an avid reader of nutrition books and particularly in relation to health. I have started using intermittent fasting techniques to control (very effectively I might add) symptoms of asthma and arthritis.
However, this book is full of so much nonsense: unsubstantiated "facts" and bad science, that I simply cannot bring myself to read any more of it.
The author actually recommends eating synthetic, vegetable based meat substitutes in place of real meat to avoid the "toxins" left over from meat digestion. Also eating wholegrain bread as a "powerhouse for minerals" whereas we know that the phytates in wholegrains actually leach minerals out of the body. Also a recommended pre-fast breakfast of nothing but fruit would,in my experience, cause a huge surge in blood-sugar level and insulin production and within two hours, severe hunger and tiredness. I think I'll stick with the Paleo way for the time being.

Everyday Paleo
Everyday Paleo
by Sarah Fragoso
Price: 17.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Paleo Cookbook so far - and so much more, 25 May 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
I just received my copy of this book today and I've already given it a thorough read through. I'm really pleased I bought it.
The recipes are all illustrated with beautiful colour photos and, on the whole, take half an hour or less to make.
While still having an American slant (there's no such thing as a British Paleo book yet) the ingredients are on the whole easy to get hold of over here and if you're used to Paleo or low carb cooking you'll already be used to the American measuring system.
Aside from the recipes though, this is so much more than just a cookery book.
At the front is a quick resume of what Paleo means as well as the author's potted life story and guidelines on living the Paleo lifestyle.
These include Getting Started (with useful ingredient lists and shopping guide) Managing Change and how to get the family on board, Sleep, Stress and how not to be a mess, kitchen essentials and Paleo survival guide. After the recipe section there is a full thirty day Family Meal Plan with shopping lists followed by a section on Fitness with detailed bodyweight workouts for beginners and more advanced athletes. Also exercises for kids and workouts the Mums (or Dads) can do with a baby or toddler in tow. All illustrated with clear pictures.
A fantastically useful book in my opinion and one I'm sure I'll be referring to for many years to come.
I'm off to order more copies for all my friends now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2013 9:24 AM GMT

St John Ambulance Fabric Plasters - 100-Pack
St John Ambulance Fabric Plasters - 100-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars The stickiest plasters ever, 12 May 2011
I have to completely disagree with the previous reviewer. With three small children living in the country we get through a lot of plasters.
These plasters have the best adhesive of any I've ever tried. They even stay on my 5 year old's toe during swimming lessons. The box has a good range of sizes and shapes to cover pretty much any eventuality.
I'm about to buy my third box.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like it looks in the picture, 3 April 2010
Nice quality item but the colour is much brighter than it appeared on my computer and the arm holes are very small - shame.

Kidsleep Globetrotter Wake up Alarm
Kidsleep Globetrotter Wake up Alarm
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 15.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little clock, small design glitch, 3 April 2010
We've been using sleep trainer clocks (of varying designs) with our 3 children for a couple of years now, with great success. We recently bought one of these Kidsleep Globetrotters to take on holiday to France with a view to doing away with the need for two mains adaptors and a separate nightlight and I really think it does the job. The clamshell case is great. The light makes the relevant picture easy to see in the dark and does shine just brightly enough to be a nightlight in an ordinary (double) sized room. The ability to choose between silent mode and an alarm function is definitely a blessing on those mornings when there is an outside chance that the kids might sleep in! And the alarm itself is delightful: a series of bird cheeps and song followed by a realistic cockerel crowing - it wakes the children up laughing (which in itself is a sound I don't mind hearing in the morning).
The only bad point, in my opinion, is the design of the setting buttons on the back. It is very easy for a child to pick up the clock and, by accident or intent, change the set wake-up time and clock time. It would have been better if the casing had been designed with an extra piece of moulding so that the buttons were recessed, or even to have a flap covering them. If it wasn't for this I would have given 5 stars.

Silverline SW27 750 mm Pruning/Bow Saw Blades
Silverline SW27 750 mm Pruning/Bow Saw Blades
Price: 1.76

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 13 April 2009
These blades are cheap - and they don't cut wood!
The teeth are set with too narrow a gap so the blade sticks all the time. If you bend them outwards they soon return to their original position.
I won't be buying any more Silverline blades.

Page: 1 | 2