Profile for DiGio > Reviews

DiGio (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophia's name is English (really?), means "wisdom"..., 23 Jan. 2016
I loved every bit of self-sarcasm in this book, and what makes this book even funnier, is that the Far East Asians do not always get the western jokes or posses any sense of humour at all, or so it feels (I am the Central Asian myself by the way), apologies to my Chinese, Korean and Japanese friends.

One thing Amy Chua totally missed (including her Yale university professor husband, her super smart daughters, friends and colleagues, and amazing editor) is that Sophia isn't an English name, but Greek. This is so not good enough of you, Amy! Take the book back, you can do so much better... Or are you American after all???

Luxury Orange Paper Goody Loot Party Bags with Thank You Gift Tag (Pack of 3)
Luxury Orange Paper Goody Loot Party Bags with Thank You Gift Tag (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Sept. 2014
Very good quality, not too small and not too big - ideal for party goody bags

Impag children's lounge suite with children's chest bench incl. adjusting mechanism, Nila made of solid pine
Offered by Impag England GmbH

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks neat but furIther development needed, 14 April 2013
The set arrived in time, but had a broken leg. I contacted the seller and sent the pictures of the broker leg and the seller sent me a new table, which did not have any faults. So customer service is perfect.

However, I give only 3 stars for the following 2 reasons:
1. The sanding of the wood is not smooth enough and every time I wipe it with duster it keeps little threads from the duster. I guess this is compromise due to the low price.
2. I wish the bench had different hinges as my son for whom I bought this set has hit his forehead for several times while quickly opening the bench and smashed his little fingers by dropping the cover. Of course, some may say it is a lesson for him, and this is the way to learn life, but i just think it would be practical.

Holle Organic Growing Up Milk 3 600 G
Holle Organic Growing Up Milk 3 600 G
Offered by SPORTS INSIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best products on the market, 6 Feb. 2013
After Babynat stocks in the UK shops disappeared I had to move my 12-month old son on other formula milk. I tried Hipps Organic, but because of the added soya he has developed eczema and allergy. I found Holle and use only its formula and porridge ranges.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but expensive, 6 Feb. 2013
Unfortunatelly our favourite Green baby nappy balm production discontinued, and I had to find smth else on the market. I came across this balm and find it very nice one. Though there was initial reaction on my son's bum, but once got used to the skin adjusted. One negative side is the price is way to high i think.

Holle Organic From 6 Months Rolled Oats Porridge 250 g (Pack of 3)
Holle Organic From 6 Months Rolled Oats Porridge 250 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I trust Holle, 6 Feb. 2013
Very good quality without any additives. After Babynat stopped supplies in the UK stores disappeared I had to move to another formula for my son. I tried organic Hipp, but because of added soya he has developed eczema and allergy. I switched to Holle which I found even better than Babynat (which is a French brand and a very good one). I like all the ranges of the porridges Holle have.

Large Ice/Inline/Roller Skate Carry Bag - Black
Large Ice/Inline/Roller Skate Carry Bag - Black
Offered by prolineskates-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and fits everything, 6 Feb. 2013
This is a very good quality bag. Not only do they perfectly fit in my roller skates are size 9.5 but also all the protection gear - knee cups, gloves, elbow cups and... even the HELMET! There is a side pocket as well, where you could drop in mobile phone, wallet, keys and a small towel perhaps! Really glad I bought it.

Lovenest Head Support
Lovenest Head Support

1.0 out of 5 stars poor design and average pillow, 16 Nov. 2011
My 3 month-old son sleeps turning his head on the left and he has developed a bit of flat "patches" on the left and on the back. I previously used Lilla Kuddis pilow which is a complete crap, excuse my french. However, I have just recently received the Lovenest Head Support and yet to see how it is going to help to correct my baby's scull. So far, the design is poor in reality, it looks much better on the picture. That's why I rate it as 1 star and if in the future I see the improvements I am glad to update my review. The hole is not really deep as some people described it here. The baby can easily move the head - which is exactly I didn't want him to do.

Lilla Kuddis Baby Pillow - for Cot & Cot Bed. Proven to prevent and treat flat head syndrome/ Plagiocephaly
Offered by Lilla Kuddis Baby Pillows

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy, 5 Nov. 2011
I would advise not to buy this pillow. Myself having back and neck problems, I use orthopedic pillows and mattress since I was 25. I ordered it together with 2 pillow covers from Lilla Kuddis website directly after carefully reading all information on it. After 1.5 month using it synthetic filling inside got divided into pieces and pillow became flat and I had to use fingers trying to make the filling fluffy again. I also washed it according to its instructions and now I can throw the pillow - all the filling is rolling inside in the form of small balls. Every day I have to bit the pillow - what a waste of money and time!!!

This is NOT Orthopedic pillow as it says on its website. It is usual pillow anyone could buy in any department store, just a small one.

Thermometer-Hygrometer Instrument Room Control Orange-White
Thermometer-Hygrometer Instrument Room Control Orange-White

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, 26 Aug. 2011
Nice look and design, however it only keeps in the memory the humidity limits during the day not entire period of use. The temperature sensor seems to be less sensitive as. Moving the thermometre to ther parts of room shows no change - so wonder a little whether we have sih a stable temperature across the whole room, or smth is wrong with thermometer.

Page: 1 | 2