Profile for Mrs. Carrie Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Carrie Smith

Mrs. Carrie Smith (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best make-up product I've ever bought, 29 Aug 2013
This is a must have for anyone wanting to do smoky eyes. It is just so simple with this product. I don't use the brush provided. I use a wide brush to apply the highlighter and then a smaller blending brush to apply the light grey. I use a lining brush to apply the darker shade at the sides and lash lines. The quality is amazing and the staying power is fabulous. The brow wax makes your brows gorgeous and the highlighter gets rid of any dark shadows next to your nose. I use this with the "They're Real" BeneFit mascara and it makes your eyes look amazing. I would not hesitate to recommend this product. It is a little pricey but compared to cheaper brands it lasts much longer and is much better quality. Even the little eye pencil that comes with it is good quality. Follow the instructions and you can't go wrong.

Clarks Mens Casual Atl Part Leather Sandals In Black Standard Fit Size 9
Clarks Mens Casual Atl Part Leather Sandals In Black Standard Fit Size 9

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sandals, 29 Aug 2013
Bought these for my husband for holiday. They were chunkier and darker than the picture looked when they arrived. They looked good, arrived on time and well packaged. He tried them on but they were too tight so they went back. He does have wide feet but I thought these sandals would be fine as they were adjustable. They still pinched however so they went back. If you don't have wide feet, these will be fine.

Mountain Warehouse Sand Kids Flat Sporty Everyday Velcro Straps Adjustable Comfortable Sandals Bright Pink 2 Child UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sandals, 29 Aug 2013
These sandals are lightweight and fully adjustable. They are perfect for summer whether on holiday, at home or at the beach. I struggle to find shoes to fit my daughter's wide fitting feet but these were perfect. The sizes were true and the shoes very comfy and good value.

Passing the 11+ with NLP - NLP strategies for supporting your 11 plus student
Passing the 11+ with NLP - NLP strategies for supporting your 11 plus student
by Judy Bartkowiak
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 29 Aug 2013
I bought this to help my daughter get into the mindset of the 11+. This book would be good for completely dedicated tutors / parents who have endless years to coach their child for the 11+. You must dedicated yourself 100% to the cause and give up everything else in your life. I do not run my family like that and so although it was interesting, there was no way I was going to go through what it wanted to me to simply to increase the chances of passing a test.

Gola Women's Imala Textile Trainers
Gola Women's Imala Textile Trainers
Offered by FYFO
Price: 19.99 - 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value trainer, but just a trainer, 29 Aug 2013
Bought these shoes for my daughter to go on an adventure weekend. I knew her feet would get wet so these sounded ideal and at a good price. The seller was good with fast delivery. However the shoes are just normal trainers with no apparent waterproof capability than any other trainer. There is no mention of water on the box. I looked up the website and no mention there of them being suitable for water. However they are a good lightweight trainer and my daughter can always use more trainers so I am keeping them. We will see if they turn out to be good in water.

Sundowners
Sundowners
by Lesley Lokko
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Holiday Read, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sundowners (Paperback)
I had previously read One Secret Summer by Lesley Lokko and had really enjoyed it on holiday. I was not let down by Sundowners. It was chick lit with a brain and reminded me a lot of Sidney Sheldon's writing.

The story follows 4 girls who meet at a boarding school and follows their different lives while still staying friends. The characters are well written and there is just the right balance between romance, sex, politics, drama, fashion, glamorous locations and story.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to be totally absorbed by a well written, well researched novel that is easy to read and yet makes you think at the same time.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep
by S J Watson
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in one go, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
Sometimes books that everyone is reading don't live up to the hype. I bought this one anyway thinking it must be ok. I read it in one go. Seriously, I ate reading it, I walked reading it and when it was done, I missed it.

I loved loved loved this book. So ok there's a few plot holes but when a book captivates you this way, they're easy to forgive.

Born To Run
Born To Run
by Michael Morpurgo

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading for animal loving kids, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: Born To Run (Hardcover)
Michael Morpurgo has a way with words that allows him to talk to children without them feeling like he is talking down to them. He treats them as adults. My daughter has 4 of his books now and just raves about them.

2 x DELUXE Refillable Gas Lighter, suitable for Candles, Cookers, Ovens, BBQ
2 x DELUXE Refillable Gas Lighter, suitable for Candles, Cookers, Ovens, BBQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for candles, 14 Aug 2012
I keep one in the dining room for candles so I can light them before dinner - really great as they are long and can reach where matches can't. They are easy to use, can be locked to stop kids using them and they are in pretty colours too. The other one is kept in the kitchen as a backup gas hob lighter.

The X Files - The Complete Collector's Edition [DVD]
The X Files - The Complete Collector's Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars yeah - the whole lot in one place!, 14 Aug 2012
I love this. What's not to love. The whole of the best series of the 90's in one portable box. It is great to watch from start to end or just to pick out your faves and show them to a new audience.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12