Profile for Mrs. Carrie Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Carrie Smith

Mrs. Carrie Smith (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Lush T-Shirts Theres No Place Like 127.0.0.1 (Home) Men's T-Shirt - Blue, Size L

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good T, 10 July 2012
Bought for my geeky husband. He loves it and people who know about IP addresses often give him a knowing look when he wears it. Great quality too and the transfer doesn't come off like it does on a lot of these types of T-shirt.

Bright Paper Pad A4 50 Sheet
Bright Paper Pad A4 50 Sheet
Offered by The Online Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for creative kids, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Bright Paper Pad A4 50 Sheet (Toy)
Bought as an extra Christmas present for my daughter. She loved the bright colours because she could use it for lots of different making projects. Good quality paper.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, 10 July 2012
Bought this because I loved the rofl t-shirt that Roy in the IT crowd wore. This went into the washing machine and the sticker on the front cracked and came off. Worn once then in the bin. Rubbish.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 10:59 AM BST

Pass the Pigs
Pass the Pigs

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE pass the pigs, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Pass the Pigs (Toy)
I first encountered "pass the pigs" in a pub where a couple were playing it and I wondered what it was all about. I was skeptical but gave it a go. It's great fun and my 9 year old daughter loves playing it too. You throw the pigs and when they land, you get scores depending on how they land. We get louder and louder as we shout the result and jot down the scores i.e. "PIG OUT!". Great for travel because you can play it anywhere with a flat surface.

BaByliss 2775U Big Hair Rotating Styler
BaByliss 2775U Big Hair Rotating Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars wow - get one!, 26 Nov. 2011
I quite often get suckered into buying the latest hair gadget. Usually I'm disappointed or I can't figure out how to use them. Not so with this one. I love it. What can I say. I have had great blow dries from the hairdresser but could never recreate them at home. Now I can! First time using it I had a great result with shiny soft hair that looked like I just stepped out of a salon. It was so quick and easy and the brush rotates in both directions meaning that you can do the front and the back very easily. Easily the best thing I have bought since my GHD's, if you know a woman with mid to long hair and don't know what to get her - get her one of these, I am already going to buy one for my best friend for Christmas.

Science Experiments
Science Experiments
by Robert Winston

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun with science for kids, 1 April 2011
This review is from: Science Experiments (Hardcover)
There are so many experiments in this book that you can probably do around half of them without needing to go shopping for any additional material. Some of them just need things you already have in your cupboard such as Baking Soda, Vinegar, Oil, Food Colouring, modelling clay, Washing up liquid, salt, string, paper etc.

There are some which need specific items such as Hydrogen Peroxide, Alum powder, dry ice, UV light, electrical wire etc. which we probably won't do but if you're really interested these things are not impossible to get hold of.

My daughter is 8 and she loves doing these experiments. One of them even lets you clean all your silver while they learn about science - result. As for the negative review saying that some of the experiments are impossible - we have done loads of them and all of them have taught something about science whether they worked 100% or not.

This book will spark the imaginations of would-be scientists and hopefully set them on the path of asking questions and being more interested in science at school. If not, at least you'll have fun doing the experiments and making a mess of your kitchen.

Legend of the Guardians [DVD] [2010]
Legend of the Guardians [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Emilie de Ravin

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best movie of the Year, 23 Jan. 2011
I was not sure what to expect from this movie and was prepared to sacrifice my time in order to keep my 7 year old daughter happy. However, I was totally blown away by this movie. Firstly the animation is so spellbinding that I really felt like I was witnessing something new for the first time like Star Wars or Avatar. The story is based on the first 3 books of Katherine Lasky and my daughter has started reading these since watching the film. The characters are owls but they could very easily have been humans and it would have been a quest movie like Lord of the Rings. The plot is intricate and would be hard to follow for very young children. This is not necessarily a kids film, it just happens to be animated. There is violence in it and a few truly evil characters and so I would recommend it for over 7's. I cried and laughed and clapped at this film because I was so caught up in the story and didn't want it to end. If you buy this DVD, you will not be disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2011 12:03 PM BST

Billy Beast (Seriously Silly Stories)
Billy Beast (Seriously Silly Stories)
by Laurence Anholt

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun for young readers, 12 Dec. 2010
The whole set of these books are fantastic. Not only do the kids find them incredibly funny but the adults do too. They are great to be read by keen young readers but also are a perfect length for a bedtime story. The stories are a spin on tales that they already know and the words in the book are fun to read out loud.

Raindeer - Childrens Christmas Fancy Dress Costume - Medium - 122cm to 134cm
Raindeer - Childrens Christmas Fancy Dress Costume - Medium - 122cm to 134cm
Offered by etailz UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little costume for kids, 12 Dec. 2010
I bought this as my 7 year old daughter was playing Rudolph in the school play. The order did arrive a few days after the specified delivery time but this was not due to the fault of the seller but Royal Mail. The outfit is perfect and easy to put on. It looks really cute and would fit an average 6 - 9 year old child easily.

Abracadabra Violin: The Way To Learn Through Songs And Tunes, 3rd Edition
Abracadabra Violin: The Way To Learn Through Songs And Tunes, 3rd Edition
by Peter Davey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners, 8 Dec. 2010
My daughter started the violin at school aged 7 and this was the book that her teacher recommended. She really enjoys learning the songs and some of them are ones she already knows so she enjoys it more. It has pictures of where to put your hands and lots of helpful information including a couple of CDs so she can play along for practice when her teacher is not there.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17