Profile for Kath W. > Reviews

Content by Kath W.

Kath W. "Spirit of Nature" (Northumberland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
A Call From France
A Call From France
by Catherine Broughton
Price: 8.21

5.0 out of 5 stars An open, honest and refreshingly written book, heartrending in places!, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Call From France (Paperback)
I've just finished reading a book by Catherine Broughton called "A Call from France" which is based on (in fact a pretty true and full account) of Catherine's life in France and the struggles, joys and heartaches she experienced there when trying to build her life, her business and bring up her family amidst many trials. In parts almost unbearably heartrending as a mother myself, but written in a way that is so open, honest and self-deprecating that it's almost like listening to a long-held friend relating her story after returning from a long absence.

Not my normal choice of book I have to say, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it hard to put down as I wanted to know the rest of the story as it unfolded. I've never met Catherine in person, although we're Facebook 'friends' and appear to have a lot in common - reading this book has made me feel as if I know her personally. A brave book, well written in a loose, friendly style, by a mother who isn't afraid to admit to the world that her children aren't perfect and that, as a mother, she makes mistakes, gets angry, is often frightened, and is just a normal human being, warts and all. Refreshing in a world where, too often, people pretend to be what they're not. Highly recommend this book!

Danielle Swarovski Oval Pill Box - Pink, Lilac or Silver
Danielle Swarovski Oval Pill Box - Pink, Lilac or Silver
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful little pill box, 11 April 2011
I love this product - even nicer than it looks on screen and I was lucky to get the lilac colour, which is what I wanted. I think buyers should be allowed to choose the colour instead of getting random colours sent - I was lucky enough to get what I wanted but would have been disappointed if I'd got a different colour. The inside has three compartments which are useful and it is very pretty and nice to put in your handbag.

Sass & Belle Hat Jewellery Stand - Cream - 15 X 15 X 31 Cm
Sass & Belle Hat Jewellery Stand - Cream - 15 X 15 X 31 Cm
Offered by The Trimley Shop
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not tall enough, 11 April 2011
Looks nice, good enough quality, but not tall enough to stop necklaces pooling on top of the dressing table, needs to be at least 6 inches taller.

Eva By Heart
Eva By Heart
Price: 11.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing as it is too much like the CD "Songbird", 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Eva By Heart (Audio CD)
I was disappointed when I received this CD - not because the content wasn't any good (the songs and her voice were exceptional) but because I already have Eva Cassidy's CD "Songbird" which already contains much of the same. When I bought this from Amazon it didn't list the songs so I had no way of knowing that I already had most of them on my other CD. My complaint is not with the actual CD but with the way it was displayed for sale with too little information.Songbird

Creating Luminous Watercolor Landscapes
Creating Luminous Watercolor Landscapes
by Sterling Edwards
Price: 17.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely illusrations, good book, 15 Oct 2010
I bought this book for some inspiration as it looked like the type of painting I like to do, definitely my style. Lovely illustrations by the artist and quite clear instructions, but if you are already an artist (like me) some of it is pretty basic. Having said that, it gives a very good base to develop your own paintings and some very useful and creative tips. Would recommend just to look at if nothing else - beautiful.

Jigsaw Roll
Jigsaw Roll
Price: 9.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than some of the reviews make out, 17 Mar 2010
This review is from: Jigsaw Roll (Toy)
Read the reviews of this product before buying and some of them were very negative but thought we'd give it a go - and it works really well, no problems at all, does exactly what it says on the box. Great.Jigsaw Roll

One Foot in the Stars : The Story of an Extraordinary Healer
One Foot in the Stars : The Story of an Extraordinary Healer
by Matthew Manning

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is wonderful, fascinating and inspiring, 11 Sep 2009
I have had the huge honour to meet and get to know Matthew Manning while he was giving healing over a period of many months to my son, who was suffering from bone cancer. Although Matthew did not cure my son, and he subsequently died, Matthew gave him hope, gave him dignity, and his healing was of a spiritual nature rather than physical, even though Matthew did in fact stop one large tumour in it's tracks which gave my son more time with us and time to explore other treatment options in the USA, which certainly prolonged his life. I bought this book because of my huge respect and love for Matthew and his work, and I wasn't disappointed. Matthew's story is hugely interesting, fascinating and inspiring, and very, very strange - you won't fail to find it an exceptional read - more than once! Many of Matthew's experiences are "supernatural" and we, as a family, have also experienced a huge amount of such happenings before and after my son's death - there is so much in this life/world/universe that we don't understand, but this book gives some insight into this complex subject.

Charles Evans' Watercolours in a Weekend
Charles Evans' Watercolours in a Weekend
by Charles Evans
Price: 10.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great!, 11 Sep 2009
This book is fantastic, and so is Charles Evans - he is witty, amusing, inspirational and passionate about his subject. I have met him and been to his open day in Acklington, Northumberland, and also attended a workshop with him - you simply cannot fail to produce fine watercolour artwork with Charlie - give it a go, buy this book and get painting!

Trailwise Pennine 2 Antishock
Trailwise Pennine 2 Antishock
Offered by Cave & Crag Ltd
Price: 14.99 - 29.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Not used it yet but it looks OK, 11 Sep 2009
Not used this yet as it is a Christmas present for my husband, but it looks good and seems to represent good value for money. One thing I would say as a negative is that the product information made it seem as if it was a pair, but it was only one, so not as good value for money as I first thought. misleading!

(PHILIPS) BEAUTY MOI LADIES SHAVER ( WET & DRY & RECHARGEABLE)
(PHILIPS) BEAUTY MOI LADIES SHAVER ( WET & DRY & RECHARGEABLE)

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC !!, 11 Sep 2009
THIS IS JUST A GREAT PRODUCT. Easy to use and recharge, soft and gentle yet tough when it needs to be, I love it.

Page: 1 | 2