Profile for Andy > Reviews

EXERCISE BAR / DOOR BAR, PULL UPS,CHIN UPS SIT UP
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 6 May 2013
There are lots of similar looking products around, for a range of prices. This one towards the bottom end of the price range, so I did not have particularly high expectations - but as I did not want to spend much, I was willing to take a chance. However, I am pleased to say that it went together easily, hooked on the doorway easily and supports my weight without and signs of bending or marking the wooden door frame (typical Victorian/Edwardian house). I have not seen the more expensive models close up, but I imagine that they are probably made of thicker section tube and have more substantial foam grips, but this model does it's job fine for a beginner like me.

Silverline 427657 Lance 870mm
Silverline 427657 Lance 870mm
Price: 12.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact match for my Challenge Extreme DW-1840BV, 23 Aug 2012
This is an exact match for my Challenge Extreme DW-1840BV pressure washer - even the markings on the moulding are the same, it must be made by the same company as the original, but available here at a fraction of the cost.

Olympus DPS I Binoculars 8-16 x 40 - zoom - porro
Olympus DPS I Binoculars 8-16 x 40 - zoom - porro
Offered by MARBLE ENTERPRISES
Price: 70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 23 July 2009
I was looking for a compromise between great optics (usually found with 50 mm lenses) and small size. For me, these offer the best of both worlds - small enough to take on a hike, but with a good clear image. Even with 16x zoom, it is possible to have a steady image. I use mine on 16x zoom most of the time, so I'd be happy not to have the zoom - maybe it will come in useful one day. My only complaint (and a very small one it is) is that the lens covers are not attached to the binoculars, so one has to be careful not to loose them. Highly recommended.

The Complete Yurt Handbook
The Complete Yurt Handbook
by Paul King
Price: 12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad little book, 31 Mar 2003
If you want a book that gives a good overview and some constructional details then this is the book for you.
I was initially concerned that the book would only cover Mongolian Yurts, but was pleased to find that it also covers "bentwood" yurts from Turkestan (the Central Asian states that were once part of the USSR). As someone who has lived in and travelled extensively around Central Asia, I didn't find anything I disagreed with in the text. The plans are portrayed as easy which may be a bit optimistic for a beginner, and certainly some woodworking experience is necessary to construct the circular supports at the top of the Yurt.
Overall I would say that this is the best book on yurts that I have seen - but then how many are there to choose from!