Profile for Mr. J. C. Hirst > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. C. Hirst

Mr. J. C. Hirst (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Chasing Yesterday (Deluxe Version)
Chasing Yesterday (Deluxe Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars The good part to that is they generally turn out to ..., 1 April 2015
Very occasionly I get an album and the first couple of plays I think I'm not sure, well this was one of them times. The good part to that is they generally turn out to be the best albums I have.
Didn't think Oasis were that much cop, they were alright, If Liam hadn't been the main singer, and it had been Noel it would of been oh so different. Best thing Noel has ever done was going solo. He was the talent behind them. And lets hope NO REUNIONS!!! Noels much better than Oasis ever were. In fact years ago he described himself as being like John Lennon, well with this second High Flying Birds album I would say John Lennon would wanna be like Noel. The Beatles were very good, don't get me wrong, but Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are so much better..
Miss this album at your peril.

Geil 4GB DDR2 800 CL5 D/C RAM (Retail)
Geil 4GB DDR2 800 CL5 D/C RAM (Retail)

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job perfect. Had to flash the bios first to upgrade, 29 Sept. 2014
Did the job perfect. Had to flash the bios first to upgrade, but no complaints at all after that. Works like a dream.

Lone Survivor
Lone Survivor
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Most blatant US Propaganda Movie EVER!!!, 12 Aug. 2014
Watched this film and couldn't believe what I was watching. Its meant to be a true story, US propaganda more like. Open leg fracture, (Thats where the bone patrudes out) no worries!!, just rip my bone off and carry on as if nothing as happened, keep on running straight for a cliff and smash my head on the rocks below, not a problem, there heads are solid. Get shot in the skull and all over my body, yeah whatever, bee stings hurt more. Some how its just not believeable in the slighest. If you like horror you will probably like this film, Its a gore fest. I suppose it is worth a watch, but treat it purely as fiction.
Also i would like to note, I have nothing against the US at all, but I'm not that stupid as to believe that humans, crack US Forces, can do the things to there bodies that are depicted in this film. I served in the UK Army, and we had the pleasure of being involved in a joint exercise with the US. They were more interested in the Burger Vans and posing like Gym Queens, than being soldiers, so this film to me is very unbelievable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2014 3:23 AM BST

What Have We Become
What Have We Become

5.0 out of 5 stars a definate contender for one of the best albums of the year.., 25 May 2014
This review is from: What Have We Become (MP3 Download)
Can't stop playing this album.. brilliant.. loving the title track.. clever, intuitive and as always, funny.. highly recomend you purchase this album.. if you loved the house martins and the beautiful south you will love this..
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2014 6:18 PM BST

Sweet Refrains
Sweet Refrains

5.0 out of 5 stars classic album.. brilliant, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Sweet Refrains (MP3 Download)
Absolutly brilliant.. Apart from the lack of Paul Heatons voice you would never tell that this wasnt the beautiful south in there hey day.. highly recomended purchase..

When the World Had Four Corners
When the World Had Four Corners

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Albums out this year!!, 12 April 2014
I saw this album advertised on Kula Shakers website. Thought I'd investigate and was glad i did. This album is just so cool. Highly recomend you purchase this album.

Secret York: Seven City Walks
Secret York: Seven City Walks

5.0 out of 5 stars For anybody wanting to know amazing facts about the City of York, 16 Mar. 2014
I recently visited York and was wanting to go on a sightseeing tour of all the wonders it as to offer. Thankfully i came across this book, and me and my wife took our Kindle with us and had an amazing time, the maps were very clear and extremely helpful and we never got lost at any point, which is unusual in such an old city. The secrets about various buildings and places bought the history to life. We had time to do 2 of the walks, but we are definitely returning to York (With my Kindle) and are looking forward to finishing off the rest of the walks featured in this book. Best of all, this book worked out a lot cheaper than paying for a guided tour, and we can use it again whenever we come back.

Fun On Earth
Fun On Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Roger's Best Solo Album so far, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Fun On Earth (Audio CD)
This album is absolutly brilliant. It's got a feel just like his first solo album Fun in Space. The sound quality is spot on, the songs are awesome, without doubt it ranks with some of the best work he has ever done, not that what he has done in the past is not great. I always used to think that the songs Roger sang on in Queen albums were among the best.
The album opens with a riff busting One Night Stand, and it makes you feel that its a continuation from Fun in Space, followed by track after track of riff and guitar enfused brilliance.
Another stand out track his "I am a Drummer in a Rock n Roll band", takes you back to the days when Queen ruled the World.
If you have never listened to a Roger Taylor solo album i highly recommend you purchase this album, you will not be disapointed.
My wife aint no Queen or Roger Taylor fan and to say she doesn't like them is an understatement... well she's going to have to get used to this playing quite a lot for a few years until his next solo release.. Here's hoping!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2014 2:04 AM BST

In Loving Memory - The Complete Series [DVD]
In Loving Memory - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Thora Hird

5.0 out of 5 stars British Comedy at its Best, 24 July 2013
As a child I was fortunate enough to live in Luddenden where this TV Series was filmed. In our school holidays, we used to go and watch them film this and met most of the cast. Christopher Beeney once gave us a fiver between four of us. In them days we used to get 25p each a week, so a Fiver was like Xmas come early. Its great to see all the places where they filmed this, In fact the opening shot on the first episode is one with our school on, which is now longer not in use. Brilliant, on par with other British Comedy classics such as last of the summer wine, only this one was in Our neck of the woods. AND ITS NOT LANCASHIRE!!!! Its Yorkshire!!!!

...Like Clockwork
...Like Clockwork

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Best Album of 2013 so far, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: ...Like Clockwork (MP3 Download)
Queens of the Stone Age always deliver, but this album delivers a whole lot more. Much anticipated, this album had a lot to live up to, and it didn't disapoint in the slighest. There isn't a single track that you will dislike. Highly reccomend that if you buy only one album this year, make it this one..

Page: 1 | 2