Profile for B. L. Buxton > Reviews

Content by B. L. Buxton

B. L. Buxton "Techno Mouse" (Coventry)

I Have Too Many Bicycles Said Nobody Ever - Mens T-Shirt - 10 Colours
I Have Too Many Bicycles Said Nobody Ever - Mens T-Shirt - 10 Colours
Offered by Dressdown

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big!, 23 April 2014
I got the bottle green - amazing colour! Nice funny logo for cyclists and very true for my boyfriend. Bought it for him for his birthday... But the smallest size is four inches wider than his best fitting t-shirt.
Extra small as well as extra large would be appreciated!

MILITARY DOG TAGS - Set of 2 personalised army style dog ID tags with ball chains & silencers<br>(READ DESCRIPTION TO SEE HOW TO ADD PERSONALISATION)
(READ DESCRIPTION TO SEE HOW TO ADD PERSONALISATION)
Offered by Armydogtags

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 26 Feb 2011
I've wanted personalised dogtags for a while now, and these are just what I was looking for.

They aren't the best quality, but are great value for the price you pay. They feel a little plastic-y and both tags and chain are clearly cheaply made, but to be honest if you just want something that looks good and can be personalised, these are for you.

The idea of using the gift message option to let them know your personalisation was good in theory, but didn't really work (because I needed to use more than the maximum number of characters for a gift message) and I ended up messaging them separately. But it was easy and they embossed everything correctly, exactly as I had asked.

The tags were dispatched within a few hours of placing the order, which was fantastic, and I received them the next morning. Brilliant service.

Overall, I'm really pleased with my purchase!

Jan Svankmajer's Alice [DVD] [1988] [US Import] [NTSC]
Jan Svankmajer's Alice [DVD] [1988] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Kristýna Kohoutová
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Children will love it!, 30 Dec 2008
This isn't a review, it's just to let you know.

I have lived with this film all my life, and it's one of the few films that absolutely made my childhood. I loved it. Seeing a slab of meat squidge across the table and slither into a pot was not scary in the least back then, although looking at the film now I can understand why my nan always groaned when I said I wanted to watch it. I didn't think anything of the animal skulls or the fact that the white rabbit was stuffed. In fact we had a spoon exactly like the one the rabbit uses to eat his sawdust, and I remember using it whenever I ate porridge so I could pretend I was him.

This film is completely suitable for children. Remember that children have a far more open mind than any adult. In fact it's probably better for people to watch it as a child, because seeing it for the first time as a teenager makes you go "Uuurrrgh! No way!". I believe you can only fully appreciate it by loving it through your childhood.

I, Lucifer
I, Lucifer
by Glen Duncan

4.0 out of 5 stars Some, 5 Dec 2008
This review is from: I, Lucifer (Paperback)
Wow.
I am, I'm afraid to say, in love with Lucifer. He speaks so beautifully and observes such hilarious points that you can almost forget what he does for a living.
I managed to totally enjoy this book despite a lot of the language going straight over my head (Don't tell me you know what a callipered octogenarian is without looking it up!). It made me laugh out loud and had me worried to death for Lucifer's well being at the same time, and that in itself is an amazing feat.
It's wonderful, without a doubt, and is fantastically accompanied by the soundtrack album I Lucifer by The Real Tuesday Weld. Buy them both and buy them NOW.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2010 9:02 PM BST