Profile for Sqddo > Reviews

Poppy Cat's Dream
Poppy Cat's Dream
by Lara Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Favourite!, 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: Poppy Cat's Dream (Hardcover)
We've had this book a couple of months as it is always top of list for bedtime reading. The pop ups are great an beause it's a 'dream' there are lots of different fun themse in the book. There is the added extra of finding bear on every page - my 17 month daughter never seems to tire of this and now gives bear and Poppy cat a kiss on the last page - I think she's so pleased to see them reunited!
The rhymes are great as fun to read and a good length to hold a toddlers attention. Would highly recommend this book
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2011 9:30 AM GMT

Pop Go The Wiggles
Pop Go The Wiggles

5.0 out of 5 stars My 15 month toddler LOVE LOVE LOVES this!, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Pop Go The Wiggles (Audio CD)
My daughter doesn't watch a lot of TV, really only when I have hot pots on at dinner etc and sometimes TV doesn't really keep her attention, but she Loves this CD and will sit and watch it transfixed. I don't know what it is about the Wiggles singing nursery rhymes but it's a huge hit in our house, as are Sign a Song of Wiggles and Best of the Wiggles - so much so I have bought the CD version for the car, she is not a great car traveller, lots of tears but this seems to take the edge off her (and hence us!) and so far not a lot of tears - YAY!!!

Snappy Sounds Toys (Pop Up) (Pop Up)
Snappy Sounds Toys (Pop Up) (Pop Up)
by Derek Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fun book!, 12 July 2011
We have a few of these (Monsters and the Fairytale one, the name escapes me) and I think this one is number 1. The last page gets played a lot as she dances to the tune. Great pictures, pop ups and rhymes however definitely one requiring adult supervision until you know they aren't going to rip the pop ups out!

Pet Parade (Happy Snappy Book)
Pet Parade (Happy Snappy Book)
by Derek Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK!!!, 12 July 2011
My little girl, now 13 months loves this book - I reckon it's one of her favourites out of all her books. There are nice simple rhymes with great pop ups - the only thing is, the pictures are so good, particularly the mice on their wheel 'going round and round' that they've been ripped out of the book...twice...must get on to ordering that third copy of the book!!

Maisy at the Farm (Maisy Classic Pop Up Book)
Maisy at the Farm (Maisy Classic Pop Up Book)
by Lucy Cousins
Edition: Pop-Up

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and innovative tabs, 12 July 2011
This is a great book with lots of fun pictures and lots of creative images created by the tabs. The only thing I would say is as far as push/pull tabs they are not the most robust I have seen and I think it would be best for me to keep it out of reach of my 13 month baby for a couple of months as I can see that they will be pulled clean off the page!

Once Upon a Time (Snappy Sounds) (Snappy Sounds)
Once Upon a Time (Snappy Sounds) (Snappy Sounds)
by Dugald Steer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - however requires supervision, 25 May 2011
Like all these books they need adult supervision so they aren't ripped to bits. They are briliant though and well loved as they are big, coloourful and bright. The pages are easy to turn and the pages are made from thick card so seem to be quite durable. I think the favourite for us is "Toys" but this is a goodie too.

The Very Funny Fish (Peek-a-boo Pop-ups)
The Very Funny Fish (Peek-a-boo Pop-ups)
by Jack Tickle
Edition: Pop-Up

5.0 out of 5 stars A huge hit!, 2 May 2011
My 11 month daughter LOVES this book - so much so I have ordered more from the range for her. The pages are easy to turn with fantastic pop ups - she has her faves but they are all superb!! This book is always pulled off the shelf at reading time and the rhymes are just 4 lines, with great rhythm which is perfect for keeping her attention.
I would highly recommend this book. The huge plus is that 2 months on the book is still mostly in tact (nothing a bit of tape can't fix) - has had better longevity that some other pop ups in this house that have had to be put in the bin :o)