Profile for Charlotte A > Reviews

15 Brown Paper Bags With Handles
15 Brown Paper Bags With Handles
Offered by Go Packaging Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 Aug. 2013
I used these as goody bags for my best friends hen do and they were ideal. I added a printed sheet to the front but also used a stamp and both methods looked great. Would definitely recommend as a cheap way to create personalized goody bags!

Clean & Lean Diet: 14 Days to Your Best-ever Body with foreword by Elle Macpherson
by Elle Macpherson

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for explaining why you should eat clean., 10 Dec. 2012
I really enjoyed reading the first half of this book, I though his explanation behind the principles was excellent and really hit home, although a lot of it is very similar to what I have read elsewhere! I admit I haven't stuck to much in this book due to be being busy at work and a lack of motivation, but when I was following it I never felt better. I didn't follow the strict diet (well i managed a day before my boyfriend told me I was becoming a crazy person - probably a lack of sugar and caffeine) but did my best to cut out the 'crap' as he calls it. I also think that a lot of the recipes would be really expensive to make for someone who is trying to diet on a budget, especially seeing as he asks you to eat organic and a few of the recipes call for his special supplements. The recipes are great inspiration thought, and I know someone with the recipe book alone who says this is great too. I ended up following the Anna richardson body blitz diet, this was much more budget and sanity friendly and I lost over half a stone in the first month and have managed to keep the weight off by following as many of the rules as i can whilst allowing myself a few treats.

Finally, the exercises in this book are great... I try to do them as often as possible combined with the occasional run or swimming session and I did see a difference. I didn't buy the resistance bands but I am definitely thinking of investing in them.

Super, Super Cute Crochet
Super, Super Cute Crochet
by Brigitte Read

4.0 out of 5 stars Mistakes but overall good, 10 Dec. 2012
Great book for ideas and inspiration. As other reviewers have mentioned there are mistakes in some of the patterns. The first thing I made was the bluebird and the increasing for the bottom half seems inaccurate resulting in an odd shaped bluebird! I also think that some of the creatures look great from the angled photographed but then from back look a little strange e.g where legs are sewn on (but you will get this with anything).

Long-Legged Friends: Crochet Creatures to Create and Cuddle
Long-Legged Friends: Crochet Creatures to Create and Cuddle
by Hisako Okawa

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for inspiration, 10 Dec. 2012
I found this book great for inspiration, although as a beginner the patterns are hard to follow. The pictures are great and the finished toys make great gifts. My only negative about this book is the way the patterns are displayed, making them hard to follow for a beginner, although not a huge issue it did mean that in the end I rewrote them by hind in the traditional way. The tables are a great idea but if you are just getting to grips with increasing etc then it can be hard to work out when to make the stitches (this is mostly personal preference). The diagrams are great but are quite small so in the end I found myself writing out the pattern the traditional way.

iPhone 5 Screen Protector Guard / Film / Cover / Case 6-in-1 Pack
iPhone 5 Screen Protector Guard / Film / Cover / Case 6-in-1 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!! Wouldn't bother with expensive ones., 10 Dec. 2012
Great screen protectors for the money. Fits perfectly, although a little tricky to get lined up correctly - although this could be down to the fact I have a white iPhone and not the fault of the product? Have had this on for a week now and no sign of peeling round the edges which I have had with previous products, I think it will take me a while to get through all six of these. The included cloth and applicator are also a great little addition.