Profile for Lizzi S > Reviews

Content by Lizzi S

Lizzi S (Brentwood, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Harcombe Diet: (Simplified Version - CliffNotes-like Summary) Original Harcombe Diet and The Harcombe Diet For Men

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy the Original Book, This Should Be Banned, 6 July 2012
Such a blatant rip off should not be legal! Why buy this inferior rip off when you can buy the real book and get all the information that you need to guide you on to a healthier and slimmer way of life? Such blatant plagarism should be illegal and I'm amazed Amazon even allowed it on to their website. I feel extremely let down by the system,

Wheat Belly
Wheat Belly
by Davis, William MD

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Ever Written, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Hardcover)
This book confirms and explains everything that I have been wondering for years. When I was a teenager I got eczema and IBS. A few years later I started suffering from sinusitis, anaphylaxis whenever I did any exercise & urticaria. I had to stop running because of mild symptoms of wheat-dependent exercise-induced anaphylaxis and I was on antihistamines every day to stop the symptoms of urticaria. I thought my days were numbered. Doctors didn't help one bit. All they had to offer were more pills to control the symptoms, they didn't have a clue about the cause. I started to do my own research and realised that the obvious possible cause would be what I was eating. A year ago I self diagnosed and cut out dairy and wheat products/grains. All my symptoms stopped within 3 weeks. I stopped taking the antihistamines and I could run without almost dying half way around. I could sleep at nights for the first time in 20 years as my IBS symptoms stopped. Last year, this book came out. On reading it, I felt like all my suspicions were confirmed and it made me at last relax and realise that I wasn't going mad, and I didn't make it up. Everything said in this book has been known for a long time and yet still the government insist these products are the answer to our obesity and health problems. We all know how well we survived for 2 million years before the introduction of agriculture and we can all see how obesity and health issues have escalated since the introduction of promoting grains for good health. I feel sorry for all of those suffering with despair because they believe everything they are told by the establishment. I really hope this book will open the eyes of the establishment and health advice will start to change.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2012 10:26 AM GMT

The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
by Zoe Harcombe
Price: 8.81

5.0 out of 5 stars A Diet for Life, 21 Sep 2011
I'd never followed any diet until someone told me about this one. I bought the book and read it about 20 times in a row. Everything in it made sense, it was based on facts, not myths and Zoe recommends eating real food, not processed, which was something I'd always believed in. After one week I lost half the weight I wanted to. I discovered that I had some intolerances and when I cut out eating these foods, my health improved. I no longer had bloating, itching, rashes, sinusitis and palpatations. I have now lost one and a half a stone and eat more than I ever ate before. My skin and hair are glowing, I am bouncing with energy and I get so many compliments about how young I look. I've been eating this way now for over a year and can safely say that this is the way I'll eat for the rest of my life.

The Obesity Epidemic: What Caused It? How Can We Stop It?
The Obesity Epidemic: What Caused It? How Can We Stop It?
by Zoe Harcombe
Price: 17.65

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ for anyone interested in their health!, 19 Oct 2010
This book is an amazing revelation into exposing the "myths" & "corruption" that has occured over the last 20 years or so concerning dietry advice & recommendations. The only loser in all of this is us, the human race, who have been pawns in a sick attempt for the big corporations to make more money by recommending their foods to be the healthiest, so we go out and buy more. By eating these processsed carbs instead of natural REAL foods, we have become more unhealthy & suffered more from chronic conditions like diabetes and heart disease.

If you are interested in the health of yourself or a loved one, I would recommend you to read this book before it is too late. The research has been thorough and extensive. When you realise that there has been no evidence to back up "5 a day" or "eat less, do more", then it makes you question beliefs that you have held onto your whole life. Reading this book has been a shocking but yet liberating experience. I for one will be sticking to real foods, after all, meat, eggs & vegetables got us through the first million years of our evolution, why should anyone believe that cereals & bread are better?

Wonders of the Solar System [DVD]
Wonders of the Solar System [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brian Cox
Offered by filmrollen
Price: 7.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Blowing!, 18 April 2010
I was captivated by this series from start to finish. Learning more about our planet and our solar system has made me appreciate the wonder of Earth and the miracle of life. We should treasure our "Goldilocks"planet(because it's just right). A mind blowing experience!

Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men
Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men
by Lundy Bancroft
Price: 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars An Invaluable and Life Changing Book, 12 April 2010
I bought this book for my sister in Australia. She was living with a Mr Right who was turning into a Drill Seargant. I posted it off to her, safe in the knowledge that this book would be enough to give her the courage to leave him. I ordered one for myself at the same time. I got mine and read it cover to cover. It opened my eyes as to what my sister was dealing with and I realised she needed all the help and support I could give her. Imagine my horror when I discovered that HE opened the package I sent and disposed of the book without her even seeing it. He then went off at her about it. I had underestimated the scale of his problem. Despite that, my sister has left him (only just and it's early days yet)...she needs the book now to help her grow strong and to understand the monster that is her children's father. I am going to send her this book again, to her new place, and I hope this time she gets it. For me, it has been invaluable. My eyes have been opened. Every woman should read this book. We all need to be aware of the warning signs and we need to reclaim our self respect. Life changing!

The Incredible Human Journey [DVD]
The Incredible Human Journey [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alice Roberts
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 23 Dec 2009
This DVD should be on every school curriculum. A very watchable programme about where mankind originated and how we managed to inhabit the 4 corners of the globe. It follows how we were able to diversify and evolve to suit our surroundings, whether it be in the deserts of Australia or the icelands of Asia. The overiding undertone to the series is that we are all from the same place, so why do we fight rather than embrace each other as family? Dr Roberts is engaging and entertaining, making this an easy to watch and easy to learn from documentary. Highly recommended!

Love is Letting Go of Fear
Love is Letting Go of Fear
by Gerald G. Jampolsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, 19 Dec 2009
This book changed my life. I had just gone through a relationship break up and needed to understand what went wrong and why the communication broke down between us. This book is all about changing your perception of situations. Ultimately we all want love in our lives but go about it in all the wrong ways depending on our past experiences. During the reading of this book, you get to a point where you have "a lightbulb moment", where suddenly everything becomes clear and you begin to interact with people with love instead of fear. It is written in such a simple and humorous way, anyone can understand it. I have sent this book to 3 people who I know are having marriage difficulties and they have all said it has helped them get back on track. I strongly believe that the "lessons" in this book should be taught in schools to help children have a better understanding of how to communicate effectively & positively.

Wuthering Heights [DVD]
Wuthering Heights [DVD]
Dvd ~ Orla Brady
Price: 4.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Best One So Far, 10 Nov 2009
This review is from: Wuthering Heights [DVD] (DVD)
Having been so disappointed with the other adaptations of Wuthering Heights, I decided to watch this version based on some of the reviews on Amazon. It is definitely the most accurate interpretation of the story. Most of the memorable conversations are portrayed faithfully and Wuthering Heights is just as dark as I remembered it from the book. All the anguish, hatred & passion is here in abundance with some fine acting by all involved. This is the version I would recommend to others wanting a faithful reproduction of such a brilliant novel.

Wuthering Heights (2009) [DVD]
Wuthering Heights (2009) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hardy
Offered by Discs4all
Price: 4.61

1.0 out of 5 stars All Wrong, 25 Oct 2009
I seem to be in the minority here by the look of these reviews, but this adaptation is all wrong. It is watered down, misses key parts of the storyline & Heathcliffe is terrible. You are supposed to hate both Cathy & Heathcliffe. In this adaptation he is wooden with no darkness, hatred or passion. My husband (who studied the book in depth & is probably a bigger fan than I), sat through this laughing at it and then couldnt watch anymore it was that cringeworthy. I do wonder if alot of the people who have reviewed this adaptation have even read the book. Such a shame that this classic novel can be watered down to suit the masses who like everything to be lovely and twee. Shame, shame...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2012 1:10 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3