Profile for Ellizabeth Fenwick > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No One Wants to Be Miss Havisham
No One Wants to Be Miss Havisham

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Read, 29 May 2015
Witty, irreverent - a laugh out loud take on Dickens. The pages fly as you watch Edie transform with the help of the ghosts of weddings past, present and future. And I simply fell in love with Jack Twist... It's a brilliant read.

Inside Story: The Power of the Transformational Arc: The Secret to Crafting Extraordinary Screenplays (Professional Media Practice)
by Dara Marks

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Jan. 2015
This is one of the best books on 'story' writing that I have read.

The Monogram Murders (Hercule Poirot Mystery 1)
The Monogram Murders (Hercule Poirot Mystery 1)
by Sophie Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 8 Jan. 2015
I loved this book. Having said that, I have only read two books by Christie and they were Marple stories. So I approached this as one who loved the Poirot television series and it didn't let me down. I hope that Sophie Hannah writes another Poirot.

The Last Prince
The Last Prince

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it. Filled with quirky cast of characters who ..., 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Last Prince (Kindle Edition)
Loved it. Filled with quirky cast of characters who steal your heart, this page turner delighted in every way. Bonus- I learned a great deal about horses too!

Chasing the Rose: An Adventure in the Venetian Countryside
Chasing the Rose: An Adventure in the Venetian Countryside
by Andrea Di Robilant

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Nov. 2014
A delightful, 'conversational' journey through some rose history.

Mr de Sousa's Legacy: A Cornish love story
Mr de Sousa's Legacy: A Cornish love story

4.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite Cornwall, 14 July 2014
A delicious romantic read that captures the Helford River of Cornwall exquisitely. I'm really looking forward to the her next book.

The Highwayman's Daughter (Choc Lit)
The Highwayman's Daughter (Choc Lit)

4.0 out of 5 stars a delicious time warp, 2 Jun. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel start to finish. I transported me back to the countless novels I devoured in my teens where the heroine was beautiful, the hero to die for and the villain dastardly. Loved the characters and the glimpse into the past including my own!

The Case of the Exploding Loo
The Case of the Exploding Loo

5.0 out of 5 stars Explosively Good, 28 May 2014
First I have to say I am definitely not the target audience for this book, but I chuckled, I laughed out loud and I learned - I learned a lot. I could say many things like the character development is great and how it's good that things don't go quite as you expect them to. But that's not what you want to see when reading a review of a middle grade book. What is important is that I would have loved my kids to have had this book to read when they were ten…it's funny, it's geeky and it makes you think.

(I read an early reader copy)

Fairlights
Fairlights

5.0 out of 5 stars a cracking old fashioned read, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Fairlights (Kindle Edition)
Loved this novella. Great characters, lots of tension and intriguing history pulled me rapidly through this story until I was teary-eyed and on the edge of my seat at the end.

The Royal Confessor: A Father Neri Novelette
The Royal Confessor: A Father Neri Novelette

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Jewel, 29 April 2014
A beautifully observed glimpse into a time and place where everything is held back and passions simmer below the surface. You feel the longing and are left with wanting more…
Note: I was given an advanced reader copy of this book for review

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4