Profile for Vicki > Reviews

Content by Vicki

Vicki (UK)

The Modern Girl's Guide to Hatmaking: Fabulous hats and headbands to fashion at home
by Mary Jane Baxter
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Millinery!, 29 April 2013
We were lucky enough at the weekend to have a workshop delivered by Mary-Jane where we made some fabulous fascinators and headbands and she brought her book along to show us. This is a high quality craft book! Speaking as someone who is a bit of a craft junkie, I am often disappointed by books that look as if they are crammed full of projects only to find that there are only a few things that you would actually try. This isn't one of them - there are loads of really good ideas, practical projects using a variety of techniques and the instructions and photography are great. I would highly recommend it :)

Knitted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make and Give
Knitted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make and Give
by Ann Budd
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Original knitted gifts - what a fantastic book!, 14 Jan 2010
I bought this book because I wanted to knit my sister some mittens for Christmas. Once I actually got it though I struggled to choose what to knit because there were so many lovely ideas! I chose a hat which was so much fun to knit and give. My sister loved it and didn't take it off for several days :) I was slightly thrown by the fact that it was American but found it really easy to find information about converting US yarn types to UK yarns so don't let it put you off. There are some great projects in the book and I can't wait to get started on the next one.

LUPO USB Optical Mouse with Scroll Wheel
LUPO USB Optical Mouse with Scroll Wheel
Offered by LUPO STORE
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Mini Mouse!, 14 Jan 2010
I bought this as a stocking filler and it's fab! Love the way it lights up, it's a great little mouse and it's great value for money.