Profile for T. Dickson > Reviews

Content by T. Dickson

T. Dickson "PurpleGurple" (Nottinghamshire, UK)

Born to Shop 'Sunshine, Friends & Laughter' Mug
Born to Shop 'Sunshine, Friends & Laughter' Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Aug. 2010
This mug is well made and holds just the right amount for a perfect cuppa. The design & colours used are lovely. I would certainly purchase items from the 'Born to Shop' range again. It would be good at times, if my own words could be put on an item as it would make the mug more individual, but that's just me probably being a bit unrealistic and a picky :0) Otherwise, very happy with the purchase & the person I bought it for was thrilled with it too.

Mosi-Band Deet Insect Repellent Bands
Mosi-Band Deet Insect Repellent Bands
Offered by Health lab

1.0 out of 5 stars A great disappointment for such a good idea, 7 Aug. 2010
I have found the band for the ankle is an exact fit, so may not be suitable for everyone. Now my ankles are not large, so for anyone who has larger ankles the band would not fit. I feel measurements should be included in the item description, in order for the buyer to make an informed purchase. The clasp is not always strong enough to keep the band safely on my ankle, which is also a shame. The biggest disappointment with this product is that on the second second outing whilst using these bands, I received quite a nasty insect bite (in the UK), which resulted in it blistering and my lower leg swelling up to almost twice its normal size. This is the fist time this has ever happened & hopefully this was the last! The idea of the bands is a good one, but I feel the idea needs testing further to make it work effectively for everyone using them & therefore make them a worthwhile purchase.

Psychiatric Drugs Explained, 5e
Psychiatric Drugs Explained, 5e
by David Healy MD FRCPsych

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice, 4 Jun. 2009
This book is an excellent resource for student nurses. The chapters are clearly laid out, making them very accessable. I'm very happy with this purchase, and wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone wanting to know more about psychiatric medication.

Introducing Mental Health: A Practical Guide (Jkp Resource Materials)
Introducing Mental Health: A Practical Guide (Jkp Resource Materials)
by Caroline Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Intro to Mental Health, 16 May 2009
This is a great introductory book to Mental Health. Certain chapters within the book have case notes, which I feel helps the reader to look at all aspects of the individual's life and not just the illness. At the end of each case are `points for reflection' - which I have found very useful with my studies, as it has helped me consider all aspects in a plan of care for someone, which can sometimes be overlooked. Also included in the book, is information on risk assessments and management, as well as diagnosis and interventions, together with references and useful resources. There is a lot packed into this book, but it is all set out in clear sections and uses understandable terminology.

Mental Health: Policy and Practice
Mental Health: Policy and Practice
by Helen Lester

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, very useful, 7 Feb. 2009
This excellent book is a must for mental health students. It covers a subject that can be a little hard to digest at times, in a comprehensive, yet readable way. There is more to this book than just policies.
It has been invaluable during my last module and has been very useful in my last assignment.
I would recommend this to any student studying Mental Health branch of nursing.
Buy it, borrow it or make sure there is a copy at your Uni library, just make sure you read it!!

Handbook of Psychiatric Nursing, 6e (Nursing Pocket Guides)
Handbook of Psychiatric Nursing, 6e (Nursing Pocket Guides)
by Gail Wiscarz Stuart PhD RN FAAN

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy size, 7 Feb. 2009
The size of the book meant it was easy to carry round with you. The information is fairly useful but it wasn't a book I wanted to keep for further reference.

Law and Ethics (Foundations in Nursing & Health Care)
Law and Ethics (Foundations in Nursing & Health Care)
by Judith Hendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Good foundation for the building blocks of Law and Ethics, 3 Jan. 2008
I'm giving this 5 stars as it does what it has set out to do - "provides an accessible and comprehensive introduction to law and ethics". Each chapter is separated into manageable chunks with plausible case studies - ideal for relating theory to practice. It does not shy away from encouraging the reader to access and read other books etc and the Key Points are extremely useful.

Indian Head Massage: 3
Indian Head Massage: 3
by Francesca Gould

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, excellent excellent!, 25 July 2006
This review is from: Indian Head Massage: 3 (Paperback)
This book is great for both students and newly qualified practioners. The step-by-step techniques are easy to follow and the clear photographs complement the written text perfectly.

The anatomy and physiology section is detailed yet comprehensible and perfect for this level of study.

The self-assessment questions are good and definatly make you think about all aspects of what you are learning. They certainly prepared me for being questioned by both tutors and clients.

The course I completed hardly mentioned chakras etc at all (which was a shame and thankfully something I covered during Reiki classes) but the information on this subject in this book was informative and easy to follow.

This book also has a good chapter on health and safety - great for reference.

A very useful and excellent book that is well worth the money.

Naked Once More
Naked Once More
by Elizabeth Peters
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to be read again and again!, 25 July 2006
I picked up a copy of this book during my travels abroad and it got me hooked on Elizabeth Peters books. This I have to say is one of her best. It has some great characters and good plots, with a strong female heroine all the way through. This is a book has it all. I find myself reading it again and again and it still makes me laugh. Fantastic!

Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area of Your Life
Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area of Your Life
by Doreen Virtue PhD

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to read again and again, or dip into when needed :-), 25 July 2006
This is a beautifully written book, but then I have come to expect this from Doreen Virtue. The healing messages section can be used in a similar way to the oracle cards (by the same author). I was amazed at how relevent they were when I did it this way! The chapters near the the back of the book on developing communication with angels was extremly easy to follow and was an excellent guide for anyone wishing to learn more about these beautiful beings. Each healing message is a real boost to ones life whether you choose to believe in angels or not and can help bring a sense of calmness during difficult times.

A truly beautiful book to read :-)