Profile for Mrs. S. A. Cardew > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. A. Cardew

Mrs. S. A. Cardew (Shropshire,England)

Page: 1 | 2
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
by Steve Harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars Americanised yet right on the mark!, 27 May 2011
Somewhere in my research I missed the point that this book is written by an American. Once I got over some of the 'street speak' I found a lot of humour and a lot of truth in what this man has to say. Personally I can't say it's essential that my man goes to church every Sunday and is God fearing - a point that is made more than once - however, looking at the bigger picture I get that it is a good sign if a man has some faith and moral foundation - whatever source that may have. A thoroughly enjoyable book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2013 4:36 PM BST

Make Every Man Want You: or Make Yours Want You More): How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!
by Marie Forleo

3.0 out of 5 stars Heard a lot of this before, 27 May 2011
Most everything in this book is good common sense, so much so, that I've heard/read a lot of it already and am already on the case!! I feel books in this genre that are written by men provide a much deeper insight into relationships and understanding where men are coming from.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and Comprehensive guides, 26 Feb 2011
I tend to use and pick crystals intuitively when purchasing or in my healing practice. However, I often dip into Judy's books after the event in order to glean extra knowledge and I'm never disappointed. Good quality photo's and an easy, concise layout of information make these invaluable reference books.

Past Life Astrology: How Your Former Lives Influence Your Present
Past Life Astrology: How Your Former Lives Influence Your Present
by Judy H. Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too technical, 26 Feb 2011
I am fascinated by Astrology and the idea of past life astrology helping to shed light on our current life dilemmas/challenges was a real draw. I can get a bit lost with Astrology charts as it's not a natural skill for me, however this little book strikes just the right balance between technical and readable, at least for a relative novice like me! A useful reference to keep on my bookshelves.

The Book of Why
The Book of Why
by Judy Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the label!, 26 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Book of Why (Paperback)
I must admit to being a Judy Hall fan as I already own several of her books. This one was a must for me as I have a keen interest in 'past lives'. This book covers many aspects and certainly gets you thinking. One of Judy's many skills is Past Life work/astrology and after reading this book I was inspired to visit her website. From there I booked a reading with her, which proved beyond doubt for me that this lady knows what she is talking about.

Theta Healing: Introducing an Extraordinary Energy Healing Modality
Theta Healing: Introducing an Extraordinary Energy Healing Modality
by Vianna Stibal

3.0 out of 5 stars I may have to come back to this one!, 26 Feb 2011
Yes a substantive book and a difficult subject to lay down in print. After all, healing is a very practical topic! I bought this because I wanted to know more and having read it, went away and read around the topic a bit. To be honest, try as I might I struggled to visualise as per the instructions and I'm a very imaginative person. I haven't quite 'got this' yet, however, am wise enough to know that that might not be the fault of the book. There are many roads to enlightenment and perhaps this isn't my route?!

The True Power of Water
The True Power of Water
by Masaru Emoto

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous little book, 26 Feb 2011
Consider that we ourselves are mostly water and you might want to sit up and take notice of this book. Sure, one can argue about methodology and science. However, just look at the pictures of the beautiful crystal formations and also of the damaged crystals and consider the possibility, just for a moment, that there is more going on here than we really know. At the very least it's a very readable book.

The Divine Name: The Sound That Can Change the World
The Divine Name: The Sound That Can Change the World
by Jonathan Goldman

3.0 out of 5 stars Background knowledge helps!, 22 Feb 2011
As a trained sound healer I've come across Goldmans work before. This book isn't really for the novice, even though it looks user friendly. Whilst a lot of the book imparts knowledge gleaned over a life time, and has some very interesting ideas,to be honest I glazed over a bit before the end. Subsequently I never got to grips with the CD, however, I might just have another go. Sometimes it's all about timing and maybe I wasn't in the right space for this book the first time around - we'll see.

Destiny Vs Free Will: Why Things Happen The Way They Do
Destiny Vs Free Will: Why Things Happen The Way They Do
by David R. Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Not What I was Expecting!, 21 Feb 2011
I bought this book simply because it was part of a triple offer with two of his other books that I wanted! I was expecting more of a traditional Nature/Nurture debate yet was delighted and surprised when the whole thing kicked off with Astrology! A real comprehensive look at all the factors that could influence us both scientific and esoteric. I thoroughly enjoyed the way the material was presented and am delighted in the conclusion that we can overcome our genes. The idea that we can switch genes on and off (imagining they are light bulbs) by how we live and how we think is a highly creative way of putting the point across. An uplifting take on things

How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body
How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body
by Dr. David PhD PhD

4.0 out of 5 stars A good follow on to ' It's the Thought that Counts', 21 Feb 2011
I enjoyed and reviewed Dr Hamilton's first book on this subject 'It's the Thought that Counts'. This book goes deeper and offers yet more astounding scientific research. However, I found this slightly tougher going and whilst I enjoyed some of the personal stories that were recounted as examples I thought there were rather too many of them. Still a good read though.

Page: 1 | 2