Profile for Ms. S. L. Allenby > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. L. Allenby

Ms. S. L. Allenby (Bristol, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fringe: Season 5 [DVD] [2013]
Fringe: Season 5 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Anna Torv
Price: 12.60

5.0 out of 5 stars fringe, 7 April 2014
Loved the whole 5 seasons. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys sci-fi with a twist. Different sub plot every episode. Expect the unexpected.

Swan Mothers: Discovering Our True Selves by Parenting Uniquely Magnificent Children
by Natalia Erehnah
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 Dec 2012
Beautifully written, heartfelt and wonderful. This book is a guiding light for any parent or family member who is parenting an autistic child - highly recommended. :)

Thunk!: Freedom from Thinking Too Much for Serenity and Success
Thunk!: Freedom from Thinking Too Much for Serenity and Success
by Sandy C. Newbigging
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a Master-peace!!!, 28 Oct 2012
As an author of transformation and self-help books, I receive countless books to review. When this one arrived, I began to casually skim it on the train . . . and an hour and a half later I had actually missed my stop!

This is a unique and accessible book, enabling you to experience (rather than just know about) inner peace. There are lots of brilliant books with theories about how to experience inner peace, but this book really reaches the reader, enabling them to put theory into practice.

So a really strange thing happened to me today! I started to read Thunk! again. I can't remember a time when I read a book twice! But there are so many gems in here and even as a long-time meditator I am learning new things the second time, as I did the first.

Thanks Sandy for this unique contribution - I hope that it becomes the best-seller that it deserves to be.

Sasha Allenby - Co-author of Matrix Reimprinting Using EFT
[[[...]]]

Writing Realistic Dialogue & Flash Fiction
Writing Realistic Dialogue & Flash Fiction
Price: 8.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional!, 21 Oct 2012
As a published self-help writer switching to fiction writing, I realised I had a long road ahead of me in terms of learning a new craft. I have read many books on technique in a short space of time. Some, considering they are written by writers, have been pretty heavy reads. So it was with great delight that I read this book. Highly accessible, clear, to the point, engaging. I read it in one day and feel like I learned more about fiction writing in that one day than I had in all the other books I have read. Thanks for this book, it is a real gem and I will read others in the series.

Sasha Allenby
co-author of Matrix Reimprinting Using EFT
Matrix Reimprinting using EFT: Rewrite Your Past, Transform Your Future

Heba the Ho'oponoponoist
Heba the Ho'oponoponoist
by Charan Surdhar
Price: 9.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book that Empowers Children, 24 Nov 2010
As I read Charan Surdhar's Heba the Ho'oponoponoist my first thought was "At last!" At last, a children's book that makes energy work accessible and understandable. At last a children's book that will raise the vibration of their emotions and teach them to take responsibility for how they feel. And Charan has done a beautiful job of connecting how to transform your emotions and they way that you feel, in a language that children will understand and relate to. She obviously has an excellent understanding of children. She also has an fabulous understanding of this kind of work. And she brings them together in this book. I often say that change needs to start with the children, and this book will empower children to take responsibility for themselves, and to be happier and more positive. I will be highly recommending it.

Sasha Allenby - Co-author of Matrix Reimprinting using EFT: Rewrite Your Past, Transform Your Future

Conscious Medicine: Creating Health and Well-Being in a Conscious Universe
Conscious Medicine: Creating Health and Well-Being in a Conscious Universe
by Gill Edwards
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece from Gill Edwards, 20 Nov 2010
I'm genuinely excited by Conscious Medicine. Gill has brought together all the advancements in the New Sciences and quantum physics, and has coupled it with a vast range of cutting-edge information on tools and techniques that transform the body-mind.

I have been an avid reader of Gill's work for almost 15 years, and she has always shared her own personal experience as an integral part of the content of her books. Conscious Medicine is no exception, and the fact that this book has been inspired by Gill's own healing journey, ensures that there is a heart-felt depth to its contents.

Gill's journey is one that is close to my heart. Since healing myself of two incurable health conditions (CFS/ME and Bipolar Affective Disorder), I entered a world of what on the surface, appears to be miracles. I have since seen, heard of or witnessed countless stories of those who have defied the limitations set out to them by modern medicine and transformed their own health and wellbeing. And although these may appear to be miracles on the surface, Conscious Medicine will give you an in depth insight into how and why these seeming miracles occur. So, in many ways, Gill has taken the mystique out of self-healing, and has showed us how you can access such `miracles' in your everyday life.

This book is an elegant journey through some key concepts that I know to be vital, from my own work in this field. Gill explains with pinpoint accuracy how stress and trauma create disease, she explores the importance of transforming beliefs for changing health, and she takes you through a myriad of exercises that help you shift from a place of fear, to a loving universe. Each exercise is designed to shift your vibration, to move you into another dimension of health, and to transform your wellbeing on every level.

Another key for me with this book is that Gill highlights how much of a spiritual journey healing the physical body is. Having worked in this field for a number of years, I have often heard people say that they don't want to work on their emotions and spiritual self, they just want to heal their physical body. Conscious Medicine explains not only why spiritual and emotional healing is essential for physical health, it also takes you on a journey of self-exploration that is really accessible.

In short, I feel that Gill has made an outstanding contribution to new paradigm medicine. Whether you are on a journey of self-healing, working with clients to support their journey of recovery, or are simply curious about how the mind can heal the body, this book will take you on a total journey. Despite many years in this field, there were certainly many `aha' moments for me when I read this book. I will certainly be recommending it to all my trainees and putting it very firmly on the reading list for my courses.

Sasha Allenby - co-author of Matrix Reimprinting using EFT: Rewrite Your Past, Transform Your Future
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2012 2:03 PM GMT

Trust 4 Port USB 2.0 Hub for Mac & Windows PC
Trust 4 Port USB 2.0 Hub for Mac & Windows PC

3.0 out of 5 stars Mac Air compatable?, 28 May 2010
Wasn't overly impressed that it arrived with a 2 pin euro style power supply. Also not sure if this is fully mac compatible or not as when plugged into a mac air and powered by the adaptor it was still not able to recognise the mac air CD/DVD drive, although it had no problem with the usb memory sticks.
Wonder why Mac didn't add a couple of usb ports on the drive? It would have made it much easier to then use USB speakers with the mac air whilst playing a dvd/etc.
So 3 stars. Marked down for euro plug, and given benefit of the doubt over compatibility with Mac Air.

Why Kindness is Good For You
Why Kindness is Good For You
by Dr. David Hamilton
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly brilliant - a total masterpiece, 19 Feb 2010
Once again the fabulous David Hamilton has created a timeless classic in his title "Why Kindness is Good for You." This title not only looks and feels beautiful, it inspires the reader to go out and make a difference in the world. A blend of tips for living a kinder life, in conjunction with the science behind why this is beneficial, David has once again created a book that not only makes you feel better, but also encourages you to be a better person. David is one of the most important teachers in the UK. His ability to reach all age groups and make scientific studies accessible to a mass audience, coupled with his down to earth and warm teaching and writing style, means his work makes a real difference to so many people on so many levels. I always eagerly awake David's next book, and each time I feel that he excels as a writer and comes up with something that is new and unique for the reader. I imagine that there will be a number of "Kindness Groups" which spring up around the country as a result of this work. Brilliant.

Madonna & Gwyneth's Personal Trainer - The Tracy Anderson Method Dance Cardio Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tracy Anderson Method
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The fitness DVD I've been looking for all my life!!, 30 Jan 2009
If you want a DVD that you can just put on and follow the moves instantly, this is definately NOT the DVD for you. But if you want to spend time learning some great dance moves and do something completely different, I would definately recommend this DVD.

I love the fact that once you have learned the moves, you then follow Tracy without her talking. After years of doing fitness DVDs, the reason I usually move on from a DVD is that I'm sick of hearing the same old commentary when I work out. It's not the case with this DVD as it is set to funky dance music.

So if you have the commitment to spend a bit of time on this one, and aren't the kind of person that puts something down when they don't get it the first time, you will definately reap the rewards. Tracy is easy on the eye, non-irritating, clear in her presentation. Definately going to stick with this one - it's a keeper!!

Recovery from CFS: 50 Personal Stories
Recovery from CFS: 50 Personal Stories
by Alexandra Barton
Price: 14.54

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational Read - A Must For All Those Serious About Recovery, 13 Jan 2009
Having recovered from ME myself (and also written my own positive and solution-focused book about my recovery) Alex Bartons book is a breath of fresh air. By putting this book together she has shown that she understands the most important thing that everyone in recovery needs to realise - to recover you have to focus on recovery and not on disease and suffering.

If you are keen to overcome your condition one of the best things that you can do for yourself is saturate yourself with stories of others who have done the same. This book will fill you with hope, and that hope will be a catalist to your healing. Read a story a day, if you can, and see how differently you feel in 50 days.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2011 8:49 PM BST