Profile for Davidhughes19 > Reviews

Content by Davidhughes19

Davidhughes19

niceEshop(TM) Blue LED USB Powered Mini Air Extracting Cooling Fan / Vacuum Cooler For Notebook Laptop -Black
Offered by Cosy-Zone

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea - very poor product, 6 Jun. 2014
I was under the impression, although I might have misread, that this was to be dispoatched from the UK. It in fact came from Chine (I think) and had certainly passed through customs. I ordered on 16th May and it arrived 6th June. which was 11 days off the estimate but still a very long time to wait.
When I opened it the plastic cap which incorporates the out vent was broken off and so I did the fiddly job of superglueing it to the main body of the unit.
The two little hooks that slip into and hold it to the laptop's ventilation grille are small and light and the wheel that pulls them in and thus pulls the body of the unit onto the vent seems weak also. The weight of the unit is greater than the two little hooks can support so the unit flops down onto the table top producing an unpleasant drone - a bit like a pesky mosquito!
It does draw out the warm air from inside the laptop. This is clear as the unit itself becomes quite hot. It does not seem to be very powerful so I sort of feel that it can't be doing much more than being a chimney for what is already coming out of the vent.
Stay away from this product!

I shall certainly be buying another of these Laptop and Notebook USB Cooling Cooler Stand Pad with 5 Fans and Blue LED - 10-17 Inches T5, which works brilliantly. Find it at:

TP-LINK TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender/ Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function, Easy Configuration)

1.0 out of 5 stars IP conflicts, 9 Feb. 2014
Needed stronger network signal in a bedroom to stream stuff from my desktop's DLNA server.
First this took ages to get recognized by the BT Hub 4. The 'easy connect' buttons did not connect at all!
I went through all the options and eventually got it 'paired' using the Ethernet cable option.
Next all our computers in turn started dropping out and I then read in a review here that there were IP conflict issues. I did a bit of research on this but frankly I just need to plug and play stuff so that I can get on with my work and the rest of the family aren't shouting at me that 'Minecraft has gone down, AGAIN!!! Daddy!'
I checked the user manual and there were pages of screenshots of DNS and submasks and static IP addresses to tweak, and I thought: life is too short.
So it's going back and I'm going to try the BT 600 extender which might have the advantage of being highly compatible with the other BT kit we use. Well, let's hope so.
Lessons?
Don't go for the cheap option.
Read all the reviews before you buy.

Yongnuo SYD-1509 With 135 LED 960LM LED Video Light lamp For DV Cameras Camcorders
Offered by Andoer

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful piece of kit., 25 May 2013
This product is excellent. Really does the job for closeup work. I have now bought two and will probably buy more. Particularly like the usb charger socket and the dual battery format (AA and Lith).